You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MajDestroyer

Appeal for Commander/Dep Commanders' Benefits

11 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
8 battles

Calling All Commanders and Dep Commanders

Letter of Appeal
Dear WG,

A commander of a clan should have certain higher privileges/benefits e.g. an extra percentage for the coal, repair cost or extra percentage for all the resources. Reasons are: 
1.he paid doubloons to set up the clan. The money could have been spent on something else for himself

2.recruit and organize members to play rank and clan battles, making WOWs active

3.motivate and communicate members to become deputy commanders, recruiters-making WOW vibrant and lively.

4.inform/educate absent members who had missed or unaware of the upcoming new events (you can't imagine how much work I have to do to get the clan up and running for the above agendas). A lot of my members don't go to the website to read because they have limited time to spend on the game.

5.dismiss and recruit(the hardest part) new members to replace inactive members

6. In theory, he is a contributor. Half of the time is used to doing the above than playing games.

7. He has to be present full time or login regularly.

The above reasons are all for the benefits of WOWs. Without clan commanders, WOWs has lower benefit received from the setup of a clan. Also, members won't be as active as they will be playing alone and no friends/mates to talk to or play with.

Apart from these, Deputy Commanders should also have higher benefits e.g. something more than recruiters and line officers also. Otherwise, it is just a title with no benefits. Hence, gamers don't feel important or esteem over the title. Dep Commanders are usually the ones who conduct the clan/division battles, so they have their effort/role/responsibilities to make WOWs playing.

Finally, Dep Commander should have different levels of titles/delegation. E.g. 1st Dep Commander, 2nd Dep Commander, and 3rd Dep Commander. This is to help clan commanders recognize who has given the most effort in building/ organize the clan.

It also makes the Commander easy to delegate different appointments according to their contributions, otherwise, everyone is a Dep Commander with no self-esteem or no difference

All of the above proposals are to make WOWs a playable, lively and a vibrant community among gamers. The long-term goal is to cohere the gamers and keep the game going, and not let other games to distract them to play. I already had some members who have left the game for good.

I plead all Commanders and Dep Commanders to support my propositions in the comments below. Thank you all in advance.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[WOLFB]
Beta Testers
127 posts
10,249 battles

Keep in mind that the idea of starting a clan is to either group up your friends and/or to get sufficient players in your clan to grind out the daily oil, so you can build the structures that provide the discounts.  If there was a large enough bonus to Commanders and Deputies, then you would likely get a disproportionate number of clans with 1 or 2 members.  If however, you truly feel that you as a Commander should be entitled to more, then make such use of the new Clan Treasury building and pay yourself extra.  Be warned however, that if your standard clan members see this as you stealing, many will likely bail on your clan.  This was a large enough issue back in World of Tanks that a number of clans imploded over gold theft allegations.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Members
165 posts
643 battles

Can you start by making your post readable on dark mode?

Edited by Ayanami_Kai_Ni

[PVE]
Members
14,936 posts
9,477 battles
4 hours ago, MajDestroyer said:

Calling All Commanders and Dep Commanders

Letter of Appeal
Dear WG,

A commander of a clan should have certain higher privileges/benefits e.g. an extra percentage for the coal, repair cost or extra percentage for all the resources. Reasons are: 
1.he paid doubloons to set up the clan. The money could have been spent on something else for himself

2.recruit and organize members to play rank and clan battles, making WOWs active

3.motivate and communicate members to become deputy commanders, recruiters-making WOW vibrant and lively.

4.inform/educate absent members who had missed or unaware of the upcoming new events (you can't imagine how much work I have to do to get the clan up and running for the above agendas). A lot of my members don't go to the website to read because they have limited time to spend on the game.

5.dismiss and recruit(the hardest part) new members to replace inactive members

6. In theory, he is a contributor. Half of the time is used to doing the above than playing games.

7. He has to be present full time or login regularly.

The above reasons are all for the benefits of WOWs. Without clan commanders, WOWs has lower benefit received from the setup of a clan. Also, members won't be as active as they will be playing alone and no friends/mates to talk to or play with.

Apart from these, Deputy Commanders should also have higher benefits e.g. something more than recruiters and line officers also. Otherwise, it is just a title with no benefits. Hence, gamers don't feel important or esteem over the title. Dep Commanders are usually the ones who conduct the clan/division battles, so they have their effort/role/responsibilities to make WOWs playing.

Finally, Dep Commander should have different levels of titles/delegation. E.g. 1st Dep Commander, 2nd Dep Commander, and 3rd Dep Commander. This is to help clan commanders recognize who has given the most effort in building/ organize the clan.

It also makes the Commander easy to delegate different appointments according to their contributions, otherwise, everyone is a Dep Commander with no self-esteem or no difference

All of the above proposals are to make WOWs a playable, lively and a vibrant community among gamers. The long-term goal is to cohere the gamers and keep the game going, and not let other games to distract them to play. I already had some members who have left the game for good.

I plead all Commanders and Dep Commanders to support my propositions in the comments below. Thank you all in advance.

As a Clan Cmdr who paid 2,500 Doubloons the day before the 1,000 Doubloon sale, I say NO.

Yeah, I spent the Doubloons to set up the clan, but knew why at the start. It was to gather like-minded casual players, so that we can pool the oil for the clan building benefits. PvE Clan has great members who rock the oil wells in co-op. We will shortly have every building but the last two Steel expansions fully built, so will start banking oil for Naval Base 3.0. Well worth the Doubloons IMO.

Besides posting a few times when we started, we are full so recruitment was easy. Heck, we have a waiting list!

I have to do nothing to keep our clan lively. They are an awesome bunch.

Eh, updating the daily message weekly is not a chore. :Smile_teethhappy:

When I started, I laid out the rules for what behavior we expected and what would happen for inactivity, so that's been easy. For me, recruitment has been as simple as posting in the clan sub-forum.

The time to update the clan is not much. Our clan generally keeps up with events and we update each other.

You don't have to be present full time or regularly. That's why there are deputy Cmdrs after all.

Don't get me wrong, I like free stuff a lot, but it's not necessary in this case IMO.

[O7]
Members
1,015 posts
14,165 battles

Any clan in which the leader and officers believe they deserve an extra cut of rewards sounds like a clan with a garbage environment. The treasury will let them dole out rewards as seen fit and in a good clan, this will be communicated and understood.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,200 battles
6 hours ago, MajDestroyer said:

*snipped for brevity*

Maj I like the idea of the officers getting SOMETHING, just not sure what honestly. I have always felt that Clan Commanders should have their own vanity flag denoting their position the way Flag Officers have a flag in the military. Not sure about giving any officers anything but cosmetic rewards to cut down on potential abuse. Vanity flags seem a really good way to reward clan officers IMHO. Maybe a graphic besides their name on the combat roster the way your Rank for playing Ranked battles, used to be displayed could work as well. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[PVE]
Members
14,936 posts
9,477 battles
Just now, Taylor3006 said:

Maj I like the idea of the officers getting SOMETHING, just not sure what honestly. I have always felt that Clan Commanders should have their own vanity flag denoting their position the way Flag Officers have a flag in the military. Not sure about giving any officers anything but cosmetic rewards to cut down on potential abuse. Vanity flags seem a really good way to reward clan officers IMHO. 

Yes, clan cmdrs don't need anything that is not cosmetic. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,200 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yes, clan cmdrs don't need anything that is not cosmetic. 

Here is the flag of a USN fleet admiral:

Flag_of_a_United_States_Navy_fleet_admiral.svg.png

Dang that is big... Sorry. Anyways other navies probably have the same sort of thing but this one is generic enough for all WoWS navies to utilize. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,200 battles

Just did a bit of searching and found this on the EU forums for officer flags:

tCTM45H.png