You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pastore123

Update 0.8.4 Sounds Promising

338 comments in this topic

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
755 posts
6,903 battles

I was reading the dev notes and I must say that the aiming circle for the dive bombers is making me hopeful for the cv dd interaction. I know that it will only take some time for a certain few players to learn how to drop utilizing the new aiming circle, but the dive bombers were insane against dds. I'm glad to see this going through. Not to mention the delay in launching the aircraft from cvs. It's been a long time coming. 

I haven't said this in a while, but thanks war gaming. 

• Cool 12
  • Funny 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,719 posts
9,439 battles

Let me guess: they still gonna cry more about rockets hitting them hard? Cause dodging skilled CV DBs in a DD is easy if got good timing on your brakes.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[WOLF7]
Members
767 posts
3,727 battles

2 good steps in the right direction. 

This is a round about way of WG saying there is no counter play so at least we are going tie one arm behind the bully's back.  The next step would be to actually make it a fair fight but it looks like they are working on it so good on them for that.  Hopefully counter play and Midway balancing are up for fixes in the following patch.  

• Cool 3

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
755 posts
6,903 battles
6 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Let me guess: they still gonna cry more about rockets hitting them hard? Cause dodging skilled CV DBs in a DD is easy if got good timing on your brakes.

Using the word cry gets you nowhere with me. If you want an adult conversation, I'm fine with that.

And whereas rockets suck, they aren't killing dds in 2 drops at tier 10. 

• Cool 8

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
755 posts
6,903 battles
1 minute ago, T_O_dubl_D said:

2 good steps in the right direction. 

This is a round about way of WG saying there is no counter play so at least we are going tie one arm behind the bully's back.  The next step would be to actually make it a fair fight but it looks like they are working on it so good on them for that.  Hopefully counter play and Midway balancing are up for fixes in the following patch.  

Counter play is where this is game play with cvs is lacking. 
But, I'm happy at least with what is rolling out at the moment. It's definitely not final, but it's a start in the right direction. 

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
5,719 posts
9,439 battles
1 minute ago, pastore123 said:

Using the word cry gets you nowhere with me. If you want an adult conversation, I'm fine with that.

And whereas rockets suck, they aren't killing dds in 2 drops at tier 10. 

If they want to keep complaining, or crying, or whatever the word of the day is, that's on them for acting such that the word describes them. I merely say it as a statement of fact after double-checking w/ my pocket dictionary.

Now, on topic, it's rare that HE DB did more than 2 hits in per run save w/ Midway, where I usually landed 3 hits. There, sure, can see need of a small nerf since nothing's stopping the first strike using the (forget name) exploit where wait until last second, get guaranteed hits. But my concern is this nerfing Langley and Ranger unnecessarily since it's only the 1000lb. HE bombs that really hurt.

It's as if WG is unwilling to balance the tech tree CVS individually. Dislike this lazy approach.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[KNCOL]
Members
381 posts
1,396 battles

Plans for the next update are sounding pretty good. Hopefully WG keeps up with these improvements in future updates.

Hopefully the low tier CVs will be getting there tweaks sometime soon they could use some

Edited by Koogus
Spelling and grammar garbage
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,479 posts
2,500 battles
34 minutes ago, pastore123 said:

Man, you are going to jinx it.

• Funny 1

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
755 posts
6,903 battles
19 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Now, on topic, it's rare that HE DB did more than 2 hits in per run save w/ Midway, where I usually landed 3 hits. There, sure, can see need of a small nerf since nothing's stopping the first strike using the (forget name) exploit where wait until last second, get guaranteed hits. But my concern is this nerfing Langley and Ranger unnecessarily since it's only the 1000lb. HE bombs that really hurt.

It's as if WG is unwilling to balance the tech tree CVS individually. Dislike this lazy approach.

No, I already submitted a video in a ticket where I was dropped in two from a midway. So that debunks the 3 (and three is still only one launch). 

[RM-I]
[RM-I]
Members
755 posts
6,903 battles
11 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Man, you are going to jinx it.

Bahahhaa, I hope not! Crossing fingers now. 

• Funny 1

[STP]
Beta Testers
3,259 posts
12,358 battles

DDs is going cry util they become invunerable vs cvs.

• Cool 10

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts

And DD mains crying like infants once again gets their counters nerfed.

• Cool 12

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,642 posts
1 minute ago, Zaydin said:

And DD mains crying like infants once again gets their counters nerfed.

I think it's a valid change.  It's my opinion that rockets were the tool designed to counter DDs, not bombs.  I say this a CV player.

• Cool 2

[KNCOL]
Members
381 posts
1,396 battles

I like how a bunch of people are saying dd players are going to cry about something even though they are crying about dd mains right now

Also the word of the day today is CRY I guess:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 6

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I think it's a valid change.  It's my opinion that rockets were the tool designed to counter DDs, not bombs.  I say this a CV player.

I look forward to getting reported afk for not launching planes as soon as the match starts by people who don't read patch notes.

Edited by Zaydin
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
709 posts
9,300 battles
10 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

Kinda how cv are currently invulnerable to dd.

• Cool 6

[BNZAI]
Members
385 posts
4,507 battles

So after CVs are nerfed into the ground what do you think the baDDies will QQ about next? My bet is they will try to get CLs nerfed next.

• Cool 1

[KNCOL]
Members
381 posts
1,396 battles

Seems like a majority of the people who "cry" about stuff are people who say one part of the playerbase/people who play ship type 'x' are the ones crying....also saying brings no good discussion too

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
2 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

So after CVs are nerfed into the ground what do you think the baDDies will QQ about next? My bet is they will try to get CLs nerfed next.

Anything with fast firing guns and radar I suspect. Which means they will be going after US and Russian ships next.

[-BUI-]
Members
914 posts
2,919 battles
1 hour ago, pastore123 said:

I was reading the dev notes and I must say that the aiming circle for the dive bombers is making me hopeful for the cv dd interaction. I know that it will only take some time for a certain few players to learn how to drop utilizing the new aiming circle, but the dive bombers were insane against dds. I'm glad to see this going through. Not to mention the delay in launching the aircraft from cvs. It's been a long time coming. 

Yeah, I'm sure DDs will be happy.

This change makes the Midway probably the worst CV in the game (from best) now though.   It has the worst rockets (mostly due to reticle), worst torps, and now its HE bombs will never hit DDs again. 

Edited by Zenn3k
  • Boring 2

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,642 posts
7 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

I look forward to getting reported afk for not launching planes as soon as the match starts by people who don't read patch notes.

Eh, I get reported for just loading into a match with a CV.  I see your point but I honestly don't care.

Members
537 posts

hopeful?  Another hack to the game system so DD drivers who don't what a rudder is get a get out of jail card? seriously, why not just make it so they cannot be hit at all. What is next, not losing torpedo tubes due to HE damage or floating above all torpedoes. The game is either gimmicks or hacks all the way down. From each line has to have silly feature to having magic torpedoes and such. It is just not a good fix.

Their damage model needs a top down revamp. From armor to all weapons. You need a spreadsheet just to find all the tweaks and keep them in order and people wonder why many lines don't feel balanced?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[BNZAI]
Members
385 posts
4,507 battles
2 minutes ago, Zenn3k said:

Yeah, I'm sure DDs will be happy.

This change makes the Midway probably the worst CV in the game (from best) now though.   It has the worst rockets (mostly due to reticle), worst torps, and now its HE bombs will never hit DDs again. 

Since every CV is going to suck against DDs Midway is still probably the best. It has the best torpedos, best rockets, and HE bombs will probably still be strong against larger ships. 

[-BRS-]
Members
2,529 posts
15,788 battles

I don't see any DDs in here crying see a lot others though

Just overcome and adapt people no Tears

• Cool 4

[WOLF7]
Members
767 posts
3,727 battles
23 minutes ago, HyenaHiena said:

says the CV player that sits in the back and is invulnerable to everything including other CVs!

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2