You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Anyone else having horrific ping spikes tonight?

17 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
10,198 posts
6,652 battles

Anywhere from 1500 to 3200 milliseconds. Never less than 900. Sustained problem.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WOLF7]
Members
11,367 posts

Nyet. has been ok so far, just played a few scenario's though...

[HYDRO]
Members
2,802 posts
4,579 battles

I take it you have checked all the other potential culprits like downloads in background etc?

[PQUOD]
Members
1,689 posts
8,865 battles

I had them about a week ago, never checked to make 100% sure but I believe it was a combo of my local ISP and my computer itself. In the middle of heavy action, it would slow down and get choppy. Lots of graphics going on at once. I lay that on my computer. The high ping I lay on my ISP. Was spiking over 1500

[HELLS]
Members
2,033 posts
19,420 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Anywhere from 1500 to 3200 milliseconds. Never less than 900. Sustained problem.

Twice. Server issue the last time it happened. Quit playing once it started because I had my 3 daily crates done at that point.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,198 posts
6,652 battles
10 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

I take it you have checked all the other potential culprits like downloads in background etc?

First thing I thought of, but no. It happened to me on Sunday also.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,802 posts
4,579 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

First thing I thought of, but no. It happened to me on Sunday also.

Hm, weird. Haven't had any lag spikes these past few days. Aside from checking up the classic stuff and resetting router I can't imagine there can be something else you can do about it; it's either ISP or some of the occasional hiccups a few players each patch seem to get at times.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,198 posts
6,652 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

it's either ISP or some of the occasional hiccups a few players each patch seem to get at times.

It may have been the ISP; YouTube was also laggy after I made this post, and I eventually had to give up on it. 

[HYDRO]
Members
2,802 posts
4,579 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It may have been the ISP; YouTube was also laggy after I made this post, and I eventually had to give up on it. 

I see, have you done a speedtest to see how much and if ping and speeds have fallen?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,198 posts
6,652 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

I see, have you done a speedtest to see how much and if ping and speeds have fallen?

No, although I will do so again if there are problems tonight, and I think I will go back to my policy of a warm-up game in the Black Swan.

The problem is, it can start OK (as my opening game did last night), and then suddenly I've got a 3 second delay on all my actions and even ramming is impossible. I struggled my way to the first crate by getting two ramming kills in the Swan in co-op last night; I find that if I target Hermelins, I can survive the ram and repair the flooding.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,802 posts
4,579 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No, although I will do so again if there are problems tonight, and I think I will go back to my policy of a warm-up game in the Black Swan.

The problem is, it can start OK (as my opening game did last night), and then suddenly I've got a 3 second delay on all my actions and even ramming is impossible. I struggled my way to the first crate by getting two ramming kills in the Swan in co-op last night; I find that if I target Hermelins, I can survive the ram and repair the flooding.

I have stopped playing Randoms from the get go, instead doing first a few co op battles in whichever ship I don't wanna grind in Random. It's a safety precaution that I take regardless of internet status nowadays.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,198 posts
6,652 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

I have stopped playing Randoms from the get go, instead doing first a few co op battles in whichever ship I don't wanna grind in Random. It's a safety precaution that I take regardless of internet status nowadays.

Ironically, I've been drifting back towards being a co-op main these days. But last night I was digesting everything I've been hearing about the new IJN premiums coming, and figuring it was time to pull the finger out and get on & finish Honourable Service (I've only had T8+ ships for a year now, LOL). Put on the man pants, fire up the Baltimore... oh ship.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,802 posts
4,579 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Ironically, I've been drifting back towards being a co-op main these days. But last night I was digesting everything I've been hearing about the new IJN premiums coming, and figuring it was time to pull the finger out and get on & finish Honourable Service (I've only had T8+ ships for a year now, LOL). Put on the man pants, fire up the Baltimore... oh ship.

Well in that case a solid ship lineup and patience can make the Campaign relatively comfortable if you don't mind the tier VIII uptiering.

Lag in the mix though, no thanks :fish_boom:

[ARGSY]
Members
10,198 posts
6,652 battles
11 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Well in that case a solid ship lineup and patience can make the Campaign relatively comfortable if you don't mind the tier VIII uptiering.

T8: Benson, Baltimore, Cleveland, Cossack, Edinburgh, Monarch, Richelieu.

T9: Musashi, Neptune.

T10: Salem, Minotaur.

I managed to pick up ALL the Bionic permacamos in the last patch so my ticket is punched for Saint-Louis and Buffalo if I want them, hence the willingness to grind the Baltimore and take what comes.

[HYDRO]
Members
2,802 posts
4,579 battles
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

T8: Benson, Baltimore, Cleveland, Cossack, Edinburgh, Monarch, Richelieu.

T9: Musashi, Neptune.

T10: Salem, Minotaur.

I managed to pick up ALL the Bionic permacamos in the last patch so my ticket is punched for Saint-Louis and Buffalo if I want them, hence the willingness to grind the Baltimore and take what comes.

Yeah that's a pretty solid lineup with a varied playstyle. Provided you are focused it won't be that hard. The only issue and mistake I do some times  with these Campaigns is forcing myself to finish specific tasks. Playing naturally and come what may is much more relaxed and more likely to bring quick and easy completions.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,198 posts
6,652 battles
4 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Provided you are focused it won't be that hard.

I assume you are talking about being focused in the sense of concentrating on the game.

Being focused in the generally understood in-game sense makes it significantly harder! :Smile_teethhappy:

6 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

The only issue and mistake I do some times  with these Campaigns is forcing myself to finish specific tasks.

I've brought the damage task back in, so I can advance slowly but surely regardless of what else happens. I also have the secondary-breaking and citadel tasks up. They are good options for a ship that can fire both HE and AP, especially as quickly as the Salem does it. The Edinburgh was at something of a disadvantage in that respect, especially when I first got her.

• Cool 1