You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_greifer

Liquidator - have you earned once since the flooding rework

17 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
775 posts
6,779 battles

Ello all, just a quick query if anyone has earned the liquidator achievement since the flooding rework?

This was not a common achievement before the flooding rework but at least you knew when you got some floods on a dcp'd target that you had a chance. 

With floods only at 30 seconds maximum (though stacked to two) I've found that flooding is dcp'd prior to earning this and that then subsequent torp strikes will remove the target with alpha damage. 

Does this achievement need modifications on the parameters to earn it?

[SYN]
Members
3,378 posts
16,230 battles

I thought the reason for the nerf was that no BB should flood to death ever again and the Liquidator counter to stand still as a testament to those that had fallen..........

My last one was in Feb

Edited by Camo68

[WORX]
Members
3,443 posts
14,789 battles

*sarcasm* Liquidator ? What is that ? IS that even part of the battle achievements anymore ?

In total I have 45 liquidator... The last one was very long time ago since the buff to D/C, it was already hard to get one.

[WOLFB]
Members
276 posts
5,736 battles

To this day I've only ever earned Liquidator 9 times and sadly i can't even remember the last time I got one.

I did however did see a CV get one today during a match...

Spoiler

this-is-fine.0.thumb.jpg.a6683177b258984034a3ac35395261b5.jpg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,418 posts
10,935 battles

I don't have a screen shot but I did it with my Implacable.

[A_C_F]
Members
201 posts
3,193 battles

Once.  It was an afk BB in the spawn was able to get floodings on it through out the match.

Members
3,208 posts
3,524 battles

I've gotten one after the rework. I believe it was when I was sailing in Hatsuharu and torp'ed the a Hood a few times. What I find amusing though is that in all my battles I still have yet to ever get a witherer medal. 

[S-N-D]
Members
2,383 posts
6,621 battles
1 hour ago, _greifer said:

Ello all, just a quick query if anyone has earned the liquidator achievement since the flooding rework?

This was not a common achievement before the flooding rework but at least you knew when you got some floods on a dcp'd target that you had a chance. 

With floods only at 30 seconds maximum (though stacked to two) I've found that flooding is dcp'd prior to earning this and that then subsequent torp strikes will remove the target with alpha damage. 

Does this achievement need modifications on the parameters to earn it?

1 time and 1 time only. I play CVs exclusively pretty much. I don't even really see flooding damage to be honest but ever so occasionally. 

[SYN]
Members
3,378 posts
16,230 battles

Working as intended

image.jpeg.d960bcee0caee3b8c7c4fc26633f2bae.jpeg

[S-N-D]
Members
2,383 posts
6,621 battles
7 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Working as intended

image.jpeg.d960bcee0caee3b8c7c4fc26633f2bae.jpeg

That's just sad. In a game about ships surrounded by sea water and armaments punching holes into those ships the least threatening part of the battle is flooding. Stalin approves.

Members
6,918 posts
3,103 battles
2 minutes ago, _Caliph_ said:

That's just sad. In a game about ships surrounded by sea water and armaments punching holes into those ships the least threatening part of the battle is flooding. Stalin approves.

You also overlooked one detail: in a game about ships surrounded by sea water, ships are burning down to the water line.

• Cool 1

[S-N-D]
Members
2,383 posts
6,621 battles
2 minutes ago, 10T0nHammer said:

You also overlooked one detail: in a game about ships surrounded by sea water, ships are burning down to the water line.

hahau-are-funny-go-to-gulag.jpg

Edited by _Caliph_

[HOTEL]
Members
2,018 posts
7,081 battles

Liquidator was always a stupid medal because it's 100% RNG dependent. You can't time enemies using DCP when your torps are already in the water. The other problem is that most of the people bad enough to flood out are also bad enough to take 3-4 torps from a salvo and don't take enough damage from flooding for you to earn a liquidator, even if they flood out and die.

[WORX]
Members
3,443 posts
14,789 battles
1 minute ago, awildseaking said:

Liquidator was always a stupid medal because it's 100% RNG dependent. You can't time enemies using DCP when your torps are already in the water. The other problem is that most of the people bad enough to flood out are also bad enough to take 3-4 torps from a salvo and don't take enough damage from flooding for you to earn a liquidator, even if they flood out and die.

I disagree with this analogy...

You could time it, with the D/C cool down buff it was shorter but it can be done. You didn't depend on NG either, before the flood to torp ratio nerfs to current levels. It was 2 torp hits to 1 flood.

Even if the moduale section was DMG sat, you hit the same spot two times you get a flood.

Now, forget it.

I think liquidator is only for CV if they're fortunate.

[HOTEL]
Members
2,018 posts
7,081 battles
2 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

I disagree with this analogy...

You could time it, with the D/C cool down buff it was shorter but it can be done. You didn't depend on NG either, before the flood to torp ratio nerfs to current levels. It was 2 torp hits to 1 flood.

Even if the moduale section was DMG sat, you hit the same spot two times you get a flood.

Now, forget it.

I think liquidator is only for CV if they're fortunate.

I can count the number of times I've flooded out on one hand. I also believe I have <10 liquidators lifetime. That says a lot about the reality of torpedoes and where damage comes from in this game.