Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

A Noobs Opinion on CVs ( Starting Randoms now ) UPDATE

21 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
298 posts

SO I have moved on to Randoms after training in thousands of Co-ops .   

So far WOW!!  The amount of credits , XP and FXP is Shocking! NICE!!

Definitely different strategy , much slower game and a lil OOPS can cost you BIGTIME!\\Cruiser behavior is kinda lame hiding waiting to rain HE..

I LOVE my Helena but I am more aggressive. Must really frustrate teams when they do that and let DDs run around freely.

I played my DD but almost got deleted after spotting a few. Had to run away so I went DD hunting.  Chased one all over the outer rim as he would not engage, so I went capping. Never got off a single Aimed Torp because I was focused every time I got into range and I don't shoot random careless torps. SO I stuck with my BB and lead him around and spotted and played body guard from that other DD

In mY BB it was different.  I feel the whole CV thing now...  Even with all the signals , camo , upgrades in AA etc a CV can REALLY take more HP out of you in ONE run or rockets that a full on Battle with another BB.  They are always way out behind an island somewhere safe and sound but can Nuke you with MULTIPLE torps ( I was shocked at how many he launched and how often.)  I was in 2 great battles with a BB and a CA at the same time ..moving ,,,sneaking, shooting a REAL great fight and I was actually winning.  Up pops the planes.. No problem I launch fighter , alert AA and Zig and Zag so  my NCs massive capabilities would save me... NOPE...  Although I shot down planes it seemed like every strike hit HARD Took more HP than a Full on broadside from a BB and there was no way to heal before the next wave.  After such a fun fight in a 2 on 1 that I was WINNING I get shot in the back.  Completely ruined the experience.  My team lost because of this. we WOULD have won.

When we had CVs in Co-op I never saw this AND you could FIND them and kill them.

I do not understand why CV drivers complain so much, seriously. If they hate them now WTH were they like before?  Launch planes go to lunch and win 2,000,000 credits and XP?

So I REALLY Like Random but now REALLY don't like the way CVs seem to have an advantage in how much damage they can deal out so fast.  I have to wait for my guns to reload, time to heal , etc but when they have 3 different weapons they can have on me in 60 seconds how is that ok?    I am tempted to get one just to farm damage myself so I can beef up my surface fleet.  That said, I wonder how well CV drivers do in surface ships.  I have played CV in a couple I won from FSW and it actually bored me, mainly because it was too easy.

RANDOM FOR THE WIN!!

UPDATE.. OMG I was just on a team that I was in front of the push.. They ALL RAN AWAY and would not fight. It was a ROUTE!!!    They all actually turned and ran and didnt even shoot back.  WTH????

Col Out.

Edited by Col_Nasty

[HINON]
Members
10,639 posts

To be fair, since you have been only in coop, your playing has not prepared you for fighting against them at all.

[GOB]
Members
298 posts
10 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

To be fair, since you have been only in coop, your playing has not prepared you for fighting against them at all.

You must have missed the part of the post that said that I have,  I got here BEFORE they were taken out of Co-op. I LOVED fighting them and I sought them out all the time.

Edited by Col_Nasty

Members
1,797 posts
9,325 battles

Once you've encountered CVs enough in random, you shouldnt have too much issue with them in BBs and Cruisers. 2 CVs can be a bit of an annoyance but still manageable in a BB/Cruiser. DDs have it the toughest, but a DD main would have to tell you how to manage it.

More experience in randoms with CVs and you should be fine. 

[SIM]
Members
3,409 posts
5,241 battles

Sigh.

Edited by SkaerKrow

[BS]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,534 posts
4,059 battles

Welcome to randoms. Your are now a tiny fish in massive pond.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts
32 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

In mY BB it was different.  I feel the whole CV thing now...  Even with all the signals , camo , upgrades in AA etc a CV can REALLY take more HP out of you in ONE run or rockets that a full on Battle with another BB. 

I have no idea how you have been playing BBs up until now, but it has been very very wrong.

[HINON]
Members
10,639 posts
38 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

You must have missed the part of the post that said that I have,  I got here BEFORE they were taken out of Co-op. I LOVED fighting them and I sought them out all the time.

Nope I saw that, but bot CVs did not prepare players for PVP CVs due to how differently they are and the rework CVs are different from those and you haven't faced any reworked bot CVs as the AI hasn't been finished yet.

[RG-1]
Beta Testers
664 posts
2,439 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

SO I have moved on to Randoms after training in thousands of Co-ops .   

So far WOW!!  The amount of credits , XP and FXP is Shocking! NICE!!

Definitely different strategy , much slower game and a lil OOPS can cost you BIGTIME!\\Cruiser behavior is kinda lame hiding waiting to rain HE..

I LOVE my Helena but I am more aggressive. Must really frustrate teams when they do that and let DDs run around freely.

I played my DD but almost got deleted after spotting a few. Had to run away so I went DD hunting.  Chased one all over the outer rim as he would not engage, so I went capping. Never got off a single Aimed Torp because I was focused every time I got into range and I don't shoot random careless torps. SO I stuck with my BB and lead him around and spotted and played body guard from that other DD

In mY BB it was different.  I feel the whole CV thing now...  Even with all the signals , camo , upgrades in AA etc a CV can REALLY take more HP out of you in ONE run or rockets that a full on Battle with another BB.  They are always way out behind an island somewhere safe and sound but can Nuke you with MULTIPLE torps ( I was shocked at how many he launched and how often.)  I was in 2 great battles with a BB and a CA at the same time ..moving ,,,sneaking, shooting a REAL great fight and I was actually winning.  Up pops the planes.. No problem I launch fighter , alert AA and Zig and Zag so  my NCs massive capabilities would save me... NOPE...  Although I shot down planes it seemed like every strike hit HARD Took more HP than a Full on broadside from a BB and there was no way to heal before the next wave.  After such a fun fight in a 2 on 1 that I was WINNING I get shot in the back.  Completely ruined the experience.  My team lost because of this. we WOULD have won.

When we had CVs in Co-op I never saw this AND you could FIND them and kill them.

I do not understand why CV drivers complain so much, seriously. If they hate them now WTH were they like before?  Launch planes go to lunch and win 2,000,000 credits and XP?

So I REALLY Like Random but now REALLY don't like the way CVs seem to have an advantage in how much damage they can deal out so fast.  I have to wait for my guns to reload, time to heal , etc but when they have 3 different weapons they can have on me in 60 seconds how is that ok?    I am tempted to get one just to farm damage myself so I can beef up my surface fleet.  That said, I wonder how well CV drivers do in surface ships.  I have played CV in a couple I won from FSW and it actually bored me, mainly because it was too easy.

RANDOM FOR THE WIN!!

Col Out.

You did play CVs on coop, how was it? Did you manage to get tons of damage?

Spoiler

I know you didn't

If you were bottom tier you'll probably suffer a little bit from CVs but I assure you that it's completely impossible for a CV of the same tier to completely erase you from the game...and it takes time to even be able to get near that.

Look, I main CVs, and whenever a see those complaints I have an idea of what's happening, you weren't prepared to face off against CVs, after learning to dodge, predict and mitigate planes damage you'll start seeing how little damage those planes do, in higher tiers you'll even notice that there are players that won't even bother dodging certain planes because the damage they do is mediocre or if he tries to dodge he gets punished by the enemy.

[GOB]
Members
298 posts
35 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I have no idea how you have been playing BBs up until now, but it has been very very wrong.

Yeah?  Wrong according to whom?  You?  Man the smugness here sometimes can be over the top hilarious.  I see you guys posting about people FAILING their way to where you are but they all seems like whines to me.  I must be doing something right because I have my T9 BB and I earned it right??  Just WOW!  The nerve.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,723 posts
11,074 battles

First grats on the jump to randoms! Second you need to unlock and play some CV's. Very important to play both sides of this rework to truly understand it. 

Cheers.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts
43 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Yeah?  Wrong according to whom?  You?  Man the smugness here sometimes can be over the top hilarious.  I see you guys posting about people FAILING their way to where you are but they all seems like whines to me.  I must be doing something right because I have my T9 BB and I earned it right??  Just WOW!  The nerve.

As a general rule, if you are getting more damage taken in one rocket attack than you got in a complete brawl with another in BB, something is wrong.  Rockets do not hit that hard in comparison to close range BB salvos.

Unless of course you are exaggerating.

In addition, while yes a CV may launch numerous torpedoes at you, I ask that you actually look at the damage per torp from a CV vs a DD.  The damage done are VASTLY different. It is often the case that a single torp's damage from a DD is about equal to a full salvo of torps from a CV.  The DD is also invisible to you, which is completely different than coop where the bots launch torps at you at point blank range.

[FML]
Members
2,452 posts
11,848 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Nasty said:

s they can have on me in 60 seconds how is that ok?    I am tempted to get one just to farm damage myself so I can beef up my surface fleet

I would encourage you to play carriers. They are not as easy as they look. 

Beta Testers
288 posts
3,709 battles
2 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I would encourage you to play carriers. They are not as easy as they look. 

No, they're not (I totally suck at them) and TBH that's the issue with CV's.

A bad player like myself in a Top Tier CV is useless, a good player is an asset, and a unicum makes their team practically unbeatable.

IMO there aren''t any other ship types that have the same effect for the player skill.  

[WOLF6]
Members
655 posts
6,063 battles
32 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Dude , you're wasting your time . CV drivers act like you should take your beating and enjoy it . They tell you to blob up , lemming train , yada, yada . Tons of fun huh . Yeah for them while they hide in the back and farm you and tell you if you're not having fun it's your fault or just leave the game . Well now you know why they are called sky cancer .

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts
2 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

A bad player like myself in a Top Tier CV is useless, a good player is an asset, and a unicum makes their team practically unbeatable.

IMO there aren''t any other ship types that have the same effect for the player skill.  

Your stats show that you have not played a single game in any of the new CVs since the rework.  I really don't care, but I am not sure on what experience you base your advice.

Beta Testers
288 posts
3,709 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Your stats show that you have not played a single game in any of the new CVs since the rework.

No I haven't (not sure how that's relevant?) I was terrible at them when I tried them, I assume I still would be.

But again, there aren't any other ships with the same game impact in the hands of a skilled player.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts
8 minutes ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

No I haven't (not sure how that's relevant?) I was terrible at them when I tried them, I assume I still would be.

But again, there aren't any other ships with the same game impact in the hands of a skilled player.

I just don't personally put much weight in advice given about them, from someone who hasn't actually played them.

FYI, they are completely different now, you might (or might not) now like them.  One thing you might change your mind about (or not), from playing them now, is that they don't have nearly the impact on the game overall, that they used to.

The complaints have shifted from CVs decide who wins and loses, to CVs are single target persistent and annoying.

Beta Testers
288 posts
3,709 battles
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I just don't personally put much weight in advice given about them, from someone who hasn't actually played them.

FYI, they are completely different now, you might (or might not) now like them.  One thing you might change your mind about (or not), from playing them now, is that they don't have nearly the impact on the game overall, that they used to.

Having been on the receiving end of them from pre and post rework, .I'm not sure I agree.  

I understand both sides of the debate, but I'd much rather have a team with terrible players in any other ship rather than the CV.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts
1 minute ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

Having been on the receiving end of them from pre and post rework, .I'm not sure I agree.  

I understand both sides of the debate, but I'd much rather have a team with terrible players in any other ship rather than the CV.

Fair enough, we each a free to have our own opinions.  As a CV player of both iterations of the class, I feel that a good DD player is now more valuable.

[FML]
Members
2,452 posts
11,848 battles
1 hour ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

Carriers arent as massively dominant as before as fore as their alpha is down and so is their spotting  the other 11 ships didn’t even matter  it was pretty bad before the rework.

1 hour ago, Canadian_Reaper said:

You should see me in a Leander!

Sign in to follow this