Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_Ice_Cream_Man_

Proposal to decrease camping and improve game with bb

73 comments in this topic

Members
23 posts
3,080 battles

I am suggesting WG decrease the BB main battery ranges by 30 percent, as well decrease xp proportionally up to 33 percent if the BB is camping in back from 70-100 percent of their main battery range.

It will reward players who play bb  that push up with group and not reward those bb players that sit in back all game not helping the team to win.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
10,708 posts

No, why should my accurate long strikes be punished just because some people camp all match? Long term campers already get less xp because they camp so much and deal less damage do to inaccurate fire.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
4,764 posts
1 hour ago, The_Ice_Cream_Man_ said:

I am suggesting WG decrease the BB main battery ranges by 30 percent, as well decrease xp proportionally up to 33 percent if the BB is camping in back from 70-100 percent of their main battery range.

It will reward players who play bb  that push up with group and not reward those bb players that sit in back all game not helping the team to win.

You mean bring them into range of the people they are shooting at? Ummmm no!

If this happens, it would undoubtedly ruin their 'fun and engaging game play'. On a more serious note WG cannot afford to mess with the forgiving play the BB ship type has; it brings most people to the game, is played by most and brings in the most revenue - it cannot and will not happen. 

Edit: Just a question to those giving down votes - why? Is anything I have stated untrue - or is it that it's true and it is uncomfortable to hear?

Be honest. 

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF7]
Members
768 posts
3,732 battles
13 minutes ago, The_Ice_Cream_Man_ said:

It will reward players who play bb that push up with group and not reward those bb players that sit in back all game not helping the team to win.

Great concept OP but unfortunately it will never happen.  They couldn't really just do BB range without doing all ships range adjustments as well but overall you're on the right track.  They should take all ships and make the dispersion at 15km + god awful so if they want to camp that's fine...they wont hit anything. Edit:  but that will never happen either.  WG loves their potatoes and their campy BB gameplay. 

Edited by T_O_dubl_D
  • Cool 1

Members
28 posts
4,975 battles
1 minute ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

Great concept OP but unfortunately it will never happen.  They couldn't really just do BB range without doing all ships range adjustments as well but overall you're on the right track.  They should take all ships and make the dispersion at 15km + god awful so if they want to camp that's fine...they wont hit anything. 

This is probably one of the better ideas I have seen to help break the camping meta that is becoming so prevalent. These matches when 1/3 of the team or more do nothing but sit behind islands are getting boring. Map design plays a role in the problem too. Many of the maps in the current rotation look like they could have been copy and pasted from old WOT maps. Too many narrow choke points and islands custom made for HE spammers to safely anchor behind while they spew flaming shells of death at other ships. The stagnant game play is what brought me here from WOT in the first place. Now it seems to be happening here too. Ironically I think some of the most fun and entertaining battles I have had lately are at tier 3 or 4. The ships seem to be well balanced, and the game play is more dynamic. Even the CV's at Tier 4 seem to mix well with the other ship types.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,771 posts
11,127 battles
40 minutes ago, The_Ice_Cream_Man_ said:

Hmmm... No thanks.

[GOB]
Members
332 posts

Next we can make them go 45 knots so they can cap , then give them 65 knot Torps and SMOKE yeah SMOKE.....wait we already have those they are called DDS.  Just because the ones who actually play BBs they right way and Sit you from beyond your range to hit back it's no excuse to nerf them because a few bad players.  BBs have it tough too,  Massive targets fro CVs and Hundreds of ridiculously fast torps.. they move like Honey on a cold day too?  Yeah let's make them big dumb , slow AND weak so they all will play your way.   ( Disclaimer , I play DD CA AND BB and I wouldn't change anything about any one of them...ADAPT

• Boring 1

Members
23 posts
3,080 battles

I further propose BB that sit in back and shoot from 70-100 percent of their firing range in addition to the  base xp and modified xp  penalty , they will get proportionally up to 33 percent reduction in damage if they are sitting constantly in back not pushing up or suppport team in helping to win.

[SPTR]
Members
2,498 posts
2,295 battles

either you yolo too much or you play ships that have some pretty short range.

while i have been guilty as the camper in my CLs you just need to adapt

hopefully WG releases some new maps that have limited cover

Members
23 posts
3,080 battles

This way WG rewards the BB players that know how to play the game, while guiding the BB players that are noobs, that if they sit way back all game and do not help the team win, there is a penalty in base xp as well as modified xp, as well as damage.

It will promote a more dynamic skilled bb play, rather than a potatoe camping at tier 4, becoming a potatoe camping at tier 10 in a bb sitting on the J and A lines all game.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,461 posts
3,895 battles
54 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

No, why should my accurate long strikes be punished just because some people camp all match? Long term campers already get less xp because they camp so much and deal less damage do to inaccurate fire.

Because your insistence on camping in the back, not supporting your team or doing the job that your HP and armor is meant for is creating a crappy experience for everyone else.

You're literally the paladin that sits at max range doing Shield Toss while expecting the dragoon and ninja to take all the damage.

On Topic: I say that at the 5, 10, and 15 minute marks, the borders should shrink towards the center by a sector. Any ships caught in the disabled sectors starts taking damage until they are stuck at 1/4th max health or so. The storm wouldn't sink them, but it'd seriously damage them if they continue to camp in it and make them easy pickings for the enemy. I would also implement a debuff to ships caught in it, "Rough Seas", which seriously penalizes main battery accuracy, torpedo reload, and plane cycling. This, of course, is only in effect when inside the storm zone and would go away upon leaving it.

Call it a Typhoon, and rename the current weather mechanic Squall like it should've been from the beginning.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,016 battles
48 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

Great concept OP but unfortunately it will never happen.  They couldn't really just do BB range without doing all ships range adjustments as well but overall you're on the right track.  They should take all ships and make the dispersion at 15km + god awful so if they want to camp that's fine...they wont hit anything. Edit:  but that will never happen either.  WG loves their potatoes and their campy BB gameplay. 

This would NOT make the game better.  This is nothing more than an idea by someone who loves brawling to force people who do NOT love brawling to play the way the brawling lovers play!  In fact, it'd be a giant "bleep you" to a large portion of the player base!!!

Members
6,907 posts
3,103 battles
Just now, Crucis said:

This would NOT make the game better.  This is nothing more than an idea by someone who loves brawling to force people who do NOT love brawling to play the way the brawling lovers play!  In fact, it'd be a giant "bleep you" to a large portion of the player base!!!

But if they want to sit back and snipe safely, why not just play carrier? It's not as difficult as it was before

[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,016 battles
5 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Because your insistence on camping in the back, not supporting your team or doing the job that your HP and armor is meant for is creating a crappy experience for everyone else.

You're literally the paladin that sits at max range doing Shield Toss while expecting the dragoon and ninja to take all the damage.

On Topic: I say that at the 5, 10, and 15 minute marks, the borders should shrink towards the center by a sector. Any ships caught in the disabled sectors starts taking damage.

Call it a Typhoon, and rename the current weather mechanic Squall like it should've been from the beginning.

This is 100% pure, unadulterated male bovine fecal matter!!!  It's attitudes like yours that make the game a crappy experience for other players!!!

[WOLF7]
Members
768 posts
3,732 battles
2 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

tenor.gif

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,016 battles
1 minute ago, 10T0nHammer said:

But if they want to sit back and snipe safely, why not just play carrier? It's not as difficult as it was before

Why don't you play your own ship and mind your own business?  Mind you, I don't like seeing truly max range snipers who are clueless, but I'll be damned if I'm going to sit back and listen to some obnoxious twits trying to tell me how to play my own BB, particularly when I'm in a BB that's a sniping BB rather than a secondary build, brawling BB.

Beta Testers
26 posts
7,388 battles

Its not just a BB problem that sit at max range and fire away. The HE spamming US CLs do the same thing from behind and island. DDs do it by firing torps from stealth ranges. CVs do it by leaving the ship at the back and flying in to attack. Its how naval ship fight. Fire at what comes into range, first one to get damage dealt gets the advantage. And players will always try to play from a place for safety. 

There is a reason why WG has chosen to make all but 1 map a huge mass of islands for players to hide behind.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,461 posts
3,895 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

This is 100% pure, unadulterated male bovine fecal matter!!!  It's attitudes like yours that make the game a crappy experience for other players!!!

For someone who says he doesn't long-range camp, you sure say a lot of things in support of long-range camping.

[S_C_N]
Beta Testers
237 posts
1,334 battles
8 minutes ago, crazycarey said:

Its not just a BB problem that sit at max range and fire away. The HE spamming US CLs do the same thing from behind and island. DDs do it by firing torps from stealth ranges. CVs do it by leaving the ship at the back and flying in to attack. Its how naval ship fight. Fire at what comes into range, first one to get damage dealt gets the advantage. And players will always try to play from a place for safety. 

There is a reason why WG has chosen to make all but 1 map a huge mass of islands for players to hide behind.

Well, that and planes. With aerial spotting and spanking as it is, closing in too early is a good way for a quick trip back to port.

[WOLF7]
Members
768 posts
3,732 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I do love brawling.  I do not love doing it alone.  I love pushing into the reds and getting them on the run and keeping then running...unfortunately for me most of the time my BBs have dropped anchor and I end up pushing alone or with other cruisers.  If you turn their main batteries into shotguns after 15km they might change their mind and keep up and realize that the battle moves as the game progresses.

[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,016 battles
1 minute ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

I do love brawling.  I do not love doing it alone.  I love pushing into the reds and getting them on the run and keeping then running...unfortunately for me most of the time my BBs have dropped anchor and I end up pushing alone or with other cruisers.  If you turn their main batteries into shotguns after 15km they might change their mind and keep up and realize that the battle moves as the game progresses.

Exactly my point!!!    You like brawling and you want to force everyone else to do it with you. Play your own damned ship and mind your own damned business (mostly) about how other play their own ships.

Members
6,907 posts
3,103 battles
11 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Why don't you play your own ship and mind your own business?  Mind you, I don't like seeing truly max range snipers who are clueless, but I'll be damned if I'm going to sit back and listen to some obnoxious twits trying to tell me how to play my own BB, particularly when I'm in a BB that's a sniping BB rather than a secondary build, brawling BB.

Mind my own business? Do you realize how silly that sounds when posting on a public forum. In fact, your overall hostility towards other users is very telling.

Maybe it's time to join co-op if you don't want to support your team? I hear it's much easier

[OO7]
Members
4,298 posts
10,967 battles

TIL staying semi safe, staying alive and putting out damage is bad. 

Yoloing forward and dying is good. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
768 posts
3,732 battles
11 minutes ago, Crucis said:

This reminds of a guy yesterday.  Me(Henri) + Zao + Mino pushed and won a fight on 2 Brothers against a Musashi and a Montana and a  DD.  All reds dead.  Our Mino died, me and Zao were beat up.

OUR MONTANA HID behind that little sliver of islands the whole time. 

I quote Monty: "Musashi can [edited] a Montana.  You gotta play smart when playing a US BB." 

He had 92,000 hp left when the battle was over, bottom of the scoreboard.  

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
20,165 posts
20,016 battles
10 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

For someone who says he doesn't long-range camp, you sure say a lot of things in support of long-range camping.

Clearly, subtlety of thought isn't your forte.

I don't like brawling.  And I don't like other people trying to force me to brawl because THEY like brawling.  I want to control the ranges at which I engage the enemy when I'm playing BBs based on the specifics of my own BB and those of the enemy ship.  If I'm in an IJN BB that's better suited to sniping, I'll be damned if I'm going to charge into brawling range of a secondary build German BB just because a bunch of know-nothings want to force me to play the way THEY like to play.

If you're in a German BB with a secondary gun range of 10km, and I'm in a non secondary build BB with reasonably good accuracy, I'd rather sit out at around 12-15 km and take advantage of my better main gun accuracy and deny the German sec build BB the use of his secondaries.  Play to you your own ship's strengths and NOT to the strengths of the enemy's ship!!!

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this