Gneisenau013

Public Test - 0.8.4 - Bugs Report

74 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,259 posts
7,140 battles

Ahoy Fleet!

The 0.8.4 Public Test is now starting, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check out Wacko's little guide on how to report a bug here: 

Spoiler

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues, within section where bugs are asked for, or to create a post within this sub-forum.

Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

I do ask that you please provide any and all information that you can when reporting an issue. 

Something that I have noticed that really helps in tracking this sort of thing is if you fill out the following information: 

Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.
How to Replicate: Give us examples on
 how to reproduce this bug.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
Historical Inaccuracies
Issues related to your installed mods. - Remove your mods, if you gave any, and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit.
We reserve the right to add to this list :trollface :

Forgot to mention, Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

For each report please attach the python.log file from your Public Test client. That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

If possible, it would be perfect if you could attach our Special Public Test version WGCheck tool report ( you can find the tool attached to this message). 

You can find the instructions on how to use that tool here(instructions are given for the live server, however, they will be identical to Public test)

Spoiler

Below I have included a download link to our WG Check tool. This diagnostic tool can be used for World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes.

This tool can be used as a way to run a diagnostic check on your game client, check to see if you're missing any game files (it will try and repair them if possible), and to gather necessary information our support team might need to address any tech/bug related issues. 

Once you have downloaded it, open the zip file and run the WGCheck.exe. After it has launched, please select the World of Warships icon and locate its directory. The default location is **C:\Games\World_of_Warships**

- Check the box labeled, *Add game client to the firewall exceptions*.

- Check the box labeled, *Extended network diagnostics*.

- Start the integrity check by selecting the orange *Start Diagnostics* button.

Be patient, it will take some time to finish.

In many instances, this should repair or at the very least diagnose what issue you may be having. 

If it doesn't resolve your issue, then I would like to ask that you please submit a support ticket to our CS team and please send us the WGCheck log that generates after the program has completed its check.

If the file size is too large for the support system, you may have to place it within a .zip file.

Lastly, if you have any mods installed on your PC, please remove them and run the check tool again (check your game client as well to see if removing the mod helped) before sending your info to us here in support. 

WGCheckQA_EN.zip

If you have feedback related items, you can leave them here.

#anchorsaweigh

[DJC]
Members
21 posts
3,261 battles

So far so good, Greece map is great, thank you.  Well, bugs or not bugs, it depends,  Armory welcome is written in russian, and when choosing the Montana tier X it does not have the camouflage option . Back to the game. Cheers.

shot-19.05.08_16.44.48-0624.jpg

shot-19.05.08_16.47.18-0495.jpg

[TEARZ]
Members
18 posts
6,942 battles

So... I am having this weird bug while playing on CVs, whenever I use Rocket Planes or Dive Bombers, the payload are dropping waaaay below the crosshair, I thought it could be a lag issue, but my ping is the same as the Live server. I talked to friends that are playing as well the CV players of the enemy team and they've said the same thing about the drops being "off" while using Dive Bombers and Rockets.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
691 posts
24,140 battles

Odd behavior on DB's and attack planes on the Lex and Midway. There is a significant delay from the time you left click to initiate the attack as well as the actual attack. There seems to be a 1 to 1.5s delay. Torps don't seem to be affected. Also as others have reported maneuvering the planes also seems to be sluggish. My ping times were around 100ms but that's what I've been playing with on NA but it's almost as if we're playing with 200-300ms lag. Issue does not seem to be present on other ships. 

Not sure if the CV autopilot was tweaked, but I had an instance where my Lex and a Shokaku were on converging courses and the autopilots of both ships stopped us dead in the water. It was as if the autopilots for bots in Co-op was implemented. This is not acceptable since I would much rather take ramming damage than be dead in the water without any warning. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Members
691 posts
24,140 battles

Also saw a test ship Conqueror in 2 Random battles. The notes say they're supposed to only be for ranked and Clan.

shot-19_05.08_22_56.26-0851.thumb.jpg.b5fb581a38be930fe4fe61be819f528e.jpg shot-19_05.08_22_56.42-0199.thumb.jpg.3b9fa4c6e11212eade008d5482e6ced9.jpg

[PVE]
Members
2,903 posts
21,541 battles
13 hours ago, SMS_2017 said:

So far so good, Greece map is great, thank you.  Well, bugs or not bugs, it depends,  Armory welcome is written in russian, and when choosing the Montana tier X it does not have the camouflage option . Back to the game. Cheers.

shot-19.05.08_16.44.48-0624.jpg

shot-19.05.08_16.47.18-0495.jpg

That Montana (along w/all the other ships w/the parenthesis around their names) is the "rental" one you earn from playing a battle in a T8 ship to use in rank or clan battles & don't allow you to equip camos...you have to grind out the 4k XP from NC to Iowa & then the 4k XP from Iowa to Montana to get the regular one.

Although as...

6 hours ago, h9k_a said:

Also saw a test ship Conqueror in 2 Random battles. The notes say they're supposed to only be for ranked and Clan.

shot-19_05.08_22_56.26-0851.thumb.jpg.b5fb581a38be930fe4fe61be819f528e.jpg shot-19_05.08_22_56.42-0199.thumb.jpg.3b9fa4c6e11212eade008d5482e6ced9.jpg

has pointed out I too have seen them in random battles.

• Cool 1

[SIX]
[SIX]
Members
44 posts
12,363 battles

Had huge lag spikes in Co-OP.

I was in the commander tab, configuring my YAMMY commander. My mouse hovers over the KIEV icon, down at the carousel. The info window for the KIEV didn't go away and stood in front of my commander skills. The window only disappeared after I hover my mouse over another ship icon.

PLEASE, can we have a button to remove all the flags at once from a ship? Perhaps even a MOUNT/DEMOUNT toggle, for when I want to play a certain ship in Co-Op and the ship is all pimped out for randoms? It's a PITA to have to unload each one of the 8 flags one by one manually.

Shouldn't be hard to have a "CLEAR FLAGS" button right?

Edited by Porthos__
  • Cool 1

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
1,009 posts
11,795 battles

T10 ships don't have camo. Asked around other players in matches yesterday, none but T9 and below had camo paint.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,145 posts
8,748 battles
4 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

T10 ships don't have camo. Asked around other players in matches yesterday, none but T9 and below had camo paint.

"Rental" ships are for ranked and clan battles and don't allow camo.  You have to grind a T10 to get a regular ship that allows it.

[DJC]
Members
21 posts
3,261 battles
2 hours ago, DocWalker said:

"Rental" ships are for ranked and clan battles and don't allow camo.  You have to grind a T10 to get a regular ship that allows it.

Also, they have a huge "Test" badge at the right , except the Montana( don´t know why). It was a mistake , I didnt change random for ranked, and played with the test/rental/naked Conqueror in a random battle, maybe the same happens to the other ones.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,145 posts
8,748 battles
11 minutes ago, SMS_2017 said:

Also, they have a huge "Test" badge at the right , except the Montana( don´t know why). It was a mistake , I didnt change random for ranked, and played with the test/rental/naked Conqueror in a random battle, maybe the same happens to the other ones.

Apparently some folks have been able to play them in Randoms ... I did see a LOT of Tier 10s yesterday.  I tried but no go (Yammy I think?).  Didn't try the Montana.

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,220 posts
14,834 battles

The upgrade bar has moved up into the module information area. Attached is an example.

shot-19.05.08_16.13.20-0828.jpg

[TNG-3]
Members
23 posts
9,543 battles

There's a 500ms to 1s delay on attack activation on planes, not sure if it's a bug or a undocumented nerf. It's very annoying to play in this state and I cant even test the ships since the controls only responds a second later. Aiming bombs become much more difficult due to this.

[VENUM]
Members
49 posts
5,106 battles

only problem i have so far is that NONE of my WG IDs are working to long in on the NA PT server. 

[-WTP-]
Members
1,139 posts
2,145 battles
59 minutes ago, Planetos said:

only problem i have so far is that NONE of my WG IDs are working to long in on the NA PT server. 

Because there is no NA PT server?   There's THE PT server and it's not in NA.

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
68 posts
5,361 battles
1 hour ago, Planetos said:

You have to create a new account using the same email you have for your main WoWs live account. Otherwise they don't link. Just trying to log in with your live server account won't work.

[VENUM]
Members
49 posts
5,106 battles

i have an account on the NA Server and the RU server. but still have no access to the Test server. WG Center won't accept either login for the Test Client. i go to submit a password reset and i never recieve the activation emails

even tried registering a new account and it says my email is already in use, but if the email is already in use why am I not getting the password reset emails for the PT server? i am getting the password reset emails from the RU and the NA server. 

just a little frustrating. i guess i will miss out on a free tier 6, but clearly the problem is on WG's end. i have covered my bases as best i can for now. 

Edited by Planetos

[NAUTY]
Members
548 posts
On 5/8/2019 at 10:50 PM, h9k_a said:

Odd behavior on DB's and attack planes on the Lex and Midway. There is a significant delay from the time you left click to initiate the attack as well as the actual attack. There seems to be a 1 to 1.5s delay. Torps don't seem to be affected. Also as others have reported maneuvering the planes also seems to be sluggish. My ping times were around 100ms but that's what I've been playing with on NA but it's almost as if we're playing with 200-300ms lag. Issue does not seem to be present on other ships. 

Not sure if the CV autopilot was tweaked, but I had an instance where my Lex and a Shokaku were on converging courses and the autopilots of both ships stopped us dead in the water. It was as if the autopilots for bots in Co-op was implemented. This is not acceptable since I would much rather take ramming damage than be dead in the water without any warning. 

Agreed..DB's, and strike rockets have the 1 to 1.5 delay. Completely unacceptable. Sounds like this MIGHT not be a bug, but I hope it is. Also, i control my CV often manually as I do secondary builds on them.and I go in with the team guns blazing, so I don't want any sort of autopilot taking control of my CV. I RAM other ships in my CV also, especially in ranked I'll be taking on this type of roll. This style of play is called Hull aggressive.

• Cool 1

Members
14 posts
2,549 battles

still no joy to work on a Mac.  Downloaded the revised game client, did the change to 512 for the wine folder.  it closes out as soon as I hit "Play."

[CRF]
Members
236 posts
5,643 battles
On 5/8/2019 at 7:58 PM, h9k_a said:

Actually think I saw one in Co-op on the RED team!!!!  Tho, that was 2 days ago, and can't remember that far back anymore!!

Edited by sonoasailor

[WGA]
1,259 posts
7,140 battles
On 5/8/2019 at 9:58 PM, h9k_a said:

Ahoy! 

We noticed this as well, thanks for providing this screenshot!

[WGA]
1,259 posts
7,140 battles
4 hours ago, Buzz_Canuck said:

still no joy to work on a Mac.  Downloaded the revised game client, did the change to 512 for the wine folder.  it closes out as soon as I hit "Play."

Can you PM me with a crash report/python log?

Also will need your system information as well.

#anchorsaweigh

[WGA]
1,259 posts
7,140 battles
16 hours ago, Planetos said:

i have an account on the NA Server and the RU server. but still have no access to the Test server. WG Center won't accept either login for the Test Client. i go to submit a password reset and i never recieve the activation emails

even tried registering a new account and it says my email is already in use, but if the email is already in use why am I not getting the password reset emails for the PT server? i am getting the password reset emails from the RU and the NA server. 

just a little frustrating. i guess i will miss out on a free tier 6, but clearly the problem is on WG's end. i have covered my bases as best i can for now. 

Put in a support ticket and specify you need access reset for the PT server.

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/17293/17302/17320/

[WGA]
1,259 posts
7,140 battles
On 5/9/2019 at 7:16 AM, Porthos__ said:

Had huge lag spikes in Co-OP.

I was in the commander tab, configuring my YAMMY commander. My mouse hovers over the KIEV icon, down at the carousel. The info window for the KIEV didn't go away and stood in front of my commander skills. The window only disappeared after I hover my mouse over another ship icon.

PLEASE, can we have a button to remove all the flags at once from a ship? Perhaps even a MOUNT/DEMOUNT toggle, for when I want to play a certain ship in Co-Op and the ship is all pimped out for randoms? It's a PITA to have to unload each one of the 8 flags one by one manually.

Shouldn't be hard to have a "CLEAR FLAGS" button right?

I like this idea, I will forward it up for further review!

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 2

Members
1 post
34 battles

Hi I am getting a game crash in port.

Steps to repeat:

1. Select Hipper
  2. Select Modules
  3. Scroll until can see Roon
  4. Click Roon

I have attached the log file.