You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaucasianReroll

I can't believe I ever defended the Azuma.

92 comments in this topic

Members
1,610 posts
14,062 battles

This ship is 100% unequivocally trash. There is no other way to say it. This has to be one of those rare ships where angling doesn't mean a damn thing. You just take enormous damage regardless of whether or not you are angled. It's insane how much damage you take, even from Bismarcks at 16km with their excellent dispersion.

You have no tools, you have no armour, and you have horrible maneuverability. You try and support your team from maximum range but "hurr durr" Yamato from 25km shoots you because everybody knows your armour is trash.

You cannot make a single move to help your team towards victory in this ship. Because people just target you instantly, and the best part is, when shooting an Azuma you don't even need to know how to aim, because you are rewarded with massive, MASSIVE damage regardless.

ogEaXQ1.jpg

When all 4 of your DD's die - including 2 from a reputable DD clan - and you are forced to kite all game because its a loss - this happens, from 20km away while repeatedly WASDing - I have played my last Azuma game.

Who would have thought, frustrated in 2019 and CV not even to blame.

Edited by CaucasianReroll
pic
  • Cool 9

[G0ATS]
Alpha Tester
153 posts
5,127 battles

Here we have an extremely rare forum post that acknowledges they were in error.

Mark this day.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[INTEL]
Members
9,803 posts
27,863 battles

Yeah, after I destroyed an Azuma in a turn in Montana yesterday from 20 km, I basically decided I don't want this ship. 

• Cool 1

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,474 posts
8,156 battles

At least it's making people see the Ibuki In a new light. What a fantastic ship that is with great concealment, DPM, torpedoes, and maneuverability. Slap a range mod on it and there goes all of the advantage that the Azuma has over it. I won't even miss the once in few dozen matches where the Azuma's AP is put to good use and either isn't loaded or doesnt hit every shell like Ibuki's would resulting in less damage done anyway than 203mm guns. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,428 posts
8,247 battles

Yea, i have no interest in getting that ship.   If they just gave it 30mm plating in some places, the ship would be a in a better place.  The alaska is just a superior boat for the same price.  Better armor, better AP, better AA, and it has radar. 

Edited by Frederick_The_Great
  • Cool 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,003 posts
5,775 battles

defending it in the first place will haunt you for the rest of this life and the next life.

you only have yourself to blame for such horrendous future.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Funny 1

[SUCIT]
[SUCIT]
Members
70 posts
6,197 battles

I knew it was trash before it even came out, anything covered in 25mm armor at t10 is dogshit. Hard pass on that one.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts

I still marveled at how few Azumas I saw when it first came out compared to Alaskas. I figured it was partly due to the mixed-to-negative reviews from CCs and people not wanting to spend money or not having the free experience to get the Azuma after the Alaska.

Members
849 posts
14,844 battles
8 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

I still marveled at how few Azumas I saw when it first came out compared to Alaskas.

Alaska release day: 4-6 Alaskas per game.

Azuma release day: 4-6 Azumas server-wide.

• Funny 2

Members
849 posts
14,844 battles

The poor reputation Azuma's been getting is really just a conspiracy by Azuma owners to keep their overpowered damage-farming toy to themselves.

azumadmg.thumb.jpg.56bc507ac8077e9ebe6d9f1995270148.jpg

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 4

[KSD]
Members
889 posts
5,277 battles

I tried telling everyone in a forum post not to buy it as it was literally a piece of citadels just waiting to explode....

But nope i was downvoted. 

Let it be known that I only post the truth

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
7,063 posts
28,893 battles

No comparison with Alaska or Kron.

Can be overmatched from any angle.

Do you think Yoshino is any better? Not so. Just the same but with long range Shima torps. Good luck facing a Republique even at max range. You are toast.

Members
1,610 posts
14,062 battles
11 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

The poor reputation Azuma's been getting is really just a conspiracy by Azuma owners to keep their overpowered damage-farming toy to themselves.

I can get damage in it, but only have 50% win rate in it. It's just so frustrating :( If they would give it SOME armour I would be so grateful.

Edited by CaucasianReroll

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,211 posts
5,182 battles
11 minutes ago, LookUpAndSpit said:

I tried telling everyone in a forum post not to buy it as it was literally a piece of citadels just waiting to explode....

But nope i was downvoted. 

Let it be known that I only post the truth

I paid attention and heeded your warning.  Dodged a bullet on the Nozuma.

Now I just need to wait for the next free xp ship.  +1.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
3,053 posts
4,926 battles
1 hour ago, NeoRussia said:

At least it's making people see the Ibuki In a new light. What a fantastic ship that is with great concealment, DPM, torpedoes, and maneuverability. Slap a range mod on it and there goes all of the advantage that the Azuma has over it. I won't even miss the once in few dozen matches where the Azuma's AP is put to good use and either isn't loaded or doesnt hit every shell like Ibuki's would resulting in less damage done anyway than 203mm guns. 

I still need to get my Ibuki equipped before I dare to take it out on its maiden voyage, but I'm eagerly anticipating that battle. I wanna see just how much of an upgrade she is over the 8" gun Mogami!

• Bad 1

[SAA]
Members
137 posts
7,208 battles
17 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

Farming damage isn't everything. It will hardly force the enemy team into defeat if they still hold more caps and lose ships in a slower rate than your team.

Members
849 posts
14,844 battles

... when you include an obvious trollface because of Poe's law, and it still goes way over someone's head. :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,718 posts
12,103 battles

Azuma, is a difficult ship to play.  It is not an I win button, I get to kill you.  Like Witchita, you have to work with it and learn all the quirks.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,051 posts
14,805 battles
4 hours ago, CaucasianReroll said:

This ship is 100% unequivocally trash. There is no other way to say it. This has to be one of those rare ships where angling doesn't mean a damn thing. You just take enormous damage regardless of whether or not you are angled. It's insane how much damage you take, even from Bismarcks at 16km with their excellent dispersion.

You have no tools, you have no armour, and you have horrible maneuverability. You try and support your team from maximum range but "hurr durr" Yamato from 25km shoots you because everybody knows your armour is trash.

You cannot make a single move to help your team towards victory in this ship. Because people just target you instantly, and the best part is, when shooting an Azuma you don't even need to know how to aim, because you are rewarded with massive, MASSIVE damage regardless.

ogEaXQ1.jpg

When all 4 of your DD's die - including 2 from a reputable DD clan - and you are forced to kite all game because its a loss - this happens, from 20km away while repeatedly WASDing - I have played my last Azuma game.

Who would have thought, frustrated in 2019 and CV not even to blame.

I saw an Azuma sail off at the start of a game and commit suicide … 

Now I know why …  thx for coming clean o7

Edited by Commander_367

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,324 posts
5,363 battles
2 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

I saw an Azuma sail off at the start of a game and commit suicide … 

Now I know why …  thx for coming clean o7

He probably picked Azuma by accident, and felt that he needed to commit seppuku to atone for his sins and shamefur dispray.

• Funny 3

[WOLF2]
Members
3,051 posts
14,805 battles
Just now, Super_Dreadnought said:

He probably picked Azuma by accident, and felt that he needed to commit seppuku to atone for his sins and shamefur dispray.

Then, it was the right thing to do :)

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
3,053 posts
4,926 battles
1 minute ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

No, he was committing sudoku.

Commit+sudoku+_b5432d57e1414085c0424a98f

Members
4 posts
4,571 battles

Lol. Could be worse. Anyone remember when Katori came out? It was like a t-6 back then. It was instakilled where ever you were. Good thing it was free if you went thru the grind to get it. Complete waste of time tho. They rolled it back to T-3 and it STILL is complete trash and gets instantly killed the minute the enemy sees it. I bring mine out every once in a while just to time how fast it gets clobbered....glad I dont have Azuma...would be pissed at have TWO ships that bad...

Members
593 posts
4,945 battles

One man's trash is another man's treasure. I've been making it work since day one, though I will admit that it is a very challenging ship to make work and requires a certain amount of luck. I cannot recommend it to anyone else, but I have been getting good results with her and I actually enjoy it. When I do well with it, there's no mistake that it was because of the 'sweat of my brow and the strength of my back', (translation- skill). I understand why most don't like it and I can't blame them for it.

• Funny 1