Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
the_stork

Alexander Overchkin captain

15 comments in this topic

[WAX]
Beta Testers
51 posts
2,142 battles

hello all,

I have finished the Alexander Overchkin campaign back then but did not pay attention what I got.

Today, I realize I only have the Russian Alexander Overchkin Officer. How do I get the US version officer?

Alexander Overchkin also came as a red hockey player. I have neither the Russian one or the US one. What mission did I miss to have him?

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,142 posts
4,934 battles
33 minutes ago, the_stork said:

hello all,

I have finished the Alexander Overchkin campaign back then but did not pay attention what I got.

Today, I realize I only have the Russian Alexander Overchkin Officer. How do I get the US version officer?

Alexander Overchkin also came as a red hockey player. I have neither the Russian one or the US one. What mission did I miss to have him?

You didn't miss anything. He's a special commander that can captain US OR Russian ships.

Members
120 posts
14,782 battles
1 hour ago, Landsraad said:

You didn't miss anything. He's a special commander that can captain US OR Russian ships.

I do believe there were actually TWO Ovie captains.. 1 was campaign and one is collection. Campaign was russian.. Collection is American.

Edited by BirdForce
  • Cool 2

[WAX]
Beta Testers
51 posts
2,142 battles
23 minutes ago, BirdForce said:

I do believe there were actually TWO Ovie captains.. 1 was campaign and one is collection. Campaign was russian.. Collection is American.

I did finish the campaign but only got the Russian officer in uniform captain. No US uniform captain despites the picture in the campaign and no hockey player captain. So, how did you get the hockey captain?

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
1 hour ago, Landsraad said:

There were three, actually. One specifically for Russian ships, one for US and one you had to pay real money for that could captain either. I recall the price on the last one being rather absurd.

The US and Russian specific versions could be earned through gameplay. One was earned through finishing the Great Eight collection but I can't recall which one.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
11 minutes ago, the_stork said:

I did finish the campaign but only got the Russian officer in uniform captain. No US uniform captain despites the picture in the campaign and no hockey player captain. So, how did you get the hockey captain?

I think the US-only Overchkin was from completing a combat mission chain at the time.

Members
120 posts
14,782 battles
5 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

I think the US-only Overchkin was from completing a combat mission chain at the time.

US one is collection.. I know this as I am working on it.. as I never noticed the little  'collect' tab to start collecting again lol.

[MIA-P]
Beta Testers
78 posts
15,853 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/earn-your-greatness/

• Soviet Commander Alexander Ovechkin with 10 skill points and Russian voiceover—obtained for completion of a chain of combat missions (activated upon request).
  • American Commander Alexander Ovechkin with 10 skill points and English voiceover—obtained for completion of a thematic collection that we will tell about below.
  • Binational Commander Alexander Ovechkin in ice hockey uniform with 15 skill points—obtained for completion of a special combat mission found in an event container. He can also be found in the Premium Shop. You can assign him to both Soviet and American ships—wherever you wish. 

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
Just now, BirdForce said:

US one is collection.. I know this as I am working on it.. as I never noticed the little  'collect' tab to start collecting again lol.

Well now I've just gone and made myself confused then.

I guess the Russian one was from the combat missions then. Going to assume that people who didn't 'unlock' the Great Eight collection when the promotion was going can't start it now.|

Like with how the High School Fleet collab ended; if you had already started the collection you were still able to work on completing it but new players couldn't start it.

Members
120 posts
14,782 battles

Yea.. I started the collection and whatever the other one was(campaign or combat mission) before it ended.. Finished the russian one.. But not the american collection.. Didnt pay enough attention to the collection screen to see that I could turn it back on and collect again until earlier in the year.. havent been playing much between when it came out and about a few weeks ago.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
1 minute ago, BirdForce said:

Yea.. I started the collection and whatever the other one was(campaign or combat mission) before it ended.. Finished the russian one.. But not the american collection.. Didnt pay enough attention to the collection screen to see that I could turn it back on and collect again until earlier in the year.. havent been playing much between when it came out and about a few weeks ago.

I have the US Overchkin assigned to my Gearing since his enhanced Survivability Expert comes in handy on her.

Members
120 posts
14,782 battles

Dunno what I'd put mine on.. As I dont touch DDs anymore with how much they get crapped on by CVs. Guess my Mo could use it's own captain.. I dunno

Members
501 posts

There are actually 4 Ovechkin Captains.

Tsar Alexander was Halloween themed and available in a $50 package from the premium shop. Easily missed if you weren't signed into the shop because he wasn't visible otherwise. Tsar Alexander is also bi-national. 

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
6 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

There are actually 4 Ovechkin Captains.

Tsar Alexander was Halloween themed and available in a $50 package from the premium shop. Easily missed if you weren't signed into the shop because he wasn't visible otherwise. Tsar Alexander is also bi-national. 

:Smile_honoring:

I was just about to post mentioning him as the fourth Ovechkin. I only got the RU and US Ovechkin and didn't get either of the bi-national ones. US Ovechkin is going on Gearing and RU Ovechkin is going on Tashkent for me.

[WAX]
Beta Testers
51 posts
2,142 battles
15 hours ago, ScarySnowman said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/earn-your-greatness/

• Soviet Commander Alexander Ovechkin with 10 skill points and Russian voiceover—obtained for completion of a chain of combat missions (activated upon request).
  • American Commander Alexander Ovechkin with 10 skill points and English voiceover—obtained for completion of a thematic collection that we will tell about below.
  • Binational Commander Alexander Ovechkin in ice hockey uniform with 15 skill points—obtained for completion of a special combat mission found in an event container. He can also be found in the Premium Shop. You can assign him to both Soviet and American ships—wherever you wish. 

Thank you everyone for reminding how many captains exist and how to get them. My US captain ended up in one of the ships I did not play for a long time. It was said that the captain is great as a CV captain to provide additional health to planes. I will use him for that purpose.

Sign in to follow this