You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kingpin61

Lazo vs. Shchors in one image

21 comments in this topic

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
320 posts
17,939 battles

image.png.4b93963c3bebf206a99aaaac00ab8f39.png

• Cool 8

Beta Testers
1,574 posts
7,943 battles

Thanks, I was actually looking for something like this!  The quick blurb in the armory didn't really detail much aside from the positives of Lazo.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
320 posts
17,939 battles
1 minute ago, Kenjister said:

Thanks, I was actually looking for something like this!  The quick blurb in the armory didn't really detail much aside from the positives of Lazo.

Glad to help! Everything I didn't list here is identical or negligibly different

[ARGSY]
Members
10,386 posts
6,776 battles

There's not much in it, and the advantages sort of seesaw between the two.

The FTP crowd who don't yet have 19 pointers will be glad for a retraining premium they can participate in events and ops with; others might be able to leverage a way to use that spotter to advantage, if not for long-range gunfire then to see over hills at critical moments.

[TOG]
Members
3,420 posts
17,872 battles

I consider the Lazlo to be a better version of the Schors in the long range sniper role.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,260 posts
5,267 battles

Nice additional information to have.  I think I will get the Ognevoi and the Vladivostok permacamos instead.

I have Shchors.  I have Molotov.  I have Chapayev.  I think I can do without a copy pasta.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,193 posts
7,732 battles

Thanks! Seems Lazo is actually a pretty decent "semi-giveaway" ship. But the grind is just too much, think I'll just get a Vladivostok premium camo for the tokens

[O7]
Members
1,015 posts
14,165 battles

the special spotter I have found to push the Lazo ahead of Shchors

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
320 posts
17,939 battles
21 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Personally I agree that Lazo is better where it counts, but I figured I should whip something up to see if Lazo was just "better Shchors" which was my first impression of her.

Members
4 posts
23,396 battles
10 hours ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Nice additional information to have.  I think I will get the Ognevoi and the Vladivostok permacamos instead.

I have Shchors.  I have Molotov.  I have Chapayev.  I think I can do without a copy pasta.

Another reason to grind the Lazo, Once you have it in port you get to do the Boyar Aristocracy challenge each day for an easy soviet standard container each day.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,202 posts
5,730 battles

Lazo's spotter plane consumables reloads in 9.5 seconds lol.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,370 posts
17,682 battles
Just now, Vader_Sama said:

Lazo's spotter plane consumables reloads in 9.5 seconds lol.

IMO, that gimmick is pointless because the shells float so long up in the air at those ranges.  It's one of the most useless Premium Ship gimmicks out there.

[PVE]
Members
14,936 posts
9,477 battles
10 hours ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Yes. For those who don't have Lazo, the spotter active time is normal at 60 seconds, but reloads in 15s (10s with premium spotter). So you can reach out to 20.7km a lot.

@iDuckman, we forgot another exception for the Spotter consumable table on the wiki.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
320 posts
17,939 battles
15 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yes. For those who don't have Lazo, the spotter active time is normal at 60 seconds, but reloads in 15s (10s with premium spotter). So you can reach out to 20.7km a lot.

@iDuckman, we forgot another exception for the Spotter consumable table on the wiki.

Yeah, I tried to keep the chart short & sweet and didn't go into too much detail there.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,844 posts
4,180 battles

If they want me to keep up with exceptions they will have to give me samples of new ships.  :Smile_trollface:

Edited by iDuckman

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,656 posts
11 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

I consider the Lazlo to be a better version of the Schors in the long range sniper role.

11 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

There's not much in it, and the advantages sort of seesaw between the two.

The FTP crowd who don't yet have 19 pointers will be glad for a retraining premium they can participate in events and ops with; others might be able to leverage a way to use that spotter to advantage, if not for long-range gunfire then to see over hills at critical moments.

:Smile_great:I got Lazo the other day and I like her, However she reminds me more of a  Chapayev  without radar than of  a  Shchors

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Members
320 posts
17,939 battles
Just now, shadowsrmine said:

:Smile_great:I got Lazo the other day and I like her, However she reminds me more of a  Chapayev  without radar than of  a  Shchors

There's a really good reason for that.
Lazo is literally the old Chapayev A-Hull before they changed it a few patches ago.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
14,936 posts
9,477 battles
7 hours ago, iDuckman said:

If they want me to keep up with exceptions they will have to give samples of new ships.  :Smile_trollface:

That sounds fair. :Smile_honoring:

[5BS]
Members
6,764 posts

Love her spotter aircraft and I frankly think that's how it should work on most ships.