You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sgt_Something_

Will Wargaming Bring Back The Old Way of Playing CVs?

65 comments in this topic

Members
25 posts
1,214 battles

I had the game since Beta. Ever since then I've been playing mostly carriers. I love how you can take out multiple squads and attack different targets making the carrier the most important ship in battle. The carriers before the update were like beehives, sending out bees to attack multiple targets. Now, its like shooting a shotgun, send one squad to attack one target, *pumps* send another squad to attack the same or a different target. (I don't know the system) You get the point. Was the update meant for consoles? Then tell the console players to hook up mouse and keyboard. If they can't get one, buy one at Best Buy or order online from Amazon they're cheap. Here are the links:

Keyboard:

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-KU-0833-Wired-Keyboard/dp/B005EOWBHC?ref_=Oct_BSellerC_12879431_2&pf_rd_p=24ad9d66-08e2-53a1-b814-af207153cb9b&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=12879431&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=BR3YSTDKQJC1M9MM8QTE&pf_rd_r=BR3YSTDKQJC1M9MM8QTE&pf_rd_p=24ad9d66-08e2-53a1-b814-af207153cb9b

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-usb-keyboard-black/5709661.p?skuId=5709661

Mouse:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-wired-optical-mouse-black/6164927.p?skuId=6164927

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-3-Button-Wired-Mouse-Black/dp/B005EJH6RW?ref_=Oct_BSellerC_11036491_1&pf_rd_p=97768c1c-41f9-5a3f-8aed-0e2e8cc9a4a5&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=11036491&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=V6BNKYTB0BS9SD1HA1TZ&pf_rd_r=V6BNKYTB0BS9SD1HA1TZ&pf_rd_p=97768c1c-41f9-5a3f-8aed-0e2e8cc9a4a5

Another question is why did they get rid of odd tier carriers? The Independence-Class and Essex-Class carriers are the most important carriers in WW2? Can tier 10 be the Essex?

Anyone remembers when the Midway had F2Hs? Good times it was.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[-ARP-]
Members
13 posts
6,234 battles

as much as i love this post crap would really REALLY have to hit the fan for them to go back to the RTS system, as much as id love for them to do that.

Edited by ArcticWolf2

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts

Every bit as likely as Warplanes reverting to 1.x. :Smile_amazed:

Edited by mavfin87

[OO7]
Members
4,234 posts
10,898 battles
Just now, mavfin87 said:

Every bit as likely as Warplanes reverting to 1.x. :Smile_amazed:

As likely as WoWP actually becoming relevant.... :D

• Funny 2

[A_C_F]
Members
196 posts
3,193 battles

Oh... I would love to go back to the old RTS style.  I would love to remind everyone what CV's used to be capable of.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,236 posts
10,899 battles

8ball.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,010 posts
6,976 battles

Short answer?  No.

Longer answer?  No way.

• Funny 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,003 posts
5,775 battles

of course,then you will regret wishing for that FOREVER when my graf zep turn your full hp BB in to scrap in one strike.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
2 minutes ago, Sgt_Something_ said:

Why did they get rid of the odd tier carriers?

I think it was something about having half as many to balance.  I heard they're going to bring back the odd tiers at some point, as some other permutation...or something???  :Smile_sceptic:

Modder
1,181 posts
1 minute ago, Sgt_Something_ said:

*comes back as premiums*

The plan is currently to bring them back as an alternate line with a slightly different playstyle.

• Cool 2

[-VT-]
Members
508 posts
7,791 battles

*comes back as premiums*

They did show the odd tier CVs coming back in some graphic, but at tiers 4, 6, 8, and 10 with a new CV filling the gap, like Yorktown for the US line. 

[WORX]
Members
3,270 posts
14,695 battles

No No! Dont bring back the toxic cvs of  RTS... Just revert back every CV change, revert all the flood DMG nerf change to patch 0.8.0 and start over.

Its not hard. WOWS being WOWS, they're going to do what they feel fit against the best suggestions/advice of the community... We have to play/live with their bad ideas/bad game balance decisions. (with good intentions).

They still haven't addressed the CV problem yet, nor any other ship balance issues for that matter.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Boring 1

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles

I dislike the old CVs and AA systems. I definitely hope they don't. The old CVs had too much map-wide spotting and alpha potential compared to the current DoT and chip-damage based 0.8 CVs.

• Cool 1

Members
1,207 posts
6,718 battles

Why is it that so often, the call for a need to create a so-called balance means taking the game in a downward spiral? This is a reoccurring theme with WG, no matter whether it's WoWP or WoWS. They keep tinkering with the game until they break it.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts

No. Never going to happen. Either adapt or quit the game.

• Boring 2

[ZR]
Beta Testers
126 posts
8,405 battles

Both versions of CVs are bad,  it’s like choosing between lung cancer and colon cancer. The  fact is they have a net negative  impact on the game.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts

They would have to once again, do yet another refund, as they have sold premium CVs under the reworked play style.  That is not going to happen any time soon and very likely never again.

All other things aside, the premium sales alone and a gigantic no.

That said, with the number of CVs now in players hands, the one shot cross drop torp kills would send players into a fit several octaves above what is currently happening.

Modder
1,181 posts
4 minutes ago, Sgt_Something_ said:

Different playstyles such as?

We don't know yet. I guess possibly a more team support based line rather than strike-focused.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,633 posts

Can WG implement a way to at least have multiple squads in the air?

How would you control more than one squad at a time?

The only answer to that is a "RTS" playstyle, which is what they removed.  The did this, partially, for the console versions of the game that now exist.

Members
1,207 posts
6,718 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

They would have to once again, do yet another refund, as they have sold premium CVs under the reworked play style.  That is not going to happen any time soon and very likely never again.

All other things aside, the premium sales alone and a gigantic no.

I would be willing to wager that CV's will be nerfed to oblivion and captains like you will be on this forum complaining to high heaven about it.

Want to know why I am so certain of that? It's WG's MO, that's what they do. it's just a matter of time. Enjoy the CV's while you can.