6 comments in this topic

[FAGA]
Members
528 posts
4,935 battles

We all had games where things do not start out well and then get worse...

Some may be tempted to give up and leave the game early paying with pink.

Others take a good sip of coffee and start getting serious.

Lets see some of those never give up results.

Here is mine from the other day in a T3 Turenne:

turenne-00.thumb.jpg.94d5e30bab029f47c8ebaf927d3ed416.jpg

Not a good sight even in CO-OP :-)

turenne-01.thumb.jpg.821a1c718b70f63ad47d2037acc7456b.jpg

turenne-02.jpg

Lucky me had a serious DD player on my side!

turenne-03.jpg

turenne-04.jpg

In case you care to see the video :

Edited by freggo
content correction
  • Cool 1

Members
3,917 posts
8,387 battles

Um ok.but you would have had a far easier time with the original Danton: her unusual array of rapid-firing secondary guns, 6 x 9 inch per side, would make her very effective against enemy cruisers and destroyers.

Bring on the original Danton.

And here is my thread on pre-dreadnoughts and dreadnoughts:

Edited by Stauffenberg44

[FAGA]
Members
528 posts
4,935 battles
12 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Um ok.but you would have had a far easier time with the original Danton: her unusual array of rapid-firing secondary guns, 6 x 9 inch per side, would make her very effective against enemy cruisers and destroyers.

To hell with the Turenne, bring on the original Danton.

That would only work as long as WG does not introduce U-Boats :-)

[ARGSY]
Members
10,145 posts
6,627 battles
15 hours ago, freggo said:

Lets see some of those never give up results.

I didn't take screenshots and the replay was a couple of updates ago, but I had a similar Turenne game where I fought it out to the very end. Beyond my end, actually, but my last opponent burned down to his doom and I was fortunate to have the assistance of a light cruiser whose captain was not particularly effective in his own right, but who made the absolutely stellar contribution of staying alive so that my death didn't result in a loss.

Who's seen Dunkirk? Remember the bit right at the end when the blind old soldier congratulates the two recently-rescued British soldiers. One of them bitterly says "All we did was survive." Blind old soldier replies, "That's good enough."

[FAGA]
Members
528 posts
4,935 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

...but who made the absolutely stellar contribution of staying alive so that my death didn't result in a loss. 

Who's seen Dunkirk? Remember the bit right at the end when the blind old soldier congratulates the two recently-rescued British soldiers. One of them bitterly says "All we did was survive." Blind old soldier replies, "That's good enough."

Quite a few players have not figured out that, when you are almost out of HP, playing hero in a suicide run is not the smartest move.

Better to find a quiet place behind an island and stay alive so your team does not loose on points because of you getting killed.