You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SerahKhan

Modules Upgrades: Graf Zeppelin, Kaga, Saipan, Enterprise recommendations from 0.8.3

5 comments in this topic

[TSG4B]
Members
198 posts
5,093 battles

Hi all

there is a sale on right now on all these Upgrades; 50% off

I have all 4x Premium CV's

All the Guides I found, reviews are obsolete

can Some Kind Soul suggest what you buy for each of them ?

Graf Zepp: Slot 1, 2,3,4, 5

Saipan: Slot 1, 2,3,4, 5

Enterprise: Slot 1, 2,3,4, 5

Thx so much in advance!

Jean

PS If you feel really, really generous

Same but for

MIDWAY: Slot 1, 2,3,4, 5, 6

HAYKURYU: Slot 1, 2,3,4, 5, 6

AUDACIOUS: Slot 1, 2,3,4, 5, 6

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
11 minutes ago, SerahKhan said:

Hi all

there is a sale on right now on all these Upgrades; 50% off

I have all 4x Premium CV's

All the Guides I found, reviews are obsolete

can Some Kind Soul suggest what you buy for each of them ?

Graf Zepp: Slot 1, 2,3,4, 5

Enterprise: Slot 1, 2,3,4, 5

Thx so much in advance!

Jean

PS If you feel really, really generous

Same but for

MIDWAY: Slot 1, 2,3,4, 5, 6

HAYKURYU: Slot 1, 2,3,4, 5, 6

AUDACIOUS: Slot 1, 2,3,4, 5, 6

General CV upgrades

Slot 1 - Air Groups mod 1 faster planes back to the bote is good

Slot 2 - Aircraft Engines mod 1 is good for more boost

Slot 3 - Almost always Torpedo Bombers mod 1 unless you really like attack planes and then that one.

Slot 4 - attack, torp or DB depending on the CV

Slot 5 - Flight Control mod 1 ALWAYS! +2 planes on deck is big

Slot 6 - Air Groups mod 2 for more HP

You need a CV main for more details on slots 3 & 4.

[KSD]
Members
901 posts
5,312 battles

On slot 3 its always torp bombers.

I feel theres too much rng invloved in attack planes to rely on them for damage. You dont need the extra time when attacking bigger ships like cruisers or BBs. And it doesnt feel too rewarding just to attack DDs. So go for torp bombers and you can make use of that extra 5 seconds to line up tour drop.

On slot 4 depends on the CV.

If its a USN CV i go for dive bomber HP as they have great alpha and you want them to survive more 

For ijn or rn cv go for torp bomber HP as they are your main source of damage. The Dive bombers rely too much on rng. They generally get good damage numbers but torps are more reliable

Also for ijn and rn cvs you can take concealment expert. Ijn cvs can have low plane detect and you can use that for surprise attacks

For rn cvs the 4 point captain skill of sight stabilization is almost useless as the torp bombers already have a tight spread. So tou can go concealment on rn cv too

Edited by LookUpAndSpit

Beta Testers
1,574 posts
7,938 battles

In general all the CV module upgrades are good choices over their normal counterparts except the slot 3 mod for extending attack run time.  Extending attack run time is actually fairly detrimental in a number of cases, and the benefits it does provide are extremely marginal.  Everything extended attack time does can be replicated with smarter play.

In the case of rocket planes, versus DD, when you need the accuracy the most you'll very rarely be able to fully aim unless the target is spotted already.  And in the case the target is already spotted, then you should be able to easily reach max aim in the base window.  Rockets planes are actually very vulnerable during their attack run compared to TBs and DBs.  They tend to get mauled by flak and cannot maneuver very well at all.  In general you want to spend as little time as necessary in an attack run with rocket planes.

For TBs, the base 10 seconds is more than enough to let you start your attack run outside the target's AA range and make a strike with maximum accuracy.  If you extend the time however, you can't use one of the better TB tricks to make multiple attack runs in heavy AA.  Because squads are much more resistant to AA during an attack run, you can often start an attack run while leaving the target's AA bubble to fly under flak and gain 30% reduced continuous damage.  Since you're not actually aiming, you should also use this attack run period to slowly turn around.  In general 10 seconds is enough time for you to leave, circle around and attack again from an optimal distance without wasting any attack groups.  If you extend the run time by 5 seconds you because unable to do this because of the cooldown period between drops.  You can of course, drop your torps before the timer is up, but that doesn't work if you're flying towards friendlies or want to use all your attack runs.

I like to use AA mod 2 in slot 3.  When games drag on too long and it becomes CV vs CV having that mod can be a lifesaver, especially on the lower tier CVs.   

[TSG4B]
Members
198 posts
5,093 battles

any further advice in

the 4x Premium CV's

and the

Audacious ?

Thx all who already responded!

Jean