You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

8 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,708 posts
9,439 battles

Played less than usual because annoying nasal infection. Did some Randoms, but wish I'd joined my clan for CB because they were on a 100% winning roll, though admittedly don't know what Steel ship I'd get (Stalingrad looks intriguing though).

Pulled a few wins Saturday, then div'd w/ clanmate and had an upsetting 5-loss streak before had enough. Sunday was a 100% win rate in Midway, Conqueror, Impalacable, Alsace, and DM. Got Imp's B hull.

Now I need to learn how to focus on UU grinds again (Khab and Groz on FXP part, DM on base XP).

Pulled a few 1500+ base XP wins in Midway, Yamato, and Conqueror, so helped clan get ahead by a few in Naval Battles.

I'm starting to think a module to reduce MB range and tighten dispersion by 7% would be a useful for slot 6.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,207 posts
6,652 battles

Made the regrettable decision that RL was intruding too much on the Victory campaign to have any hope of winning the Lazo. So I elected to grind the ships I preferred to play. Decision time will be which camo to get; I already have Kiev camos up to the eyeballs, and so the decision is Ognevoi (currently at Minsk, grinding straight for Kiev) vs. Chapayev (currently at Kirov) vs. Vladivostok (will be starting at T3 next patch).

Obtained the Shiratsuyu B hull. Akizuki beckons. Eventually.

Thanks to the 200% first-win bonus, I had a couple of really good games in the Konig that accelerated progress markedly. Sunday it all fell apart, so that my one co-op game on the back of two Randoms losses got me more XP than either of the Randoms. Ping times in excess of THREE THOUSAND MILLISECONDS weren't helping, but that settled down for the co-op game and I finished the grind. Didn't even bother to research the engine or gun modules. Sold the Konig at a profit of over 300,000 credits and moved on to the Bayern.

As a consequence of Paragraph 1, I resumed and advanced my temporarily abandoned goal of putting at least 3000 XP on the Hosho every day. Progress to the Ryujo will be slow for sure, but inexorable. That's okay, because I need a lot more practice with the dive bombers before I hit T6. Also need to work on the balance between spotting enemy destroyers and straight-out trying to delete them; a lot of T4 players aren't as practised and aware with regard to focus fire as they are at higher tiers, and the spotting tends not to have as much benefit. Better, I have concluded, just to attack. 

Also had some good co-op destroyer games. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[TDG]
Members
1,621 posts
7,837 battles

RL impact severely limited my time this weekend.  That said, I had a very productive session Sunday.  I finished the night with 1480 points in the Event.  (I was playing for Glory, so no additional benefit after 500.)

I also had some battles with ridiculous ping times.  That certainly increased the difficulty factor.

[ICOP]
Members
1,067 posts
3,860 battles

Played Co-op, had some pretty interesting experiences and some insane base xp games, really cannot stand single queuing randoms at the moment and that has nothing to do with Carriers.

[TDD]
Members
1,054 posts
8,514 battles

WEEK 6 OF MY SELF IMPOSED EXILE.

Had planned to make a return to Wows this weekend, even updated drivers and the client. Never pulled the trigger though got sidetracked and didn't get back to it.

Maybe next weekend.

[INTEL]
Members
9,807 posts
27,863 battles

An excellent weekend going 15-5 the last two days after a shaky Fri.

Was very lucky with aircraft carriers during that run, they only ruined three or four games, and we got the absolute crapper aircraft carrier driver only a couple times.

Had a nifty 135K/2000 base XP outing in Texas, the highlight.

Playing more tier 5 since it feels like I don't get uptiered so often. Instead, it feels like the T4 aircraft carriers are pulling more T5 ships into their battles. I have pretty much given up on T6 since it gets the double whammy of aircraft carriers from T8 and being uptiered into T8, along with the higher probability of having 2 CVs.

The only unfortunate thing about it is that I can't play any of the ship's I love if they have no AA. One of the many problems with the rework that WG has simply ignored, let alone offered a solution for.

Members
1,801 posts
9,372 battles

Pretty average weekend. Had it's ups and downs. First weekend in a few months I could dedicate a large amount of time playing. CVs still dont bother me like the rest of the forum. Finished the Izumo grind and bought the Yamato! Had my highest dmg game ever in the Izumo though, nice finish to the grind. Close to finishing the Neptune and Roon, maybe 20k more XP. Had some really nice games in my Abruzzi. Going to forget about the Lazo and just try for an RU BB, dont want to grind from Tier1. Bleh.

weekend.jpg

[WOLF9]
Members
3,701 posts

No spree...   Aside from real life intruding,  I took 5 days off from sheer disgust at how things were going.   Came back Thurs, played 2 games and logged out.  Nothing had changed- games were still gross, unfun, and unrewarding.

Tried again Fri morning.  Usually the best time to play for me.  Nope.   Shut off in disgust after 3 games and went on with the real life activities, lol.

Sat I never logged on- too busy.  When I did have time, I was bushed, and lacked the desire to keep my eyes open that long.

Sun afternoon I played 8 or 9 games.  VERY profitable XP-wise, thanks to the +200% win bonus.   Not so much credit-wise, thanks to the continued DD invasion, and torp spam meta.   (games end WAY too quick, with 1 or 2 players dominating the match and everyone else getting squat)  Don't give a rip about the Glory/Honor event- I'm just trying to accumulate coal for Either JB or Georgia.   I will say that this event like others of it's type ENCOURAGES the type of play that makes Co-op games so frustrating.

This sort of fun killing frustration- rarely being able to do anything before the game ends- is rapidly killing my interest in the game.    It's a 2 step problem:  large numbers of yolo-ing DD players, leading to utterly ridiculous bot behavior.   One example:

Had a match on North yesterday in my Alsace.   By some miracle,  we got a decent spawn- the ships were in 3 even groups, with nobody spawned wayyyy out on a flank by themselves.    Upon start, things proceed normally- everyone deploys more or less to the side they spawned on; ready for the bot rush we all knew was coming.

Except for one thing:  Our Gearing yolo'd B.

Co-op veterans know exactly what happened then:   ALL of the bots turned away from their intended course to swarm charge B.    This left 80% of the team hopelessly out of position, with nothing to fight, and huge islands blocking them from the enemy for some time to come.   (our other DD was in my group opposite C, and he pushed that cap.  Apparently he didn't matter to the bots, though...)

Then Gearing dies, and posts a profane rant in chat thanking us for no support.   Nobody replied, but it was VERY tempting to respond with a "thanks for yoloing B and pulling all the bots into it- leaving all of us way out of position to do anything about it."  I just found that kind of sad.  How do you get to tier 10 in DD's, pull that stunt, and not know what will happen?   Or even check to see where your allies are, and who- if anyone- is in a position to back you up.

You could also sub in ANY Co-op match on 2 Brothers.   Every game, someone just HAS to charge the gap, and loiter there.   Pulling the entire bot team into it, and leaving everyone else without any targets.

This is essentially every game, just without the profanity laced rant.   WG really needs to re-evaluate the targeting priorities of the bots.   It's too easy to exploit, and causes constant fun killing snafu's.   You don't need the entire bot team to swarm one spot just because a DD is there.   They don't ALL have to chase that DD to the furthest regions of the map, when it attempts to withdraw.   And they shouldn't be ignoring torp cruisers that constantly yolo torp charge them.  Or taking pot shots at a ship 20km away when they are being engaged by someone much closer.

On the bright side, I did get several secondary kills with my French BB's yesterday!