You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bigs_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Yamato Accuracy changed since last patch?

10 comments in this topic

Members
77 posts
11,622 battles

I, along with several clan members and in game contacts, recently noticed some weirdness going on with Yamato and its accuracy. 

I'm not really sure how to explain it other than, the ships just not accurate since last patch.

I did a test bed by taking yamato into a training room against 12 ships, mix of T10 cruisers and Battleships. I then fired 3x salvos at each target ship, which was set to sit still, from 17km, 12km, then 8km.

I equipped the yamato with aiming systems mod 1, and the legendary modification. 

In the training session, i boated to the broadside of all targets to ensure optimal hitting chances and aimed at the citadel for each target. 

I did this in two sessions to see an average. 

The results were concerning...

The first game I ended up firing all three guns, generating 297 shots 197 were hits. Before the session of 20mins ended. I achieved 550k damage...but achieved only 15x citadels. 

Second session I fired 300x shots, 210 hits. 16x citadels were achieved. 520K damage was achieved. 

I then switched the battleship to the Montana, with aiming systems mod 1, and its legendary mod. Also, for a better 1-1 comparison, I only fired 3x main guns to mimic the yamato's 3x main guns. 

I generated 209 shots, 115 hits, and produced 15x citadels. The session ended abruptly in 15mins since I outright obliterated enough bbs and cruisers to drop the enemy bots team points to zero. 

In a second session with montana, I fired 180 shots. 17x citadels. Again, the session ended abruptly, this time at 13mins. I took a little longer to get in position this time around, and make sure only to fire 3x main guns. 

This is where im concerned... the yammy is suppose to be "the most accurate" with a "higher chance to citadel". At least this is what's touted. 

Before the rework, id totally agree. If you had the aim, you could produce reliable citadels. 

Post rework patch, it definitely doesn't appear as reliable in my testing. I mean... the montana seems to hit the mark (citadel) much more reliably, and it doesn't even have the same levels of accuracy as the yamato. 

Again... im not the only one noticing this. 

Are we just coo-coo for cocoa puffs here, or has yammy's accuracy been nerfed? Or is this just a fluke and everything is normal? Can someone explain why this might he happening? We just want confirmation as to whether we are or are not crazy here regarding this topic. 

Edited by Bigs_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Members
3,930 posts
8,487 battles

They have to know that gratuitously, or otherwise. nerfing the Yamato, will bring on a shite-storm in the forums so I doubt it.

That said, they do look at stats and make some decisions and ride it out re the howls of protest.

The Yamato is the alpha-predator on there so many ways... pls don't sink her down into the hyena-pack.

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers, Modder
5,783 posts
7,156 battles

I played the Yamato last night in 3 games in clan matches and had no issues with dispersion. All games were in the 100K+ range with consistent citadel performance.

[RKLES]
Members
8,930 posts
10,828 battles

@Bigs_Destroyer_of_Worlds Were you as well as the others you mentioned using the Aiming module on Yamato? Because that really helps the accuracy. I have not gotten a chance to use the Yammy since the update yet, but other question would be if the Aiming module was having its effects be active or not assuming you are using it. Because with IJN long range fire the lack of the Aiming mid on the ships can make their dispersion be a little wacky at times. 

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
62 posts
5,515 battles

I've found no difference in the accuracy, even without the legendary mod.

[KRAB]
Members
773 posts
7,239 battles

IJN dispersion is worse than USN at 8km, and maybe worse out to 13km with the 11% mod on the Montana. The Yamato also has slightly faster shells with a lower trajectory, so it may have trouble scoring citadels on ships with underwater or waterline citadel placement. 

The Yamato is best at countering bow-tanking by overmatching 32mm plating - if it had 457mm guns instead of 460mm guns it would be significantly worse than the Montana as a battleship. It's ONLY gimmick is overmatch and to a small degree the 2.1 sigma. 

• Cool 1

Members
77 posts
11,622 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

@Bigs_Destroyer_of_Worlds Were you as well as the others you mentioned using the Aiming module on Yamato? Because that really helps the accuracy. I have not gotten a chance to use the Yammy since the update yet, but other question would be if the Aiming module was having its effects be active or not assuming you are using it. Because with IJN long range fire the lack of the Aiming mid on the ships can make their dispersion be a little wacky at times. 

I had the aiming systems mod 1 and the legendary unique upgrade. 

4 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

IJN dispersion is worse than USN at 8km, and maybe worse out to 13km with the 11% mod on the Montana. The Yamato also has slightly faster shells with a lower trajectory, so it may have trouble scoring citadels on ships with underwater or waterline citadel placement. 

The Yamato is best at countering bow-tanking by overmatching 32mm plating - if it had 457mm guns instead of 460mm guns it would be significantly worse than the Montana as a battleship. It's ONLY gimmick is overmatch and to a small degree the 2.1 sigma. 

I did notice that under 12km is where montana reliably citadels with no issues, even better at 8km. 

I did run the aim mod 1 and accuracy upgrade on the montana. 

Yamato seemed to get worse at these ranges in my test, and two other tests done by in game friends. However it reliably citadeled at 12+km ranges. Ergo, long range, where montana didnt.

[P2W]
Members
212 posts
8,940 battles
4 hours ago, MaxL_1023 said:

And of course it makes no sense in the real world that an extra 3mm of shell size on a 460mm shell (roughly 0.6%) makes all the difference between getting a penetration on a steel plate that is just over an inch thick. I understand that this is a game mechanic to make some ships different than others, but it goes against common sense.

[TBOW]
Members
297 posts
3,752 battles

I’ve found it’s dispersion to be odd. I got her post rework and got the leg mod via ironium, I’ve had several 200+k damage games but I was pushing a bit more and was therefor closer to targets. It’s happened a few times now where there is a sitting still broadside Minotaur whose smoke disappears and I’ll fire at them thinking an insta delete. Waterline, midship, 6 guns firing at him. 1 bounce is what I get. My clan mates have also complained about yammy’s Dispersion in clan battles when the guns act like they aren’t focused on target and get max dispersion resulting in a ship that should’ve been killed still sailing 

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertester
4,369 posts
6,407 battles

I haven't noticed any major changes.