You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
imaioral

What are the odds of being cursed at WOWS?

11 comments in this topic

Members
38 posts

It is quite normal when you have (most of them) average days, with some 50-50 win and loses (especially solo) and very very very rare days where you win 2/3, but this shot proves the extreme rare "lucky day" with many, but a lot of s*** teams and s*** players, where you give your max to the team, you play nice to win and sum for your stats and everyone, but the players just can't think to play at minimum the ok for winning. It's just proving (among other things) the definitely the MM doesn't work at all, put the good ones on one side and s*** ones on the other side, it really pisses me off... to not say, the VERY common thing of putting 1x (or max 2) t8's vs an almost entire team of t10's, making it totally unplayable, forcing yourself to play defensively because you just can't face them (even if a s*** player with a tough ship, shreds you in a half aimed shot). IMO the MM should make an average calculus of the stats of the players for a real average team, before matching them for battle, not like it seems to be, picking the ship tier, putting on each side, balancing the numbers of classes and f... up the rest, the results may be like my today's top day.

wowshit.jpg

[KRAK]
Members
2,212 posts
15,820 battles
2 minutes ago, imaioral said:

It is quite normal when you have (most of them) average days, with some 50-50 win and loses (especially solo) and very very very rare days where you win 2/3, but this shot proves the extreme rare "lucky day" with many, but a lot of s*** teams and s*** players, where you give your max to the team, you play nice to win and sum for your stats and everyone, but the players just can't think to play at minimum the ok for winning. It's just proving (among other things) the definitely the MM doesn't work at all, put the good ones on one side and s*** ones on the other side, it really pisses me off... to not say, the VERY common thing of putting 1x (or max 2) t8's vs an almost entire team of t10's, making it totally unplayable, forcing yourself to play defensively because you just can't face them (even if a s*** player with a tough ship, shreds you in a half aimed shot). IMO the MM should make an average calculus of the stats of the players for a real average team, before matching them for battle, not like it seems to be, picking the ship tier, putting on each side, balancing the numbers of classes and f... up the rest, the results may be like my today's top day.

wowshit.jpg

There is one thing in common with all these matches you are showing us. Know what that is?

[WOLFC]
Members
978 posts
2,392 battles

Not trying to nitpick, but your average  damage numbers on all cruisers are pretty low. How are you playing them? You have more willpower than me. After 3 losses i would of quit game for the day.

[WOLFC]
Members
978 posts
2,392 battles
6 minutes ago, imaioral said:

wowshit.jpg

You really need to get out of the mindset of being in T8 and facing all t10s equals a loss. Its all about positioning on the map. Park that cleveland behind an island with good flanking cover from other islands and ships, and watch you burn T10 BBs to the ground. You cant just sail in open water.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,006 posts
17 minutes ago, imaioral said:

wowshit.jpg

I have this tin-foil hatted conspiracy that this is NOT REAL.  It's some advanced computer program written by software experts, advised by marketing and psychologists to do the following:

1) make the game so awesome that you are addicted -- check X

2) get you so emotionally invested so you will continue a losing streak for 10 straight games -- check X

3) Get you hooked on consumables, premium ships, and premium time with GREAT days as a reward for spending a dime. -- working on you...  unchecked O

4) Nerf your premium ships so you will get angry, unload...... thus opening room for fresh new players to fill the void.    (I'm getting there..  how long to launch fighters?)

[-BRS-]
Members
2,545 posts
15,796 battles

What are the odds? 3:1

[WDS]
Members
1,532 posts
8,270 battles
31 minutes ago, imaioral said:

wowshit.jpg

28 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

There is one thing in common with all these matches you are showing us. Know what that is?

Even so that's just bad luck too that's hard to look at I'm actually scared to go play now anybody who read this post might be infected . Please shower and disinfect all exposed body parts .

[EQRN]
Members
920 posts
11,011 battles

I stop playing a given ship if I hit 3 losses with it in a night (and only play til I win the first win bonus).  I’m sure everyone has their theories and superstitions, mine is that frustration from consecutive losses will decrease your performance, increasing your chances of further losses, and the downward spiral begins.  Take a break, call it an early night, play co op, play another game, and your long term enjoyment of the game will improve.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,399 posts
10,935 battles

Ouch, all I can say is some days you are the...
yk0413__55974.1393971489.480.480.jpg?c=2

And some days you are the...
Rei-Ohara-.jpeg

You just had a day as the...
Rei-Ohara-.jpeg

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
Members
1,739 posts
8,985 battles

Sorry you had snake eyes every roll. Been there. My record is 0-10. Every game you had a loss, it should have became astronomically higher against taking a loss. At least one game, even if you just sit at spawn should have been a win. It stinks, I know. 

You can disregard the catty comments of "know what the common denominator was", "learn to carry harder", "git gud". Those are troll comments just like MM/RNG trolling you. The bad thing is, after awhile you start playing angry and jaded. Then, you are more prone to mistakes. It can do some damage to your WR if you keep up with that. If you don't then don't sweat it. 

I do suggest a circuit breaker of 3 or 4 games. If you hit it. Try a operation or co-op. If that doesn't work. I suggest getting up and doing something around the house. Luckily for me, I always a honey do or two waiting for me lol.

Hope things go better soon.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[SYN]
Members
279 posts
10,693 battles
2 hours ago, imaioral said:

wowshit.jpg

I remember hitting a wall at Tier 8 myself couple years back, my 1st T8 was a Mogami-very frustrating meeting skilled T8-9-10 captains, I helped them all with their stat padding lol,  I am assuming your highest tier is 8 from your screenshot? if you have a headset/mic/discord PM me if you want to division - Good Luck M8

(I also use the 3 loss, I'm out rule)