You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ocklawaha

Fix the Port FFS PLEASE!!!!

36 comments in this topic

[SP3AR]
[SP3AR]
Beta Testers
18 posts
5,977 battles

Tired of the port locking up and either not responding or goes black. Id like to be able to push join division without the client crashing. I really wanna push the chat button and communicate with out the server having a heart attack. Forget trying to join or create a training room. Might as well be turned off. My god its been three or four patches over TWO MONTHS and still not performance or error fixes????!!!!! Sigh....

Anyone else getting this? Oh the support people are great! But.. They can't fix everything :(

Cheers

• Cool 2

[O7]
Members
1,008 posts
14,165 battles

The port has been much much better and improved greatly since the last patch. I haven't had these issues.

• Cool 3

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,642 posts

This patch actually made the port a bit laggy for me where it wasn't before.  That said, I am not having any of the problems you are talking about.

[SP3AR]
[SP3AR]
Beta Testers
18 posts
5,977 battles

To be honest I thought it was my PC. Did a complete cooling overhaul. Replaced power supply and swapped SSDs out. Same old issues. :(

Sidenote: anyone delid a CPU? Is it worth? 

Edited by ocklawaha

[CK5]
Members
990 posts
8,671 battles

Yep, the last patch has made the port screen a bit laggy for me.  It still works, but I can almost hear the gears grinding.  

[PLPT]
Members
209 posts
9,892 battles

My port lag went from nonexistent, to a royal pain with the new patch.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,642 posts
1 minute ago, ocklawaha said:

To be honest I thought it was my PC. Did a complete cooling overhaul. Replaced power supply and swapped SSDs out. Same old issues. :(

Sidenote: anyone delid a CPU? Is it worth? 

The game is now 64 bit and support for DX9 cards stopped.  Might that be related?

[GT99]
Members
554 posts
7,318 battles

When 8.3 dropped the port UI was a little snappier for me and the game closed instantly when I exited it. Now it is back being laggy and slow again. The snappiness only lasted for a few days and fell apart.

Members
82 posts
17,704 battles

Hi, When I am in port, my gui constantly freezes for about 1 minute.  This happens about every 5 to 10 minutes.  I heard that this is due to the large number of ships in your port, > 100.  And the Gui is updating all the ships.  So this may not be a fixable thing.   Regards!

Members
4,381 posts
7,093 battles

I have none of the port issues you have...  You have run the File Integrity process on the install - correct?  Windows 10?

Edited by CylonRed

[WGA]
Administrator
1,194 posts
483 battles

Hey OP, first how many ships do you have in port?  Also what resolution are you playing the game on?  Finally to confirm you are seeing crashes going to games or back to port or both?

[SVF]
Members
205 posts
13,014 battles

I have been noticing some bad lag past couple days in port. I have 150 ships in port When I want to do things like invite a div mate or change flags there is a noticeable stutter.

[PQUOD]
Members
1,735 posts
8,956 battles

I blame my ISP ( I blame them for everything ha), and will till we have fiber optic installed lol

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
11 minutes ago, Suryn said:

I have been noticing some bad lag past couple days in port. I have 150 ships in port When I want to do things like invite a div mate or change flags there is a noticeable stutter.

I don't have anywhere near 150 ships (Tiers V-X IJN CA, Exeter, KG5, and Nagato), and I've lagging like mad in Port recently.

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
294 posts
12,882 battles

Patch 8.0 made my port laggier than before on my 8 year old PC.   So my issues are obviously not what everyone else experiences.

However having the Azure Lane?  port recently has made it much better.

WarGaming should make a default version of that port, with your ship on a stand and no water, reflections, limited shadows, a very simple small room.   @Radar_X

[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,372 posts
5,428 battles

OP have you tried the Ocean port? That one is much more responsive than other ports, because there's nothing except 2 ships to load and render.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
20,153 posts
20,002 battles

For what it's worth, I have 196 ships in my port and have no issues whatsoever when it comes to changing ships in port, or displaying them.

[GT99]
Members
554 posts
7,318 battles
39 minutes ago, Banished_Privateer said:

I noticed that port GPU and CPU use are really high, sometimes even higher than battle usage. 

Yep, being in port drives my CPU and GPU mad.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,531 posts
5 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

Yep, being in port drives my CPU and GPU mad.

Not only that... but if you move about the port options quickly, you'll often trigger a complete freeze of the port interface. It can be for only a couple seconds, but I've counted them up to nearly fifteen seconds. 

It needs some serious review. Could be reaching out to mama net too much or getting caught in a loop trying to do something, but somewhere in that code there's a problem  that's playing very hard to get. 

Members
4,381 posts
7,093 battles
41 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Not only that... but if you move about the port options quickly, you'll often trigger a complete freeze of the port interface. It can be for only a couple seconds, but I've counted them up to nearly fifteen seconds. 

It needs some serious review. Could be reaching out to mama net too much or getting caught in a loop trying to do something, but somewhere in that code there's a problem  that's playing very hard to get. 

It has to be something specific with drivers, OS, etc...  Else so many more would have issues across the board.  Perhaps a chipset on a motherboard or combination of chipset and other hardware drivers.  Problem is - those are exceedingly hard to find.

Edited by CylonRed

[GT99]
Members
554 posts
7,318 battles
1 hour ago, Herr_Reitz said:

I can't say that I have experienced any freezes but it is not something one should be in a hurry messing about with. It is frustrating when you are messing with flags, camos, and modules and it is slow as hell. I don't have a weak system either.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,531 posts

My system should be more than enough... MSI Laptop Intel i7-8750H @ 2.20GHz, 8GB ram, Nvidia GTX1050Ti... and the game is setup to utilize the Nvidia, not the Intel on-board chip. It's somewhere in the code...

If I were to hazard a guess, it would be related to what I suggested earlier - ET phone home. 

Oh... there was a reply about fixing it a piece at a time... typically, in software, that's not a good thing. It's akin to working on car engines by pulling and replacing pieces, hoping you fix the car. When you do that, you're a parts guy, not a mechanic.If you get lucky, it runs - but you won't know why. 

A mechanic diagnoses the problem, isolates the problem, considers what will be needed to correct the problem then throws the problem in the junkyard because it's more expensive to repair than it is to replace the entire engine. :cap_haloween:

Edited by Herr_Reitz