You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jmerrick343

Premium commander from event

10 comments in this topic

[NAAS]
Members
2 posts
323 battles

`I apologize if this is answered elsewhere, the only things I have found from searching and google are general guides on how regular commanders rank up.

I received a unique/elite commander from an event and im wondering if there is any disadvantage to assigning to a ship other than the premium ship she is specialized for. The commander came with 10 skill points ready to assign, will these disappear when assigning to a non-premium ship or switching from that ship to a different one?

I don't see any rank listed like the others in my reserve that had prior ships already, just an empty xp bar.

Edited by jmerrick343

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,142 posts
4,934 battles
Just now, jmerrick343 said:

I apologize if this is answered elsewhere, the only things I have found from searching and google are guides on how commanders and xp work.

I received a unique/elite commander from an event and im wondering if there is any disadvantage to assigning to a ship other than the premium ship she is specialized for. The commander came with 10 skill points ready to assign, will these disappear when assigning to a non-premium ship or switching from that ship to a different one?

I don't see any rank listed like the others in my reserve that had prior ships already, just an empty xp bar.

Nah, they're just like any other captain of that nation, but with an anime-style portrait and a special voice-over for whatever ship you put them on (you can turn that off in settings).

[NAAS]
Members
2 posts
323 battles
4 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Nah, they're just like any other captain of that nation, but with an anime-style portrait and a special voice-over for whatever ship you put them on (you can turn that off in settings).

Awesome, thanks.

[KNMSU]
Members
5,333 posts
5,553 battles

If you assign her to Hood, on dark, moonless nights, ghost wolves prowl her decks, consuming the flesh of man.

tumblr_o2zaohAAfL1sy2z51o1_400.gif

• Funny 2

[GAMMA]
[GAMMA]
Beta Testers
60 posts
8,163 battles
54 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

..... and a special voice-over for whatever ship you put them on (you can turn that off in settings).

Why would you want to do that? (I admit they do get annoying) Yukikaze's laugh when you hit the speed boost or fire torps does bring a smile to my face though.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,142 posts
4,934 battles
1 minute ago, Raide_Sixx said:

Why would you want to do that? (I admit they do get annoying) Yukikaze's laugh when you hit the speed boost or fire torps does bring a smile to my face though.

Consistency? Wanting to understand what call-outs you're hearing? I already have a sound mod I like, why would I drop that in favor of this?

*shrugs* I'm just letting the guy know it's an option.

[CSALT]
Members
922 posts
1 hour ago, Raide_Sixx said:

She goes insane when the torpedoes hit somethimg!

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
5 hours ago, Landsraad said:

Consistency? Wanting to understand what call-outs you're hearing? I already have a sound mod I like, why would I drop that in favor of this?

*shrugs* I'm just letting the guy know it's an option.

Eh, I don't miss the call outs as I usually know already what happened to make her talk in Japanese to me from the icons and effects. I do find their excitability to amuse me and I think that it is the ARP Bear that has an evil laugh at times. 

I do kind of miss Steven Ambien Seagall for his deadpan delivery as a counterpoint for the anime girls losing it when you get set on fire. :Smile_teethhappy:

You are very right to point out the option to turn off the anime for those who don't like it. The collaborations haven't interested me in anime, but I more than doubled my knowledge of anime, which wasn't hard since I knew so little, since joining WoWs and getting the ARP ships. I've looked at the source material just to see what it was about, but have not become an anime fan, so it still worked somewhat. IIRC, aren't Azure Lane the ones who skate on water and fight? Anyway it's a hilariously silly concept that makes me laugh.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,359 posts
6,766 battles
56 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

IIRC, aren't Azure Lane the ones who skate on water and fight? Anyway it's a hilariously silly concept that makes me laugh.

Kantai Collection did that as well from the little I've seen, but whatev's. It's silly fun for those who find it amusing, and if it feeds me free 10-point captains I'm not going to object.

6 hours ago, Battleship_Elisabeth said:

If you assign her to Hood, on dark, moonless nights, ghost wolves prowl her decks, consuming the flesh of man.

Things you learn in this game. I would never have known. :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Kantai Collection did that as well from the little I've seen, but whatev's. It's silly fun for those who find it amusing, and if it feeds me free 10-point captains I'm not going to object.

Oh yes. The ARP cmdrs meant that all my IJN ships have a 10pt cmdr waiting for me to get the ship.