TheURLGuy

Developer Diaries: Update 0.8.4

41 comments in this topic

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Members
34 posts
5,793 battles

Any chance we can get a Commonwealth commander in the near future?  Perhaps making him/her reflect the nation of the ship they're assigned to whether it be Canadian, Australian or New Zealand.

ps. I am really enjoying the 'Victory' competition, having the daily leaderboard is great, gives us casual players a chance to be in the top 5% for a change.  Maybe someone will be able to take CV_Noob's place as #1 one day!

Cheers,

Yeti_RCN

• Cool 3

[PAK]
Members
24 posts

What USSR BBs will be available to play in 8.4 if we didnt get a mission? And will experience gained on USSR BBs be used to get the next Tier ship?

[PVE]
Members
340 posts
40 minutes ago, YeTi_RCN said:

Any chance we can get a Commonwealth commander in the near future?  Perhaps making him/her reflect the nation of the ship they're assigned to whether it be Canadian, Australian or New Zealand.

ps. I am really enjoying the 'Victory' competition, having the daily leaderboard is great, gives us casual players a chance to be in the top 5% for a change.  Maybe someone will be able to take CV_Noob's place as #1 one day!

Cheers,

Yeti_RCN

If we can't swap Commonwealth and British Captains between lines , give the Commonwealth its own Commanders

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Beta Testers
1,147 posts
9,414 battles

I see they are going to screw with Rank Battles again, another season of sitting it out.  Thanks WG for giving me time to play other games.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,192 battles

Has anyone watched the video who can give a summary? I am only mildly curious about what is coming and doubt I can stomach a 20 minute video from Wargaming. 

Members
316 posts
3,548 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Has anyone watched the video who can give a summary? I am only mildly curious about what is coming and doubt I can stomach a 20 minute video from Wargaming. 

- CV changes ongoing including timer at the start of the round (45 seconds at T10) where no planes can fly. 

- Next phase of the victory campaign will have you earning a collection based on the history of soviet ships. You can earn 5 soviet ships from the collection** (I think that's what was said).

- Rewards for ranked will be mostly the same as last season however there will be a commemorative achievement for reaching rank 1. 

- A new epicentre style game mode will be included in the ranked season along with the traditional domination mode. 

- CVs will take part in ranked because they're much better balanced than they were before. Maps were specifically chosen to promote surface ships staying together to pool AA.

- New Greece map based on Santorini is coming.

- In port lighting improved and dynamic weather system coming to the port as well. No dynamic day/night cycle though.  

• Cool 1

[-DS-]
Members
1 post
14,546 battles

I am new to the forum, so if my comments seem to be on a different topic, sorry. It's nice that CV's will be included in Ranked Battles this time, however why would WG make the changes they did to CV's and then go find a way to nerf them again. Why not make this game only CA's and BB's? DD's have been made almost useless with radar on most ships now, and they went to so much trouble to change carriers to make them a part of the game, but then make it where they dont do much damage and now they cant fly a plane for up to 45 seconds into the battle. In my opinion the changes are'nt good for the game. It's making it where only battleship players and cruiser players are the only ones enjoying it because the other two types of ships are now only targets.

[T-D-A]
Members
30 posts
5,516 battles

Their "historian" must pull his hair out every time he sees the high tier CVs and the aircraft they are using. Or he really isn't much of a historian, one of the two.

[SEAL]
[SEAL]
Members
35 posts
7,495 battles

so, I guess this new heroic commander is a typical representative of Russian First?

automatically repair party and damage control when HP reach 10%, and increase 20% of shells dispersion, unlike other heroic commander, this will happen in every games. If I am right, only once per game, but maybe every time HP reach to 10%, that's will be really cool.

those USSR ships are already hard to kill now, and you got this free damage control and repair party every games? I don't think this is a good idea for your balance. 

oh, have you guys fix the bug of bomber drop bomb? the camera follow the planes even I already drop the bomb.

Edited by Spartan036

[MIA-P]
Members
97 posts
4,870 battles

I don't really like the concept of "everyone stays together in a terrified huddle." In clanwars, especially, you'll find that in no unicum clan's strat does it involve everyone hugging and moving in one giant blob

Crossfires are unachievable, flanking gets you killed, map control simply doesn't exist, and Hakuryu can still slap you for half your health in one drop. 

So what if it "encourages people pooling their AA together"

That in itself, should not be a good thing.

[PVE]
Members
2,903 posts
21,514 battles
11 hours ago, Diison said:

What USSR BBs will be available to play in 8.4 if we didnt get a mission? And will experience gained on USSR BBs be used to get the next Tier ship?

All of the BBs will be available in 8.4...just not on the public test yet. If you didn't get any of the missions you will have to grind the whole line from scratch.

If you got any ship missions from containers they will come w/all the modules upgraded but you will still have to grind out the XP for the next ship...the exception being if you also got the next ship in the trees mission in a container there will be no need to grind out the XP & the 1st of the 2 will become elite (theoretically...I haven't received any to give practical data on this) instantly after finishing the missions for both.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[PVE]
Members
2,903 posts
21,514 battles
11 hours ago, TheURLGuy said:

We're preparing for the second part of the Soviet update and would like to tell you about a new map and season of Ranked Battles.

Read it on the portal

At about 1:35 the guy in the video says that tokens from the Victory competition can be exchanged for T5 premium ship Murmansk...is this a mistake in translation or is the Laso just a Murmansk clone & that is where the translation error occurs...or will the Murmansk also become available?

[CRF]
Members
236 posts
5,639 battles

So for ranked battles, anyone can rent a T10 ship to try it out?  Sounds like a lot of easy targets for unicom layers (or even players with a modicum of experience at T10 play), and a big money grab by WG. 

[PVE]
Members
2,903 posts
21,514 battles
1 hour ago, sonoasailor said:

So for ranked battles, anyone can rent a T10 ship to try it out?  Sounds like a lot of easy targets for unicom layers (or even players with a modicum of experience at T10 play), and a big money grab by WG. 

what money grab...they're free to use. & unfortunately there will be just as many new players w/rental ships on your team as there will be on their's each match so their unicum players will have just as many easy targets.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[HRG]
Members
2 posts
11,905 battles

FIX THE CV"S TO OLD WAY # YEARS THEY WERE RIGHT THEN YOU PEOPLE SCREWED THE POOCH STOP BEING IDIOTS THEY WERE NEVER SET Uat way and if new players complain we have all had to go thru same thing you are stealing money from our pockets when you changed the cv"s return it not as credits but as money or GOLDgol:d you shuold have known better you defeat what the cv was made for and they attack in WW 2 as squadron's FIGHTER WERE IN AIR SAME TIME ATTACK SQUADRONS WERE THEY FLEW WITH ALL THE WAY TO TARGET STOP SCREWING UP GAME TO BE BATTLESHIP VS BATTLESHIP WOULD HAVE THOUGHT YOU WERE SMARTER THAN THIS IT IS A SHAME JUST FIX IT BE SMART ABOUT IT THAT WHY BB'S DON'T EXIST ANYMORE TOO EXPENSIVE TO BE SANK BY DINKY PLANES BUT THAT'S THE WAY IT IS IF YOUNG COMMANDERS STILL COMPLAIN THEN LEARN THE GAME

Edited by Delphin2_21

[CRF]
Members
236 posts
5,639 battles
9 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

what money grab...they're free to use. & unfortunately there will be just as many new players w/rental ships on your team as there will be on their's each match so their unicum players will have just as many easy targets.

oh - i htought it was their $4.99 rental for a week deal you see in the shop every now and then.  If it's similar to what they do for clan battles, then I guess it's okay.  But I won't subject other players to my average play by playing a rented T10 ship in these battles.  (and do you have to pay for damages to a rental when you return it?:cap_haloween:

[WGA]
Administrator
1,326 posts
648 battles
11 hours ago, sonoasailor said:

Hey sonoasailor,

Play a battle with any Tier VIII or higher ship—and get free rental of a Tier X ship of the same type, enabling you to participate in Ranked Battles. You do not have to pay for a rental ship, you just have to play a battle in a tier VIII or higher ship of the corresponding type to unlock the rental ships. 

On 5/7/2019 at 8:33 AM, Diison said:

Hey Diison,

This was put in the 0.8.4. bulletin for the upcoming Public Test.  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/bulletin-084/

Please note that Soviet battleships will appear in the Tech Tree in Update 0.8.4, but will not be accessible on the Public Test server.

• Cool 1

[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
68 posts
5,354 battles
16 minutes ago, Kami said:

Play a battle with any Tier VIII or higher ship—and get free rental of a Tier X ship of the same type, enabling you to participate in Ranked Battles. You do not have to pay for a rental ship, you just have to play a battle in a tier VIII or higher ship of the corresponding type to unlock the rental ships. 

Does this include premium ships? It's not much of a gate to getting rental ships if anyone could just drop a wad of cash on a T8+ premium and thus get access to T10 ships. If it were only an option for tech tree ships it wouldn't be so much of an issue  - T8 players are often in T10 battles, so should know how T10s act even if they've never sailed in one before. But otherwise it can be easily abused by unskilled players who can just pay their way into Ranked. 

Regardless, I don't think anyone is going be exactly happy if they see rental ships on their team, the implication being that such players will negatively impact the teams performance. 

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
[KRAK]
Members
1,008 posts
11,793 battles
10 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

So if I rent a T10 ship for free, and do low damage in it in a game, isn't that still going to cost a ton of credits ?

[SALVO]
Members
20,145 posts
19,993 battles
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:19 AM, YeTi_RCN said:

Cheers,

Yeti_RCN

If you're looking for one of those legendary commanders, i.e. like Yamamoto or Halsey, then I'd suggest that we should be getting a British one first.  Now, if you're looking for a merely special commander, that's fine.  I'd have no probably with that at all.

[SALVO]
Members
20,145 posts
19,993 battles
10 hours ago, Delphin2_21 said:

FIX THE CV"S TO OLD WAY # YEARS THEY WERE RIGHT THEN YOU PEOPLE SCREWED THE POOCH STOP BEING IDIOTS THEY WERE NEVER SET Uat way and if new players complain we have all had to go thru same thing you are stealing money from our pockets when you changed the cv"s return it not as credits but as money or GOLDgol:d you shuold have known better you defeat what the cv was made for and they attack in WW 2 as squadron's FIGHTER WERE IN AIR SAME TIME ATTACK SQUADRONS WERE THEY FLEW WITH ALL THE WAY TO TARGET STOP SCREWING UP GAME TO BE BATTLESHIP VS BATTLESHIP WOULD HAVE THOUGHT YOU WERE SMARTER THAN THIS IT IS A SHAME JUST FIX IT BE SMART ABOUT IT THAT WHY BB'S DON'T EXIST ANYMORE TOO EXPENSIVE TO BE SANK BY DINKY PLANES BUT THAT'S THE WAY IT IS IF YOUNG COMMANDERS STILL COMPLAIN THEN LEARN THE GAME

Stop YELLING.  And for crying out loud, include punctuation.  This post is nearly unreadable because it's nothing more than a giant run-on sentence of YELLING!!!

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
2,903 posts
21,514 battles
5 hours ago, sonoasailor said:

oh - i htought it was their $4.99 rental for a week deal you see in the shop every now and then.  If it's similar to what they do for clan battles, then I guess it's okay.  But I won't subject other players to my average play by playing a rented T10 ship in these battles.  (and do you have to pay for damages to a rental when you return it?:cap_haloween:

Of course...unless you pay $4.99 a week in the premium shop for the new "Rental Insurance Package" :-)

4 hours ago, BlizzardHero said:

Does this include premium ships?

Unfortunately it does...just like in clan battles any new player can now purchase a T8 premium & be playing in a ranked battle just as soon as they play however many games it takes to get to the service record required (I'm assuming the 1 game to get the rental will be covered in those games required to get to the service record...if they "preheated the oven" & played those games before then they still need to play the 1 game to get the rental).

It sounds like they will just get the 1 ship type based on what they purchase if they only buy 1 premium & will have to buy 3 premiums to get all 3 options.

4 hours ago, Ericson38 said:

So if I rent a T10 ship for free, and do low damage in it in a game, isn't that still going to cost a ton of credits ?

Yes..."cash grab" refers to real world money not credits...credit costs are definitely not going to be free.

[-IF-]
Members
18 posts
297 battles

so if i want to use my Steam Players name Account, here in the forums i cant cuz, you have to sign in with a Wargaming.Net Account which i had to forcibly do to relate this problem, i don't even use this account to play in WOW's, just played a few games but my real gameplay comes within the steam version. i think its highly unfair to all Steam Players for WOW's

Edited by Rom3_1