You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bigs_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Making the most of Air Patrols

6 comments in this topic

Members
77 posts
11,619 battles

Hey all,

How do you use the air patrols consumable to good effect? Some games I get 40+ planes and others... 2.

Do you just keep dropping them over friendly ships and that's it? 

I tend to do really poorly with them, except when in enterprise since it gets that increase patrol radius. 

[KAPPA]
Members
714 posts
5,649 battles

I have a small guide on fighters, if you want to look at my sig's guide list.

There's various ways to use them, however, such as dropping them ahead of a red DD to spot them, dropping them ahead of a green DD to protect them early game, dropping them in a cap to keep planes away, dropping them and recalling thus allowing you to put down up to 3 fighters at once, or other similar tactics.

Ohh, and placing them a bit ahead of red planes, or a bit behind the red planes' target, thus getting them to attack and then lose a whole mess of planes.

Honestly, fighters are usually for warding off planes rather than killing them, when it comes to better CVs.

Alpha Tester
5,878 posts
2,870 battles

Air Patrols are best used for area denial, spotting caps/DDs, and as meat shields against catapult fighters and Defensive Fire.

Members
77 posts
11,619 battles
Just now, Shoggoth_pinup said:

I have a small guide on fighters, if you want to look at my sig's guide list.

There's various ways to use them, however, such as dropping them ahead of a red DD to spot them, dropping them ahead of a green DD to protect them early game, dropping them in a cap to keep planes away, dropping them and recalling thus allowing you to put down up to 3 fighters at once, or other similar tactics.

Ohh, and placing them a bit ahead of red planes, or a bit behind the red planes' target, thus getting them to attack and then lose a whole mess of planes.

Honestly, fighters are usually for warding off planes rather than killing them, when it comes to better CVs.

Can you please post a link to this guide?

[KAPPA]
Members
714 posts
5,649 battles
Just now, Bigs_Destroyer_of_Worlds said:

Can you please post a link to this guide?

It's in my sig, right below this message. The blue text links to my list of CV guides.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,379 posts
10,928 battles

Getting good performance out of your fighter consumable has a lot of luck involved as you have to be very close to where they want to attack. Some times the drop is perfect and it wipes the attack but other times all it does it back them off making them consider other targets which is a win in itself.