You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GrayPanther2018

A Division of the Reviled

5 comments in this topic

Members
373 posts

In reading all the displeasure of DD and CV, I thought what if they joined forces?

Say there is an AA cruiser that they want to attack but can't because it would delete the DD and shoot down all the aircraft sent against it. If they worked together the DD could launch a spread of torps while the torpedoe bombers could distract it out of AA range so it might not notice the torp launch.  Then when the torps were closer the DD could start firing it's guns to distract the CL while the TBs  made a bow on torp run making a classic cross torp attack with minimal loss of planes. 

Or if a DD needed to cap the CV could protect the DD with fighter cover and rocket or dive bomb any gunboat DD that would try to take out the capping DD.

I am in no way an expert, or even good,  but it might be something to investigate especially since CVs are going to be in Clan Battles. 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
14,934 posts
9,477 battles
10 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

In reading all the displeasure of DD and CV, I thought what if they joined forces?

Say there is an AA cruiser that they want to attack but can't because it would delete the DD and shoot down all the aircraft sent against it. If they worked together the DD could launch a spread of torps while the torpedoe bombers could distract it out of AA range so it might not notice the torp launch.  Then when the torps were closer the DD could start firing it's guns to distract the CL while the TBs  made a bow on torp run making a classic cross torp attack with minimal loss of planes. 

Or if a DD needed to cap the CV could protect the DD with fighter cover and rocket or dive bomb any gunboat DD that would try to take out the capping DD.

I am in no way an expert, or even good,  but it might be something to investigate especially since CVs are going to be in Clan Battles. 

Hey! Promoting teamwork to overcome obstacles is heresy around here! :Smile_teethhappy:

Nerf X as it was mean to me is more accepted. :Smile_teethhappy:

:Smile_honoring:

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
1,218 posts
5,216 battles

+1 to OP for open heretical beliefs!  :Smile_trollface:

Also for excellent idea. :Smile_great:

[ARGSY]
Members
10,192 posts
6,652 battles
42 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

I thought what if they joined forces?

Nasty cross-torp and damage-stacking potential.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[TCNNA]
Members
769 posts
14,788 battles

This is impossible in random

Can be done if you have team with headset, mike and a lot of experience together.

Regards