You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Avrova1904

This game is full of humping island-campers

128 comments in this topic

Members
342 posts
6,004 battles

How boring has become this game!, full of cruiser island campers firing cowardly behind the rocks. So, as a battleship player, what would you expect of me, to approach an island to fire my ship? No way!, I do not play this game, look for another battleship noobs to burn out their ship but not mine, not anymore!

And I could experience how innefective could be this simple tactic. I was in a winner team, witnessing how an incompetent island-camping cruisers team was being annihilated in a quite embarrasing way because of those selfish players that do not want to play as a team. This game consists in cooperate to destroy the enemy fleet, this is how it should have been played. I am experiencing lack of support of cruisers because they decide to sit behind an island, cowardly, expecting that a noob battleship player makes the mistake to approach to that island. This is the World of Warships of today, "a trench war".

I simply miss the times where I had support from my team cruiser players, nowadays nobody is willing to push, this is the world of island-camping sitters.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 13

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,642 posts
4 minutes ago, Avrova1904 said:

How boring has become this game!, full of cruiser island campers firing cowardly behind the rocks. So, as a battleship player, what would you expect of me, to approach an island to fire my ship? No way!, I do not play this game, look for another battleship noobs to burn out their ship but not mine, not anymore!

And I could experience how innefective could be this simple tactic. I was in a winner team, witnessing how an incompetent island-camping cruisers team was being annihilated in a quite embarrasing way because of those selfish players that do not want to play as a team. This game consists in cooperate to destroy the enemy fleet, this is how it should have been played. I am experiencing lack of support of cruisers because they decide to sit behind an island, cowardly, expecting that a noob battleship player makes the mistake to approach to that island. This is the World of Warships of today, "a trench war".

I simply miss the times where I had support from my team cruiser players, nowadays nobody is willing to push, this is the world of island-camping sitters.

CVs are really good at convincing island campers to move or die.  In fact it is one of their strengths. I suggest trying them :).

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
3,076 posts
14,806 battles

You're allowed to call them "campers" up to T8 … 

After that, you have to say "farmer" :)

It's the difference between amateur and professional lol

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Supertester
2,171 posts
9,234 battles
2 minutes ago, Avrova1904 said:

I'm guessing you're playing mostly high tiers, which is where this meta is mostly found.

The thing you need to realize about high tiers though is that mistakes are punished far more severely and often cost you your ship at worst or leave you combat ineffective at best. BB salvos get a lot more accurate, Radar exists, DPM from cruisers is a lot better, and torpedo spreads become a lot more dangerous if you get caught by one. Because of all of this, people play the game safe and slow to avoid making these mistakes that could get them dev struck out of nowhere. 

• Cool 2

[WDS]
Members
1,524 posts
8,265 battles
11 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

You're allowed to call them "campers" up to T8 … 

After that, you have to say "farmer" :)

Edited by clammboy

[GT99]
Members
554 posts
7,318 battles

Playing cruisers more may make you rethink what you just said.

• Cool 4

[KSD]
Members
901 posts
5,312 battles
19 minutes ago, Avrova1904 said:

Looks like someone had bbq handed to them in their BB.

If you cant make use of your big HP pool then you deserve to be farmed.

A BB needs to analyze where the shells are coming from and move to flank it or if that is not a good choice then retreat.

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
503 posts
10,607 battles

I play cruisers a lot and I agree with you OP. I hate island campers. Bring back Ocean on high rotation!

• Cool 5

[KNCOL]
Members
381 posts
1,396 battles

High tier yes but low tier gameplay is usually a lot more aggressive 

[SOV]
Members
2,642 posts
42 minutes ago, Avrova1904 said:

Cv got rid of this but I guess you dont like that idea either.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,006 posts
5,775 battles

if they do anything else they get smashed,so i understand that kind of behavior.

[-BRS-]
Members
2,529 posts
15,788 battles
3 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Cv got rid of this but I guess you dont like that idea either.

No it didn't

It just made it worse nobody wants to push forward now

Edited by silverdahc
  • Cool 2

[WOLF3]
Members
19,332 posts
17,670 battles
51 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

Playing cruisers more may make you rethink what you just said.

But!... It's so hard playing Battleships11!!!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
1,675 posts
1,091 battles

TL/DR Battleship main is whining that cruisers aren't sailing broadside to him in open water so that he can delete them.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[SPCU]
Members
786 posts
5,018 battles

Theyre just playing to their strengths... a face tanking yammie, an island waifu loving usn cruiser, or a shima launching long legged torp walls...

Each of these seemingly insurmountable problems is counterable through positioning... flank the yammie, flank the usn cruisers, and change speed and course versus the shima till radar and acoustics arrive...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
9 posts
4,159 battles

What's really sad about this game is the fact that wargamming uses different calculations for coiners and non-coiners. if you spend money then the calculations for damage dealt/recieved, accuracy and dispersion of shells fired work more to the coiners favor. 

• Funny 6
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[SYN]
Members
279 posts
10,691 battles

5500 battles and only 148 battles in a Cruiser says it all M8, in those 148 battles you must've realized its the hardest ship class to play successfully - it requires smart handling or get blapped 1 salvo -  GL

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[GT99]
Members
554 posts
7,318 battles
3 minutes ago, likalotapus said:

What's really sad about this game is the fact that wargamming uses different calculations for coiners and non-coiners. if you spend money then the calculations for damage dealt/recieved, accuracy and dispersion of shells fired work more to the coiners favor. 

I must have purchased at the wrong time then. I will have to send a ticket in because I didn't get those perks.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[SQUAD]
Members
8,034 posts
8,371 battles
7 minutes ago, likalotapus said:

Aha, lolno.

Whether or not you spend money has no bearing on dispersion or accuracy, for or against you, nor does any money you spend have anything at all to do with the damage you deal or receive.  All premium time and or premium ships bring to the table that regular ships and time don't is economic earnings, and to say otherwise is pure fallacy.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
Members
279 posts
10,691 battles
8 minutes ago, likalotapus said:

you are confused Sir - 

2 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

I must have purchased at the wrong time then. I will have to send a ticket in because I didn't get those perks.

i missed that offer too, 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
279 posts
10,691 battles
1 minute ago, likalotapus said:

Not when you have two accounts (1 coined the other a free account) and have done more than enough testing to see the differences.

As @Th3KrimzonD3mon explained it gives economic bonuses only  (hey Krim

[WOLFB]
Members
2,568 posts
10,453 battles

Last time I tried to sail in the open and support that said BB who keep complaining about island camper, I got punished for even trying to support my BB while the one I supported was running away.

Since that day, I decided I would only support DD from behind an island where I can safely fire my guns. At least the DD provide some eyes to the team..

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
342 posts
6,004 battles
31 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

TL/DR Battleship main is whining that cruisers aren't sailing broadside to him in open water so that he can delete them.

I am complaining because of the lack of support from cruisers, and sometimes destroyers, because they rather hide in an island, and as a battleship player I need spot, if not, torpedoes will smash me, this is for higher tiers. As I said, I miss the times when this game worked as a team, not individually, as I am now witnessing with the island-sitters.