56 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,269 posts
7,147 battles

Ahoy Fleet!

Please provide feedback on the following items on this session of Public Test session 0.8.4!

• Victory competition
  • Admiral Kuznetsov
  • CV changes
  • Dynamic port weather
  • Ranked battles
  • New maps

If you have any reports of bugs or strange happenings, please report them here!

#anchorsaweigh

[FLTF2]
Members
122 posts
3,901 battles

About the Hakuryu changes, they definitely fixed the aiming issues with the quad torps. Well done on that! However they are still extremely squishy and the long range torping strategy just doesn't work well and you would hit more with the double torps. The planes tend to die rather easily, when returning and when attacking. To fix this, perhaps give them back a little bit of the F spam thing and make the planes require a lot less height to escape AA, but exclusively for Hakuryu torpedo planes only, no other CVs. Just a nice buff to survivability is all that is needed for Hakuryu torpedo bombers. Or if they want to keep the long range torping strategy, then a nice increase in torpedo speed and flood chance would be sufficient.

Edited by WizardFerret

[RCN]
Members
65 posts
11,481 battles
On 5/6/2019 at 3:37 PM, Gneisenau013 said:

Ahoy Fleet!

Please provide feedback on the following items on this session of Public Test session 0.8.4!

• Victory competition
  • Admiral Kuznetsov
  • CV changes
  • Dynamic port weather
  • Ranked battles
  • New maps

Victory s Blah. Just the same as Eagles and Sharks with Soviet propaganda,

Greece Map is pretty, 

Didnt notice weather in port.

No one on to play ranked battles 

Admiral Kuznetsov is?????

CV changes are not apparant, CV still dominate the game. I call [edited] on WG. Your CV rework is just bothersome.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,068 posts
14,116 battles

CV launch delay is not an issue, but does not accomplish much either. Ships don't actually move very far in 45 seconds.

Midway dive bomber drop pattern change feels okay, but will take some getting used to.

Plane speed nerf makes planes feel sluggish and unresponsive across the board. The loss of turn rate while braking is particularly noticeable. This may be an improvement for balance, but it is uncomfortable.

Rocket planes are hit especially hard by the nerf, because they can no longer brake enough to reliably shoot DDs. Good players will have marginal success because they will be able to guess well enough to line up an attack in advance. Normal and below average players will be unable to attack destroyers.

Hard to judge whether there will be plane survivability issues in a 12v12 or 7v7 match because PTS games keep spawning underpopulated.

Because of reduced maneuverability and speed, squadrons are much less likely to make multiple passes. If multiple passes are impractical, it will increase the emphasis on players using unintended tactics such as "cold dropping" and "slingshot approaches" to make attack runs with minimal risk and losses.

Edited by Edgecase

Members
148 posts
6,954 battles

Having CV on the map still a joke, but two of them is pure disgust for anyone who plays with some ships 

With Conqueror or JK I can fight against 3 ships (of my tier) for long time, but is just a target for CV for 2 min or less, and full AA build not help in anything

One pass of torps squadron can take 30% from the Conqueror

CV players still the only one having fun, because ship player dont have any fun with CV around as he cannot do anything against

• Cool 1

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,480 posts
8,156 battles

Midway dive bomber change only increases the RNG and frustration. Still very much possible to blow up DDs. Takes no skill, just luck, like before. Not fun for the DD or the CV. My suggestion would be to make both types of DB more consistant but make their travel time similar to how RN CV level bombers are now so fast targets can evade and it actually matters. Currently, it doesn't all that much really. 

Launch delay is an OK change, and the Hakuryu 4 drop fixes are awesome, brought back some of the 0.8.0 style of Hakuryu gameplay that was more engaging and was missed. More like this please. 

One issue I still have is with AA. Getting into the mid range of AA of some BBs like the Yamato is impossible without maneuvering and using speed boost unless you're fine with losing a ton of planes, but this is also the range at which you drop torpedoes. I feel like the 4 drop hakuryu should be able to fly through this AA while striking like the 2 drop can. Otherwise a Hakuryu gets deplaned while trying to take down a single solitary Yamato, which is silly. 

I think the 4 drop addition and HE DB nerf has put Midway in a bad place and Hakuryu at the top again. Before this the Hakuryu and Midway were roughly equal with the Midway being all around good and the Hakuryu more situational but that changed when Midway's abiltity to deal with DDs was nerfed and Hakuryu's power against BBs was buffed. Maybe it's time to finally buff Midway torpedoes? At least increase their speed so that it would be possible to land most of them on a BB that has a rudder, as they are not effective at all thanks to their low damage and how easy it is to dodge most of them. 

• Cool 1

[-WTP-]
Members
1,141 posts
2,148 battles

AA is what needs worked on.  Killing plane speed to keep them in the broken AA longer doesn't change broken AA.  DDs shouldn't be immune from attack --- on public servers its easy enough to dodge CV attacks.  All attacks are able to be dodged as it is, now you're giving immunity to those who already can dodge 9/10 attacks.  It shouldn't take 4 minutes of relentless attacks to take 30% life off of any ship.   Detonation risk is still there.  This is bringing back the skill gap to CVs.  Bad players still get punished and good players aren't much affected. 
AA IS STILL BROKEN -- IT'S THE ONLY ITEM IN NEED OF WORK -- FIX IT.

[AFW]
Beta Testers
1,703 posts
17,063 battles

Who the hell is going to play ranked from 18 to 1, 2 stars each. not worth my time there when I can be grinding my own ships especially while 200% xp! See Ya!

[WOLFC]
Members
1,150 posts
8,755 battles

Just noticed the "Premium Shop" selection block has been removed.  Nice ... I've never used or would use this to access the shop.

Now, if we could return the "Containers" block to the smaller size it was in 0.8.2, that would also reduce screen clutter.  Showing remaining XP is redundant.

I'll also request again that we return to 1 standard Commander's Info Block that always shows Ship XP ... versus 3 different screen-dependent ones .  

blocks.jpg

[TNG-3]
Members
23 posts
9,554 battles

The CV changes... The undocumented nerf on the attack activation is brutal (or thats a bug?), the bombs become much more random but, half of it can be due to the activation delay, also, why changes to the Ap bombs since no ones uses it on the DDs, or even it uses it deal almost nothing?

Plane speed nerf is brutal and the delayed launch is pointless, just annoys the CV player and dont give enough time to the team deploys, it needs at least 2 minutes to be effective, but who will play CV with this nerf?

Hakuryuu quad torps become usable again, finally a change that rewards good players instead of global nerf.

• Cool 1

[FLTF2]
Members
122 posts
3,901 battles
On 5/9/2019 at 4:15 PM, LickMyPoi said:

[hidden]

Yeah, it was nice Midway has reliable ways to deal with DDs. Though I don't like the Anti-DD direction of CVs and would rather have them be good at nuking battleships and large cruisers, like what old Hakuryu was good at (Rework before the hotfixes). In fact, why not take away Hakuryu rockets for even better torpedo bombers?

• Cool 1

[FLTF2]
Members
122 posts
3,901 battles
3 hours ago, fioda said:

The CV changes... The undocumented nerf on the attack activation is brutal (or thats a bug?), the bombs become much more random but, half of it can be due to the activation delay, also, why changes to the Ap bombs since no ones uses it on the DDs, or even it uses it deal almost nothing?

Plane speed nerf is brutal and the delayed launch is pointless, just annoys the CV player and dont give enough time to the team deploys, it needs at least 2 minutes to be effective, but who will play CV with this nerf?

Hakuryuu quad torps become usable again, finally a change that rewards good players instead of global nerf.

The Hakuryu quad torps still need work in my opinion, but they definitely took a step in the right direction finally for them. 

They could choose to either increase the torpedo speed and flood chance to make the long range torping more effective, or give them some better AA immunity heights for returning strikes to make going closer for torpedo runs less punishing and more rewarding.

Members
2 posts
8,453 battles
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:26 PM, WizardFerret said:

About the Hakuryu changes, they definitely fixed the aiming issues with the quad torps. Well done on that! However they are still extremely squishy and the long range torping strategy just doesn't work well and you would hit more with the double torps. The planes tend to die rather easily, when returning and when attacking. To fix this, perhaps give them back a little bit of the F spam thing and make the planes require a lot less height to escape AA, but exclusively for Hakuryu torpedo planes only, no other CVs. Just a nice buff to survivability is all that is needed for Hakuryu torpedo bombers. Or if they want to keep the long range torping strategy, then a nice increase in torpedo speed and flood chance would be sufficient.

Agree with the intent on the quad torps for Hakuryu, nice change but they appear to flow lower and perhaps that's why they eat so much more AA damage. Played several games trying to make them work, didn't find any consistent success. The combination of slower speed + longer range made getting hits very difficult.

Oh and noticed that Attack Planes are flying with their gear down. 

Liked the changes to Epicenter, being able to cap sections independent of one another. Made for some interesting matches.

[FLTF2]
Members
122 posts
3,901 battles
12 hours ago, WhiskyTangoFoxtrot_3 said:

Agree with the intent on the quad torps for Hakuryu, nice change but they appear to flow lower and perhaps that's why they eat so much more AA damage. Played several games trying to make them work, didn't find any consistent success. The combination of slower speed + longer range made getting hits very difficult.

Oh and noticed that Attack Planes are flying with their gear down. 

Liked the changes to Epicenter, being able to cap sections independent of one another. Made for some interesting matches.

The direction they should go with Hakuryu torpedoes is just get rid of the alternative module altogether and make the torpedoes some combination of the 2 drop and 4 drop now. Maybe one that drops 3 or 4 torpedoes with the same aiming as the new quad torps and the AA damage reductions that the 2 drop has. And instead give the Hakuryu alternative rockets or bombs, perhaps an HE bomb module or a bigger rocket like the Tiny Tims.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,068 posts
14,116 battles

Nerf to CV speed is causing them to take too much damage from high-AA ships including Neptune, Worcester, and Minotaur. The amount of damage inflicted are now excessive due to the longer time planes are required to spend in their auras (from their lower speed). Overall, the speed nerf is making other ships' AA appropriate. Please bring these outliers back in line.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NVRDY]
[NVRDY]
Members
34 posts
12,501 battles

I can not comment on Tier 10 CV's as I have not played them in the Test Server. But as to the the Tier 8 CV's with so much Tier 10 MM in the Game and in the Test Server it is worse for the tier 8 CV now as the nerf's keep the aircraft in the AA longer and get decimated against Tier 10 AA and this will apply to tier 4-6 CV's as well. The HE dive bomb nerf also has a affect of lowering attack accuracy on CA's and BB's which cause less alfa atack and less fires. for tier 8 CV's the load time of Aircraft of 30 seconds is nothing and does not help the other team get into any position.

My thoughts are this hurts the cv way to much and would be better to not being able to spot the DD's and only able to see and strike  already spotted DD's but then CV's should also be immune to torpedos.

Edited: For the sake of not nerfing CV's into the ground like WG did to the YY, I would be happy if as a CV that I could not spot dd's (0.1)km and only able to do damage to dd's if spotted by my team mate but be invulnerable to dd's torps.

Edited by FryeGuy_07
information

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,142 posts
4,934 battles

Well I've already found a bug, the Seafires' landing gear don't retract.

[WNY69]
[WNY69]
Members
1 post
1,245 battles

I guess I'm just ready to give up on the game. I must really suck at this. I've been playing for almost two months. I can't BUY a win in the public test, 2-15. I think it's time to just quit. 

• Cool 1

[D-G-F]
Members
12 posts
3,853 battles

So i have been Playing this Game for 3 to 5 months and i will say it has gone from worse to worse to worse every re work seems to be accomidating someone from getting there *** Handed to them in a match so maybe we should just hand out participation medals so everyone feels good about losing ...I will say my primary Area of Play was a Cv and DD both are powerfull...the only thing that needed changing to begin with was that the dds had to stay closer to the fleet to run under the umbrella of AA Fire the Matchmaking needs to account for that when setting teams and it entices dds to do there jobs and play with the team...Seriously the fun of the cv was the ability to fly across the map and assist Your team. Now that i play a bb i understand there frustration but im not sure its because OP planes i take a tier 10 kurhurfurst against a cv a dd the entire match i the cv and dd were fighting me because i decided to test out the hunting abilitys of tier 10 bb against a cv lol i was even shot from long range by other boats obviously not very effectively... The Fix should be this You should Make one Cv AI one Cv Human if there are going to be 2 in a match that way the Ai CV wont team up on the Same ship unless its in the Cap Players Should get a consumable that Calls in Air Support from the AI CV  the consumable should be two different types one should be an attack against AIRCRAFT one SHould ask the  AI CV to Attack a player killing them also i think its safe to say a smoke screen from planes would be cool and easily done in real life so why not give planes Smoke screens and make them slow down for 30 seconds to deploy smoke over an entire square :) with a small amount of time obviously no one wants to be blind alot just make it to allow people dying to catch there breath and regroup all i know is after the first rework as a cv from the old style is when i started playing and i could hit anything with all 3 planes now you moved the sights out so i can barely see it . so yeah if im am 12 and have good sight maybe i could use it then cut down turning which i agree that does help save a dd by far but a dd is able to stay in the confines of other AA Support and i was shredded as a tier 4 cv so i didnt really see the problem with a fleet sailing together as a fleet. and i have spent two minutes looking for a dd that is coming to attack me so now they are more likely to kill the cv so now they are ninja torpedo assassins so i say and i laughed at you when you did that cause i can kill a dd with bombers anyway now your taking that away...and your always going to have the fact like today in the PT server i got to where i was ready to fight went to use my torps at a target from 4km and guess what still had 40 seconds of reloading to do from one of your dumb nurf JOBS So go ahead break the game im allready sorry i spent so much $ to help you make it better and i agree that since dds are almost undetectible that cv should be equipped with an 6km Radar permanently also playing a cv seemed pointless i dropped fighters out of my one or 2 that were not shredded and got to attack one ship with good aa after it was almost 3/4 dead wasi i able to survive

Edited by telescopedepth

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,200 battles

My only feedback from the PTS is about the "Greece" map. It is fine I guess, just absolutely tired of spawning so close to freaking rocks. Not sure why the map makers at Wargaming like putting rocks where people spawn, kind of stupid as it restricts movement at the very beginning of the game. I get that many players like having silly little rocks to hide behind because they are unable to play their ships in open water, but putting them in spawn is absurd. Maybe we need an option for players to spawn on the back map edge and can pick where we want to go at the beginning of the game instead of spending the first few minutes of a match maneuvering around rocks or being forced to go a direction we may not want to go. Reminds me of the map "Neighbors" where as a carrier, you sometimes spawn in between those two islands so you spend most of the match, backing up and moving forward to free yourself. Having so many rocks in the game is stupid, putting rocks where people spawn is just doubling down on stupid. Git Gud Wargaming, git gud. 

[-TNG-]
Members
8 posts
1,812 battles

Dear Devs CV Delay launch system has not fixed the problem though it worked as band aid on issue and I heartfully present my thanks for that
The map Greece is pretty
thought there is a new map I never saw before its Riposte Idk abt that
now to the elephant in room CVs in ranked no no very bad idea so there so less players in ranked battles that CV can wreck everyone 1 by 1   

• Cool 1

[CRS]
[CRS]
Members
5 posts
2,192 battles

I am having a great time playing the public test

I enjoy the new CV time gives me time to get the ship where I would like it

ranked battles are Are slow to get started it seems to be pretty fun

haven’t had a chance to play with the new  admiral 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
4,893 posts
On 5/6/2019 at 3:37 PM, Gneisenau013 said:

Ahoy Fleet!

• Victory competition
  • Admiral Kuznetsov
  • CV changes
  • Dynamic port weather
  • Ranked battles
  • New maps

If you have any reports of bugs or strange happenings, please report them here!

#anchorsaweigh

Several people have asserted that 0.8.4 will "feature" the return of bot CVs to Co-op.

So far the only battles I've been in with player CVs have still had an opposing bot BB instead of an opposing bot CV.

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,200 battles
12 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Several people have asserted that 0.8.4 will "feature" the return of bot CVs to Co-op.

So far the only battles I've been in with player CVs have still had an opposing bot BB instead of an opposing bot CV.

I forgot about that. Yes that was my experience too and I played CVs on the PTS. No bot carrier, only BBs. Thanks for that reminder Killjoy! 

• Cool 1

[GLF]
Members
1 post

Planes are too slow and you suffer too many losses in the AA bubbles as planes linger to long in AA to start their return. Speed was really the only way to negate this and now they just die way too quickly. Perhaps an immunity period or lowering the escape ceiling for the planes would make it better. Overall AA just does too much damage to planes and now they take even more. CV's are not fun to play when you lose planes way too quickly. Also premium CV's feel extremely under powered now when they are in a Tier 10 match up being the only CV.

Edit: A good fix would be to properly show players the armor stat and the percentages it gives to the planes considering we have a skill that buffs this invisible stat. Maybe giving planes a buff to this like torpedo protection would help mitigate the damage from staying over target for too long.

Edited by Schorcher98
Additional feedback from observations
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1