11 comments in this topic

[WOLF5]
Members
2,030 posts
2,780 battles

Spotify has been suggesting songs from the band Sabaton recently, and tonight I got interested enough to look deeper. First song on Youtube I listened to was Bismark.

First thought was that the Bismark model looked a lot like the one in WOWS. Then I have a double take when I hear my 6" Seattle guns start going off. WTH? No I'm not running the game. Odd, could they have pulled the sounds from WOWS? Further in, yeah, that's definitely the gun and torpedo noises from WOWS. Must be a collab right?

Sure enough, in the description, "produced by Wargaming." What? how old is this band? Wikipedia - 1999. Apparently the band's main topic is WWI and II. Bismark is a single produced by WG! Well, never expected that. The Bismark model isn't pulled directly, they definitely touched it up. But all the other ships (including CVs) are pretty much identifiable. 

So guess WG is in the music business now. So did I miss an announcement (it released on April 22), or was there no mention of it? Would expect something like that to be on the website at least.

Fun collab, never expected it though.

[WOLF5]
Members
2,030 posts
2,780 battles
2 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

They've been collaborating for quite a while now.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:S23_Strv_81_sabaton 

Ah, you know, I recall seeing that announced, didn't think much of it at the time as I don't play WOT. Guess they've branched out now. Still strange that there was nothing on the WOWS page.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,908 posts
10,907 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

Ah, you know, I recall seeing that announced, didn't think much of it at the time as I don't play WOT. Guess they've branched out now. Still strange that there was nothing on the WOWS page.

They did, it just got buried by the monthly announcements

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/sabaton-bismarck-music-video/

Now, what I need is some camo for my Bismarck, with the band logo, polished aluminum diamond plate on the turrets, the band playing on turret 2 in port, and theme music.

[WOLF5]
Members
2,030 posts
2,780 battles
11 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

They did, it just got buried by the monthly announcements

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/sabaton-bismarck-music-video/

Now, what I need is some camo for my Bismarck, with the band logo, polished aluminum diamond plate on the turrets, the band playing on turret 2 in port, and theme music.

I could definitely get behind that camo.

And that story must have been really buried, I keep a pretty close eye on the news page. Guess not close enough.

I am bothered by the fact that the Bismark's opening salvos are given the 6" cruiser gun sounds...

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,399 posts
10,935 battles
19 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I could definitely get behind that camo.

And that story must have been really buried, I keep a pretty close eye on the news page. Guess not close enough.

I am bothered by the fact that the Bismark's opening salvos are given the 6" cruiser gun sounds...

I think they used more muted sounds to not over power the band.

They have to be the strangest rock combination there ever was, metal + history + awesome.

Alpha Tester
5,887 posts
2,873 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

They have to be the strangest rock combination there ever was, metal + history + awesome.

While it's still awesome nonetheless, it's nothing new if you're an Iron Maiden fan. They were making history-themed metal songs when Sabaton were in diapers.

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,399 posts
10,935 battles
14 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

While it's still awesome nonetheless, it's nothing new if you're an Iron Maiden fan. They were making history-themed metal songs when Sabaton were in diapers.

Very true but not to the extreme that Sabaton has taken it.

Alpha Tester
5,887 posts
2,873 battles
13 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Very true but not to the extreme that Sabaton has taken it.

Actually, they have. One of their albums, called A Matter of Life and Death, was about wars and religion throughout history. Though not officially a conceptual piece, it was one in most respects.

I do see your point, though. However, that's not to say that Iron Maiden haven't taken themes and ideas very far before. On top of history, Iron Maiden have made several songs that tie in closely to classic poetry/literature, in particular the King Arthur mythos.

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,399 posts
10,935 battles
13 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Actually, they have. One of their albums, called A Matter of Life and Death, was about wars and religion throughout history. Though not officially a conceptual piece, it was one in most respects.

I do see your point, though. However, that's not to say that Iron Maiden haven't taken themes and ideas very far before. On top of history, Iron Maiden have made several songs that tie in closely to classic poetry/literature, in particular the King Arthur mythos.

Ah, I didn't know that, they are a band I know some songs but never experienced their albums. To be honest my metal interest lies farther back than Iron Maiden.

Like this,

Yeah, I'm old. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
5,887 posts
2,873 battles
21 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Ah, I didn't know that, they are a band I know some songs but never experienced their albums. To be honest my metal interest lies farther back than Iron Maiden.

Like this,

Yeah, I'm old. :Smile_trollface:

Nice. I've got a copy of Machine Head on vinyl that's due to come in to my local record shop any day now.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.