Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
megahugenoob

Question on sold ships XP.

7 comments in this topic

[JMMAF]
Members
230 posts
4,883 battles

So I full on potato'd and sold my Tier VI normandie on accident with 70k XP. I basically clicked the wrong french ship and sold it.  If I buy the ship back will I get the XP back? IS there a way to recover that?

Thanks in advance.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,142 posts
4,934 battles

Yes, XP stays on the ship regardless of whether you have it in your port or not. If you've sold a ship that still has XP that can be converted on it you keep the XP, it just won't show up in port unless that ship was elite and you try to convert XP, because it's designated for a ship you don't have.

• Cool 1

[JMMAF]
Members
230 posts
4,883 battles
1 minute ago, Landsraad said:

Yes, XP stays on the ship regardless of whether you have it in your port or not. If you've sold a ship that still has XP that can be converted on it you keep the XP, it just won't show up in port unless that ship was elite and you try to convert XP, because it's designated for a ship you don't have.

So if I buy the ship back, I can get the XP back?

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,142 posts
4,934 battles
7 minutes ago, megahugenoob said:

If the ship was elite you don't even have to buy it back, provided converting XP is your goal. Otherwise yes, the XP will still be on the Normandie when you get it back.

Edit: No problem, happy to help.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,318 posts
6,746 battles
5 hours ago, megahugenoob said:

Yes, you do. It stays attached to the ship's record forever.

5 hours ago, megahugenoob said:

I think I may not have needed to buy the ship back.

This happened to me. Some time ago, the T4 to T5 jump was higher than it is now so I repurchased the Svietlana (which I had given up on when I was a useless noob), intending to finish its grind and obtain the Kirov. Lo and behold, the amount I had ground out was now sufficient to obtain the higher-tier ship. I SHOULD have just gone to the tech tree and clicked on the Kirov to find out how much XP I had left to go, but my dim, hazy drunken-seal-potato memory was of being a long way off.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

Was the Normandie elited?  if it was you just need to click on "Free XP" and you'll see the 70k listed.  If you were still researching it, the XP will still be with the ship when you buy it back.

Sign in to follow this