You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
derzwerge

So, when WG are going to buff Tirpitz and Schanrhorst?

36 comments in this topic

[IRISH]
Members
75 posts
8,458 battles

Both ships are a PITA to enjoy most times. You can not even hit BB size targets with that awful dispersion. Add to that the low pen and bounces(which in reality it was way opposite). As i have seen many ppl complaining about it in matches i think its time for you to update the models. Perhaps like you did with Alaska with its great penetration.

Dont play the "get closer" card cuz with tier 9 and 10 it is way impossible. Specially if you face a yank BB and its always-penetrating nuke shells and narrow dispersion.

Cheers.

Sebastian.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,725 posts
11,076 battles

Are you nuts? Both of those ships are Amazing!

Animated GIF

As far as get closer goes... well with Tirpitz yeah get closer He can charge down and wreck all of the BB's. As far has Shiny Horse goes, no keep flanking, Unless you are fighting cruisers or DD's then yeah, you can just bully them.

• Cool 5

[IRISH]
Members
75 posts
8,458 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

Are you nuts? Both of those ships are Amazing!

Animated GIFAnimated GIF

Oh yeah? Massa seems a much fun to play BB IMO.

[INTEL]
Members
9,803 posts
27,863 battles
9 minutes ago, derzwerge said:

Both ships are a PITA to enjoy most times. You can not even hit BB size targets with that awful dispersion. Add to that the low pen and bounces(which in reality it was way opposite). As i have seen many ppl complaining about it in matches i think its time for you to update the models. Perhaps like you did with Alaska with its great penetration.

Dont play the "get closer" card cuz with tier 9 and 10 it is way impossible. Specially if you face a yank BB and its always-penetrating nuke shells and narrow dispersion.

Cheers.

Sebastian.

Those ships are fine. Tirp's been buffed a couple of times, and Scharn is excellent. 

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 3

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,725 posts
11,076 battles
Just now, derzwerge said:

Oh yeah? Massa seems a much fun to play BB IMO.

Mass is very fun as well. Nose to Nose though the Tirpitz will just wreck it. Tirpitz is ridiculous up close. 

• Bad 1

[BS]
Members
1,375 posts
7,632 battles

Lol, tirpitz is not amazing anymore. The gun dispersion is awful, the secondaries are mediocre due to power creep. She needs a reload buff if anything.

• Cool 4

Members
391 posts
6,788 battles
18 minutes ago, derzwerge said:

LOL!  Bringing the Tirpitz secondary ranges on par with the Bismarck was all that ship needed.  I loved mine from release. Troll armor, torpedoes that WILL leave a mark if they hit, decent accuracy at mid to close range.  It doesn't need a buff.  The Scharnhorst is amazing.  Decent secondary range for mid tiers, torpedoes that will also leave a mark, fast firing guns that wreck cruisers, and if aimed right, can punch holes in other BB's. Worse case scenario, switch to HE, and burn them. 

And I will play the "Get Closer" card.  If you aren't rubbing paint, in a Tirpitz, even versus Tier 9's and 10's, you are playing it wrong.  But, do not read that as suicide YOLO into them.  You just need to follow the bigger boys (if possible), until you can make your run. 

Edited by Valas1
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,725 posts
11,076 battles
10 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

Lol, tirpitz is not amazing anymore. The gun dispersion is awful, the secondaries are mediocre due to power creep. She needs a reload buff if anything.

Still is Amazing for me. Yes would like more damage from secondaries but they still are almost a perma fire to what ever you are fighting as well as a menace for any DD's. His amazing armor and torps mean you can charge down any BB that is bow tanking and backing up and just wreck them. This is truly glorious if they are hugging an island. 

I will add the caveat that a high skill commander and a correct build does make a big difference.

Members
594 posts
4,958 battles

Only thing I'd consider a possibility for Tirpitz (and Bismarck) but not Scharn is to give the 105s 1/4 HE pen akin to what FDG got a while back. I think that alone would be a significant buff to the damage output, at least when you play to the German line's strengths. Anything more would get into OP territory for sure and I'm sure some would say that what I suggest already does that, I'll admit it is possible that it would be too much, but I think it at least deserves testing. Scharn is fine as is. She's still a nearly flawless universal fighter with her only potential weakness possibly being the mid-range AA bubble. She uptiers like no other ship and can easily play as either a BB or a cruiser as the situation dictates, switching effortlessly at a moments notice, truly the Swiss army knife of WoWS.

• Cool 2

[HYDRO]
Members
2,794 posts
4,571 battles

Scharnhorst is just fine, a joy to play regardless of game mode. Tirpitz and in general high tier German BBs could use a bit of love. Something like the low cooldown of Repair Party that Mass has would be a godsend to these ships, allowing them to be more aggressive.

[HINON]
Members
10,650 posts

Haha Scharn needs no buffs as she is already literally everything.  Tirp is decent but you could argue a small buff here or there but nothing major.

[BNZAI]
Members
384 posts
4,507 battles

Scharn is one of my favorite ships, she needs no buffs even remotely but if WG wanted to buff her I certainly would not complain.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,566 posts
16,962 battles

I agree Tirpitz "can" be frustrating to play when bottom tier.  You need to choose your targets wisely, actually change ammo when needed, and use cover appropriately.

Shiney Horse though, uhhhh, I'm surprised you could have typed that with a straight face ;-)

[STP]
Beta Testers
3,193 posts
12,309 battles

Sharn is ok.

I think derpitz need a small buff on accurace.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
1,661 posts
1,067 battles
1 hour ago, derzwerge said:

Cheers.

Sebastian.

Are you trying to stay at max range and snipe with German BBs? I bet you're trying to stay at max range and snipe with German BBs.  You really shouldn't try to stay at max range and snipe with German BBs.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
857 posts
6,711 battles

Pretty sure the general consensus is high tier German BBs could use a little love. Agree with others, Scharnhorst is fine. 

[WOLFC]
Members
248 posts
3,969 battles

Maybe give Bismarck and Tirpitz a penetration buff on the 105mm secondaries, if anything.

Scharnhorst is fine.

Members
28 posts
4,961 battles

High tier German BB's could use a bit of love, but they are far from terrible. I absolutely love my Scharnhorst. Without a doubt the most fun ship in my port. It is a go to when you need a break and a good laugh. The Main guns are fine. Good accuracy, and pen. They do require good aim, and proper ammo selection or you will get a lot of bounces against higher tiered opponents. The secondaries are hilariously good for her tier and don't forget the torps to finish off the burning wrecks you leave in your wake.

[DENY]
Members
655 posts
6,901 battles

Op probably one of those player that play German BB at max range all time like a Yamato .....

• Funny 1

[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,597 posts
6,563 battles

All I'd want to see in the way of buffs for Tirpitz is some more AA, like one of her later configurations for AA suite so she's not food for CVs which is why mine will only stay in port mostly now.  Scharn is fine.

Members
185 posts
5 battles
12 hours ago, derzwerge said:

Cheers.

Sebastian.

Shiney Horse is OP, you are just noob thats all

[--V--]
Members
708 posts
11,458 battles

Had both Tirp and Scharny since they came out.  Love them both.  However, since Mass came out, I don't play Tirp very often.  The Mass is far superior with its 16" guns. 

I wouldn't cry if they buffed Tirps dispersion a bit, but it doesn't really need it.

[KP]
Members
304 posts
202 battles
14 hours ago, derzwerge said:

Cheers.

Sebastian.

I agree dude my last Tirp match I landed 63 shells for exactly 62K damage. It's pen made it a port queen.