You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Yudachi Preview - The Poi isn’t strong with this one

19 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,583 posts
5,386 battles

15 km torps at T7... but with the sub 60 knot speed and 2.5 km detection, ships have a full 16 seconds to react.

Edited by NoZoupForYou

[KNCOL]
Members
382 posts
1,397 battles

Really hope they buff this ships before release. It's the only ship that I've had interest in getting (a lot of the recent premiums are usually around tier 8-10 which I am not the biggest fan of playing and they are also more expensive)

If they give the torpedo detection good buff and slightly buff the speed that would be enough for me

......but having both trb and smoke at the same time would be nice also but I can dream........

Edited by Koogus
Spelling and grammar garbage

[TOG]
Members
3,419 posts
17,862 battles

For those who don't know what Poi means. 

Well, if you emphasize TA, that brings it to 60km at 12 km . That brings the reaction time down to approximately 11 seconds. That it makes it bad rather than terrible. 

Edit: Ran it through with new values still 16 seconds. Zoup, are you uaing TA and TAE to get the 16 second reaction time?

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,860 battles

As much as I love IJN DD's not even going to touch this one unless they do something, as the Akatsuki is a far better DD.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,369 posts
6,766 battles

I'm getting the idea that if I want a premium Japanese destroyer, I should pull my finger out and finish the Honourable Service campaign (Shinonome).

1 minute ago, Junostorm said:

As much as I love IJN DD's not even going to touch this one unless they do something, as the Akatsuki is a far better DD.

The real comparison is against the Shiratsuyu for obvious reasons; but when you think about it, the need for retraining premiums sort of goes away when you have 19-point captains and a good bank of ECXP to draw from. 

I suspect the Yudachi player who buys her in her current condition (if no changes are made) will be leveraging the torps as area-denial or herding weapons, and for ambushes of opportunity. Look for them appearing in divisions with comms, co-ordinating fire with battleships looking for forced broadsides or long-range cruisers/CV with rocket planes up, able to apply fire to anything that took and repaired a flooding hit.

[KNCOL]
Members
382 posts
1,397 battles

Sorry if Info is already out there but Is this ship suppose to be released on the next update?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,369 posts
6,766 battles
7 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Sorry if Info is already out there but Is this ship suppose to be released on the next update?

Not if the general opinion of the testers is that she utterly sucks. Expect her to come out in 0.8.5 if that's the case, after more extensive rebalancing.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,461 posts
3,895 battles

Yukikaze and now Yuudachi.

You're going to have to try harder than taking a legendary name and sticking it on a garbage ship, WG.

Members
1,943 posts
78 battles
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

You're going to have to try harder than taking a legendary name and sticking it on a garbage ship, WG.

WG delivers what all the whiny IJN DD mains wanted, a T7 DD that can hang out at the back spitting torps for no effort!!

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,461 posts
3,895 battles
1 minute ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

WG delivers what all the whiny IJN DD mains wanted, a T7 DD that can hang out at the back spitting torps for no effort!!

You'd be singing the same tune if it was Johnston, so take your anti-Japan sentiment and stuff it.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[KNCOL]
Members
382 posts
1,397 battles
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

You'd be singing the same tune if it was Johnston, so take your anti-Japan sentiment and stuff it.

And you took the bait.......

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,461 posts
3,895 battles
Just now, Koogus said:

And you took the bait.......

Ehh, now that I see it, yeah. Alas.

Should probably just ignore the troll at this point, it's not like they ever post anything of value.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,766 posts
8,761 battles

are we really surprised that a IJN DD is sucky in this game? even if its a premium, because im not

Members
1,943 posts
78 battles
41 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

are we really surprised that a IJN DD is sucky in this game? even if its a premium, because im not

Considering how in the past years the whiny IJN DD crowd were among the loudest to denounce WG for the "Great IJN Torpedo Nerf" and keeps on weeping and gnashing their teeth over it instead of adjusting their playstyle, WG is just giving them a taste of their own medicine.

Edited by RyuuohD_NA
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[KNCOL]
Members
382 posts
1,397 battles
9 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Considering how in the past years the whiny IJN DD crowd were among the loudest to denounce WG for the "Great IJN Torpedo Nerf" and keeps on weeping and gnashing their teeth over it instead of adjusting their playstyle, WG is just giving them a taste of their own medicine.

pp,550x550.u1.jpg

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,766 posts
8,761 battles
39 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

*sniffs* hmm, i doth believe i smellth bait

• Cool 1

Members
3,206 posts
3,521 battles

What if 3 charge acoustic torpedoes module? 

Members
400 posts
1 hour ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Lest you forget the CL Yahagi, same issue. WIP too.