You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VaygrEmpire

about diver bomber and dd update

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
144 posts

This in itself is normal, but there is a problem: evasive maneuvers on the part of the destroyer being attacked by bombers don’t do enough to prevent being hit. 

OH!  I wonder HoW CoNtInUoS DaMaGe PeR SeCoNd in AA bubble is working with aircrafts?

What, does dodging flaks do anything to planes to prevent being hit by continuous damage per second?

Rephrase that quote:

"This in itself is normal, but there is a problem: evasive maneuvers on the part of the aircrafts being attacked by continuous damage per second don't do enough to prevent being hit."

How does logic for former work while logic for later don't? 

Someone enlighten me pleaseeeee

Alpha Tester
5,885 posts
2,870 battles

Unless we're talking about the American DDs from tier 5 onward or the Grozovoi, most DDs don't have very good AA power. As such, avoiding planes comes down to their traditional strengths: Speed, stealth, and maneuverability. These changes will make those strengths more effective against dive bombers.

• Cool 2

[SOV]
Members
2,643 posts
1 hour ago, VaygrEmpire said:

OH!  I wonder HoW CoNtInUoS DaMaGe PeR SeCoNd in AA bubble is working with aircrafts?

What, does dodging flaks do anything to planes to prevent being hit by continuous damage per second?

Rephrase that quote:

"This in itself is normal, but there is a problem: evasive maneuvers on the part of the aircrafts being attacked by continuous damage per second don't do enough to prevent being hit."

How does logic for former work while logic for later don't? 

Because.  That would be the reason because, lol

No it does not make any sents that one group of people have more power over another group just because.

[HELLS]
Members
2,050 posts
19,515 battles

If this happens they had better change the spotting distance of DDs for aircraft or CV players are going to howl. It is bad enough as it is without the change as DDs spot planes and long range AA kicks in before planes spot DDs. Make it equal and I am fine with it, otherwise it is not worth it to attack DDs with bombs, and rockets are the only option left. Kaga and Shokaku owners take note. Any RN CV owners below T10, take note....

[SIM]
Members
3,456 posts
5,322 battles

Because when you’re talking about a DD, you’re talking about its ship HP, whereas with CV planes you’re essentially talking about its turrets. If a DD can’t dodge then it gets sunk. If planes can’t dodge then you launch more planes and go after something else. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
767 posts
3,727 battles
1 minute ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

otherwise it is not worth it to attack DDs with bombs

Pretty sure that is what they are hoping for

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,054 posts
14,112 battles

Can't tell for sure whether this is troll or stupid, but I have my suspicions.

Plane dodging mitigates the bulk of AA damage by taking no damage from flak bursts. Destroyer dodging doesn't mitigate squat against Midway dive bombers. Thus dies your false equivalency.

1 hour ago, VaygrEmpire said:

Consider yourself enlightened.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
454 posts
1,050 battles

I am a DD main and have somegames where 100% of my received damage came from airplanes.

[-BRS-]
Members
346 posts
17,592 battles
11 minutes ago, Patosentado said:

I am a DD main and have somegames where 100% of my received damage came from airplanes.

Please stop CV sniping in a DD.

[SEOP]
Members
1,521 posts
8,233 battles
22 hours ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

If this happens they had better change the spotting distance of DDs for aircraft or CV players are going to howl. 

They should learn to adapt to the new game requirements.