You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Manual AA on BB's

5 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
Members
435 posts
9,710 battles

Is it worth putting manual AA on a BB or should hat skill be used on Cruisers and dd's. I'm using currently on my JB but maybe BFT would be a better choice for better DPM.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,626 posts
10,456 battles
10 minutes ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Is it worth putting manual AA on a BB or should hat skill be used on Cruisers and dd's. I'm using currently on my JB but maybe BFT would be a better choice for better DPM.

Eh, considering how long it takes BBs to activate/switch sectors, I don't know if they would benefit much from having the shorter switch time. DDs drop from 5 seconds to 4 and cruisers drop from ten to 8.

I'm sure there are people out there with a much better grasp on the math than me with better feedback though.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,245 posts
6,227 battles

Oh dude, on JB? Yeah, go for BFT. You can spec out Jean Bart for a secondary build that works quite handily and doubles as a soft-AA build simply by virtue of having AFT and BFT. Your AA rating is already good enough that I wouldn't worry too much about actively swapping sectors. Granted, shaving your switch time down to 9.6~ seconds makes swapping more comfortable to be sure, I'm just not sure if it's worth 4 points.

Then again I have a bad habit of ignoring sector reinforcement, so take my advice with a side of salt. And not the angry kind.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,794 posts
11,969 battles

MFCAA drops the swap time by 20%. You also get ±20% sector buff/nerf.

DD goes from 5 to 4 seconds

CL/CA goes from 10 to 8 seconds

BB goes from 12 to 9.6 seconds

CV goes from 15 to 12 seconds

For a ship with good secondaries, BFT and AFT works best IMO as you get the normal secondary buff as the DPS for AA gets buffed. Any BB should sport BoS and/or FP. Both are preferred if you can.