You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Raigoth

Which do you prefer!

10 comments in this topic

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
534 posts

For gaining points that is. 

Coop, or Randoms?

Members
3,921 posts
8,419 battles

Good question. I understand those who prefer Coop.; slower point accrue rate but less stress and does not impact your overall WR. For myself my attitude has always been *damn the torpedoes* and push ahead in Random, and get the rewards for it, or not. I'm a 50-51%-er and am ok with that. I would play the same even lower. I want the agony and ecstasy of playing actual people, not bots. But I have nothing snide to say about Coop players. Whatever floats your boat.

"Gaining points" you mentioned in your query... yes that is a big part of it, but also matching wits with human opponents. I am pushing 8000 battles on here and I imagine 100 or so of those were Coop.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,275 posts
10,908 battles

If you are talking about Honor & Glory coop can be batter because of the fast turn over. If you are talking about leveling ships and captains even with the slower turn over randoms and Scenarios are best particularly if you have flags & camouflages that help.

[T-SEC]
[T-SEC]
Beta Testers
534 posts
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

If you are talking about Honor & Glory coop can be batter because of the fast turn over. If you are talking about leveling ships and captains even with the slower turn over randoms and Scenarios are best particularly if you have flags & camouflages that help.

Oh im not really worried about experience and stuff like that, just gaining points. I wonder if anyone has done the math on what might be faster...

[FML]
Members
2,463 posts
11,866 battles
15 minutes ago, Raigoth said:

Oh im not really worried about experience and stuff like that, just gaining points. I wonder if anyone has done the math on what might be faster...

I think it really depends.

For the Honour and Glory campaign, running many coop battles will be faster if you are an average player.

But the only way to complete the more difficult ‘winning team’ points would be doing very well in ransoms, where you get awards like first blood, kraken etc. it’s those medals that print points, whether win or lose. 

So, it’s up to you. 

[HELLS]
Members
2,034 posts
19,420 battles

Randoms are faster, Co-op is easier. Not being an IJN fan, I am grinding up the gunboat side of the DD line almost enirely in Co-op because I got Hatsuharu as a booby prize at one point, and it took off from there. Currently in Akizuki grinding to Kitikaze, halfway there. Same for the BBs. I got Fuso as a booby prize and played it a fair bit but the IJN has always been a back burner to do when there is nothing better. I ground Nagato in Fuso, mostly in Co-op, and am currently 26,000 FXP from Yamato as I don't intend to get Amagi and Izumo. I ground all of the special upgrades for my T10s in Co-op for the most part. I might play 12 to 15 Randoms a week now, at most, and the rest of the time I slum with the bots...

[A-I-M]
Members
1,603 posts
8,643 battles
1 hour ago, Raigoth said:

Well, if you're at 50/50 win rate player, co-op will be faster. Co-op games go about twice as fast, maybe faster, and you win almost all of them, so points accrual should be much faster in coop.

Co-op also hands out mission tasks like randoms do.

However, co-ops don’t provide heroic or honorable achievements, so that can close the gap.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
Fat fingers
  • Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,112 posts
4,926 battles

I like both, but I prefer randoms. The bots just get predictable and boring, plus they're always naked with no flags or weird builds or anything like that. Just fully upgraded ship with with its standard stats doing standard things. It's fun every once in a while, and there are some ships I prefer to take out in co-op (Mikasa Meme-kasa anyone?), but randoms just have more life to them to me.

I mean no offense to anyone who mains co-op of course, if that's your jam then rock on, it's just how I personally feel.

[TDRB]
Members
2,500 posts
7,240 battles
2 hours ago, Raigoth said:

For gaining points that is. 

Coop, or Randoms?

For the Honor or Glory teams,  the op Aegis has made it easy. Newport station may not be as easy. I haven't tried randoms but I do feel it is easier to win, sink ships & complete the special assignments in coops which negates the higher point awarded in randoms.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,603 posts
8,643 battles
54 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

I like both, but I prefer randoms. The bots just get predictable and boring, plus they're always naked with no flags or weird builds or anything like that.... I mean no offense to anyone who mains co-op of course, if that's your jam then rock on, it's just how I personally feel.

I’m a PVP main, but the spectre of big losing streaks busting up an entire night’s effort to get points, spurs me to co-op for guaranteed points.

Watching so many hapless teams and players in randoms, makes randoms such a lamentable experience, even without the points.