You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AvengerBak

French BB Captain Spec

18 comments in this topic

[AOD]
Members
34 posts
1,328 battles

I just got the T8 Richelieu, and I want to make sure I have a good captain once I get the Republique. Is that a good ship to go a full Secondary build? Or would a more balanced captain be better. My captain is about to hit 14 points, and originally I was going to go for Manual Fire control for secondaries, but now I am not too sure if that is a good idea. Would concealment be a better choice?

My build ideas were these https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=2,3,9,12,17,23,28&ship=Battleship or https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=1,3,9,17,23,26,28&ship=Battleship 

I would like my captain to be something I can use in Clan battles as well as randoms.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks!

(edit: I meant to put Concealment not Radio location on the build)

Edited by AvengerBak

[-AGW-]
Members
772 posts
10,929 battles

Definitely needs concealment. Sometimes you have to relocate across the map without being seen. I don't like to go full manual secondaries. Leave it just a step below. The light-show alone deters some people.

Actually it's the only high tier BB I can think of that can get by with a less than fully specc'd captain. 

Edited by NashW8

Members
102 posts
681 battles
9 minutes ago, AvengerBak said:

I just got the T8 Richelieu, and I want to make sure I have a good captain once I get the Republique. Is that a good ship to go a full Secondary build? Or would a more balanced captain be better. My captain is about to hit 14 points, and originally I was going to go for Manual Fire control for secondaries, but now I am not to sure if that is a good idea. Would concealment be a better choice?

My build ideas were these https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=2,3,9,17,23,28,34&ship=Battleship or https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=1,3,9,17,23,26,28&ship=Battleship 

I would like my captain to be something I can use in Clan battles as well as randoms.

Doesn't matter what game mode is, if you want the most effective build, its:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=2,3,12,14,17,23,28&ship=Battleship

Secondary builds are for people who cant aim so they have to let the AI aim for them, and for people who doesn't know how to position so they can pew pew a few times before getting burned to the ground.

Don't be one of them.

[OKM]
Members
287 posts
2,456 battles

The only manly way:

BFT

AFT

Manual Secondaries

IFHE

burn ships down with the secondaries while your main gun target an other.

also, concealment have quite less value since its nerf and the CV rework.

Edited by Y_Nagato

[NGAGE]
Members
3,103 posts
8,094 battles
12 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=2,3,12,14,17,23,28&ship=Battleship

Secondary builds are for people who cant aim so they have to let the AI aim for them, and for people who doesn't know how to position so they can pew pew a few times before getting burned to the ground.

Don't be one of them

Secondary builds are great in co-op :cap_cool:

Members
1,824 posts
9,396 battles

If you intend to use it for clan battles. Dolphin Princess's build is the one you want. Secondaries are great fun in random. But in competitive formats they are ineffective. 

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,237 posts
2,980 battles

Concealment and AFT kind contradict each other. Do you want to be close for secondaries or not? If you are going for secondaries, go for the second one with manual fire. 

However your best bet general build with almost every BB is...

16 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

[ARP2]
Members
1,364 posts
3,637 battles
17 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Don't be one of them.

Thems fightin wurds.

Kidding aside, secondary builds are the most fun you can have un a BB.  I can haz my AP secondaries back naow?

[-AGW-]
Members
772 posts
10,929 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

Concealment and AFT kind contradict each other. Do you want to be close for secondaries or not?

You don't want to be seen until you bow in and go for the melee. Seems reasonable to me.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,232 posts
14,211 battles
1 hour ago, AvengerBak said:

I just got the T8 Richelieu, and I want to make sure I have a good captain once I get the Republique. Is that a good ship to go a full Secondary build? Or would a more balanced captain be better. My captain is about to hit 14 points, and originally I was going to go for Manual Fire control for secondaries, but now I am not too sure if that is a good idea. Would concealment be a better choice?

My build ideas were these https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=2,3,9,12,17,23,28&ship=Battleship or https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/captains-skills/?skills=1,3,9,17,23,26,28&ship=Battleship 

(edit: I meant to put Concealment not Radio location on the build)

Captain skills.

PT

EM

SI

FP

BFT

AFT.

modules 

MAM1

DAMCON

I FORGET

DAMCON

STEALTH

AIM SYST.

11.7 is the end result for secondaries with main armaments hitting hard and more accurate. 

[JMMAF]
Members
231 posts
4,888 battles
1 hour ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Don't be one of them.

Just curious, if you have a GK are you suggesting that you run a full defensive build instead of a secondary?  TO me, if you are not running a secondary build in a GK, why bother? Every other battleship does it better.  Yamato has better guns and dispersion. Montana has better guns and dispersion and is more balanced.  French have better speed and pens, British have better heal and insane fire.

[AAA]
Members
621 posts
7,137 battles

Alsace and Republic are great secondary builds. I have a 19 pt captain on both.  I even use the captain on the JB. The Rich works well as a secondary build. 

With the KM, MN or Massachusetts you can shred a dd or cruiser or low health bb while you focus your main battery on another target. Great way to rack up the dmg 

the only bb I run concealment on after 8.0 is the RN line and the NC/Bama. Massachusetts would do great with CE but hehe she is a brawler. No CE for Massachusetts 

Members
501 posts

OP...for the love of God, don't be one of those that puts full secondary builds on French BB's. French BB's are best played at range and are NOT brawlers. French BB captain builds are about max fire prevention and max stealth. With the current CV situation, maybe you do a hybrid fire prevention, AA build.  But, you are asking for it when you start spec'ing BFT, AFT, and IFHE in the same build.  Asking to leave the battle quickly, that is. 

Members
102 posts
681 battles
1 hour ago, megahugenoob said:

Just curious, if you have a GK are you suggesting that you run a full defensive build instead of a secondary?  TO me, if you are not running a secondary build in a GK, why bother? Every other battleship does it better.  Yamato has better guns and dispersion. Montana has better guns and dispersion and is more balanced.  French have better speed and pens, British have better heal and insane fire.

Of course you run a standard build on GK. 

Reason? Here is their effectiveness ranked:

Montana Standard > GK Standard >>> GK Secondary > Montana Secondary

Just because a certain ship is more suited to take secondary, doesn't mean it should.

You don't build for secondaries on GK for the same reason why you don't build for torpedoes on Tirpitz, even if it has the best BB torpedoes.

Edited by DolphinPrincess

[FOXEH]
Members
1,465 posts
5,834 battles
4 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Don't be one of them.

Didn't your aristocat father ever tell  you not to piss off other people when you don't  have too?

Edited by comtedumas
  • Funny 1

Members
102 posts
681 battles
5 hours ago, comtedumas said:

Didn't your aristocat father ever tell  you not to piss off other people when you don't  have too?

Found the secondary spec potato :cap_horn:

[FOXEH]
Members
1,465 posts
5,834 battles
18 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Found the secondary spec potato :cap_horn:

Nothing to add, I see.  

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,188 posts
7,732 battles
On 5/6/2019 at 6:35 PM, DolphinPrincess said:

No Survivability Expert? What an awful BB build.

On 5/6/2019 at 6:48 PM, enderland07 said:

Secondary builds are great in co-op :cap_cool:

Secondary builds are great in co-op anywhere :cap_cool: