Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
T_O_dubl_D

Question...CV/DFAA cooldown balance

6 comments in this topic

[WOLF7]
Members
757 posts
3,705 battles

With CV delay before take off is there also going to be a delay between flights throughout the game...at least after using the '"rescue me" button? I doubt it but there should be.  

Playing this weekend I had several games in a ship with decent/good but not great AA and was charging hard and getting dropped.  I would hold triggering DFAA until i was sure I wasnt being baited and i would knock down anywhere from 2-5 planes.  CV has enough after the first attack and hits F to save his planes from further damage and I only use a short amount of my DFAA duration actively.  He knows I have blown my DFAA load at that point and here he comes again instantly with a fresh squadron . I'm obviously on cooldown with no magic F button so this round goes considerably worse for me.  

If CVs had to "cooldown" after f'ing home that would, at least in my mind, equalize the cooldown of having DFAA cooldowns and having a sort of penalty balance of being able to rescue planes. 

Let the reasonable conversation begin...

[WOLF7]
Members
757 posts
3,705 battles

...or allow surface ships to pause their DFAA.  If CV can hit F to instantly disengage surface ships should be able to hit pause and still have what is left of the remaining charge for when the next flight shows up.  Seems fair.  I realize I'm replying to my own OP.  Don't judge.  

[LBA]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,582 posts
28 minutes ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

If CV can hit F to instantly disengage surface ships

It's not an instant disengage. Planes take time to reach safety and if a CV does it over an AA ship, they'll lose every plane. Especially an AA ship with DFAA up.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
2,304 posts
3,271 battles

"F"  key after the hotpatch actually leaves planes in harms way for longer than it would take to fly them out of AA range manually.      I only use it these days when I know i'm going to lose whole squadron or have them out of range of AA or fighters.   Not sure what you are experiencing but its not what you think it is.   

[SUNKN]
Members
28 posts
12,105 battles

I think there is an imbalance here between DFAA cool down time and how quickly the CV can return with aircraft. But infinite DFAA or only when you need it DFAA isn’t the answer. CVs need to be able to strike opponents. All that’s needed is a slight (5-10 second) reduction in DFAA cool down. Allows CV to reap benefits from baiting DFAA, but would also reduce the window of vulnerability for a ship such that the CV has to be quick to get his strike in before cool down is over

Sign in to follow this