You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Spyde

Premium Ships Being Nerfed.

103 comments in this topic

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,492 posts
9,692 battles

1: Alot wont care because its constant hate to CV's

2: WG Says PREM CV's are finished and balanced.

3: WG Sells the crap out of Prem CV's.

4: WG then shortly after announces global Nerfs to CV's.

GG WG

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

Members
319 posts
3,580 battles

Why should anyone care? A significant number of non-CV premiums are worse post-rework than they were before. Just adapt. 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

[WOLF7]
Members
768 posts
3,732 battles
5 minutes ago, Spyde said:

Wat??

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
11,361 posts
8,084 battles

Just Adapt

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[KAPPA]
Members
715 posts
5,649 battles

Global nerfs to premiums have always been a thing, though. Remember stealthfiring DDs? Blykawika remembers. Remember the global smoke changes? Belfast remembers.

• Cool 7

[HYDRO]
Members
2,861 posts
4,596 battles

WG said individual balancing was completed and that uniform changes could still happen.

Yes it's the fine print, yes it's not the best move, yes people rushed without any moment of thought to get the ships.

By that point people should have learned to stop buying into the hype, yet pixel ships are laced with pheromones or something apparently. 

Edited by warheart1992
  • Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,431 posts
10,156 battles
4 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

Just Adapt

WASD

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,492 posts
9,692 battles

I don't mind its just T8.  

I just find it funny there was no thread yet.    But anything that touches another ship the forum blows up.

[CRMSN]
Members
222 posts
10,908 battles
1 minute ago, Spyde said:

I don't mind its just T8.  

I just find it funny there was no thread yet.    But anything that touches another ship the forum blows up.

"DON'T TOUCH MY SEAL BAT" - WG forums.

"CARRIER NERFS OK" - Also WG forums.

• Cool 3

[WOLF7]
Members
768 posts
3,732 battles
6 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Global nerfs to premiums have always been a thing, though. Remember stealthfiring DDs? Blykawika remembers. Remember the global smoke changes? Belfast remembers.

Great HE nerf.  Atlanta remembers :Smile_sad:

[O7]
Members
1,013 posts
14,165 battles

It is a nerf to CVs coming at the same time as a buff to the GZ. It is a mechanic change not a premium change. Just like with previous talks of nerfs, even direct premium nerfs, it is downright foolish to greedily cling to a premium's strength instead of wanting balance and the game to be healthy.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,771 posts
11,127 battles

I have all of the Prem CV's and I think it is fine. We are still in the tuning process with the CV's this sort of thing should be expected. Nerf's and Buff's are very likely still inbound.

[WMD]
Members
645 posts
6,571 battles
32 minutes ago, Spyde said:

GG WG

WG said premium CVs are balanced individually, but that global changes would continue. It's not WG's fault you failed to comprehend the plainly worded statement they made when they announced the premium CVs were going to go back on sale. 

Edit: Full disclosure, I bought my premium CVs since the rework and I don't care how WG balanced the class. Just balance CVs against the rest of the game please. 

Edited by VeatherVitch
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,480 posts
6,103 battles

Global changes are not the same as nerfing a premium.  This is how it has always been here.   Nice clickbait title though!

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,860 battles
24 minutes ago, ClassicLib said:

WASD

QWES is the superior variant.

Hardly surprising, everyone knew changes were forthcoming.

Members
2,926 posts
3,734 battles
38 minutes ago, Spyde said:

Premium Ships Being Nerfed

Thank god, it'd be extremely silly for premium ships to be immune to balance changes given that the overall meta of the game can change in any given update.

[CSALT]
Members
922 posts
43 minutes ago, Spyde said:

I don't recall Wargaming ever saying CVs were finished and balanced.  I DO recall them saying that the CV rebuild, adjustments, and balancing would continue through at least 0.8.4 and probably longer.

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,269 posts
7,214 battles
2 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

I don't recall Wargaming ever saying CVs were finished and balanced.  I DO recall them saying that the CV rebuild, adjustments, and balancing would continue through at least 0.8.4 and probably longer.

"It's not planned to make further changes to the parameters of Graf Zeppelin, Saipan, Kaga and Enterprise. We consider their balancing finished. We also would like to remind you that you can exchange your CVs in the Inventory section before the time to do this expires with 0.8.2."

It is very questionable on WG's part to "alter the deal" within less than two months. As much as I appreciate the change to make that junk that GZ's DBs are workable, WG was quite clear in that they considered the balancing of GZ (and all the other Prems) finished. And now, before the rework is even fully completed, surprise, new changes to GZ. I feel like GZ is slowly becoming the in-game counterpart to the airport in Berlin.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
5,887 posts
2,873 battles
50 minutes ago, Spyde said:

GG WG

e4d.thumb.png.5daf9497254d8b8d9a64c6101b93f1b3.png

• Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
3,456 posts
5,328 battles

Premium ships are not exempt from global changes, and CVs are getting a global change. This isn’t a difficult concept to understand. Trying to frame it as a targeted nerf to the premium CVs is just willful ignorance. 

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,645 posts

WG said CV premium specific changes were done.  WG also said global CV changes would continue.

This isn't new or specific to CVs.  All global class changes effect premiums.  See radar changes, concealment changes etc.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,645 posts
8 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

"It's not planned to make further changes to the parameters of Graf Zeppelin, Saipan, Kaga and Enterprise. We consider their balancing finished. We also would like to remind you that you can exchange your CVs in the Inventory section before the time to do this expires with 0.8.2."

It is very questionable on WG's part to "alter the deal" within less than two months. As much as I appreciate the change to make that junk that GZ's DBs are workable, WG was quite clear in that they considered the balancing of GZ (and all the other Prems) finished. And now, before the rework is even fully completed, surprise, new changes to GZ. I feel like GZ is slowly becoming the in-game counterpart to the airport in Berlin.

Again, they also said that global CV changes would continue.  They will basically continue forever.  This also applies and has been applied to every other class, including their premiums.  It's not a new thing.