You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ron4ja

29k plane damage squat reward

35 comments in this topic

[ACES_]
Beta Testers
339 posts
4,470 battles

In my yugumo the other day i got 22 plane kills and 29k plane damage. Zero ship damage and got squat for rewards. Make plane damage equal to ship damage and i wouldn,t mind dying in first 7 minutes if i can take a bunch of planes down with me. And at the risk of the cv mafia roasting me would limiting the the theater of operations of planes to within hard cap from the cv work. The cv would have to move up into the danger zone to be effective, cv could spot cv. Cv would need control of their ships again. Many cv already operate in the danger zone and die when spotted. Cv will benefit from being closer to battle with faster turn around. We would be closer to balance if we brought cv closer to battle and it wouldn,t cripple the here to stay cv.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,062 posts
6,203 battles

Trouble is, CV's are easily killed once spotted, and they are easy to spot.

You should get xp for shooting down planes.....if you actually did something to shoot them down. Problem is AA is not player controlled....although it should be. Even something as simple as switching main guns from surface combat to AA mode.

If you think of it, its kinda silly that your main guns can be shooting at planes while shooting a ship at the SAME TIME....

[SHAFT]
Members
464 posts
12,699 battles
6 minutes ago, Ron4ja said:

In my yugumo the other day i got 22 plane kills and 29k plane damage. Zero ship damage and got squat for rewards. Make plane damage equal to ship damage and i wouldn,t mind dying in first 7 minutes if i can take a bunch of planes down with me. And at the risk of the cv mafia roasting me would limiting the the theater of operations of planes to within hard cap from the cv work. The cv would have to move up into the danger zone to be effective, cv could spot cv. Cv would need control of their ships again. Many cv already operate in the danger zone and die when spotted. Cv will benefit from being closer to battle with faster turn around. We would be closer to balance if we brought cv closer to battle and it wouldn,t cripple the here to stay cv.

Its a tough life playing a dd in the current meta. I had a similar scenario a while back myself, thing is I was still able to make some coin and xp with my Wooster basically killing planes but next to nothing damage. Screenshot below.

shot-19.03.01_23.02.03-0232.jpg

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
2,455 posts
1 hour ago, Ron4ja said:

Take the cit away, triple the up pool then maybe.

You know what happeneds when thr cv is spotted? Every gun is traind and one shot half health. Yea the cv stays in the back and you would to.

If the entire red team would not shoot the second it sees it then maybe. 

On that note the only use for moving forward is watching every red ship turn broadside to the green team and cit hits then blaming the cv for there stupid moves.

[A_C_F]
Members
196 posts
3,193 battles
1 hour ago, Ron4ja said:

I agree that plane damage and kills should amount to something.  Greater exp/reward/credits something, maybe even incentive people choosing more AA traits and modules.  If you shoot down my planes you should be rewarded.

As far as your other suggestion I have to disagree.  Once were spotted we have no defense other than our aircraft.  Every ship on the map trains their guns on us to take us out.  We don't last very long.  Some CV's already move into the "danger zone" by getting close to center of the map behind an island to reduce flight time.

[CSALT]
Members
912 posts
1 hour ago, hipcanuck said:

I don't believe this is as true as it once was.  The new CVs are pretty survivable.

[CLAWS]
Beta Testers
105 posts
8,211 battles
19 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

I don't believe this is as true as it once was.  The new CVs are pretty survivable.

They don't burn, have a minute long damage con, and apparently unarmored decks can bounce long range yammy fire....

[A_C_F]
Members
196 posts
3,193 battles
35 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

They can tank quite a bit of damage but still have a citadel.  I had a dev strike on a full health Implacable on my Jean Bart, 6 citadels, after our CV spotted him.  The ship was stationary and I was surprised it happened.  I shed a tear since I'm also a CV player.

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
57 minutes ago, HeadSplit120 said:

I agree that plane damage and kills should amount to something.  Greater exp/reward/credits something, maybe even incentive people choosing more AA traits and modules.  If you shoot down my planes you should be rewarded.

Spotting, AA, and Potential Damage all need to count toward your XP/Credit gain. Full stop.

[GOB]
Members
298 posts
2 hours ago, hipcanuck said:

You should get xp for shooting down planes.....if you actually did something to shoot them down. Problem is AA is not player controlled....although it should be. Even something as simple as switching main guns from surface combat to AA mode.

If you think of it, its kinda silly that your main guns can be shooting at planes while shooting a ship at the SAME TIME....

You should get ALL of the AA credit.  So what if it's automatic.  You used major XP and Credits to get it... Hours of play to get your captain points to make it better and you EARNED it.

[CSALT]
Members
912 posts
26 minutes ago, HeadSplit120 said:

They can tank quite a bit of damage but still have a citadel.  I had a dev strike on a full health Implacable on my Jean Bart, 6 citadels, after our CV spotted him.  The ship was stationary and I was surprised it happened.  I shed a tear since I'm also a CV player.

Yes, that is what I meant.  DD and even cruiser guns can have difficulty with them same tier or higher.  I cornered a tier VIII CV the other day and 88 shells did ~8k damage.

[ODIN]
Members
1,312 posts
3,206 battles
1 hour ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Yes, that is what I meant.  DD and even cruiser guns can have difficulty with them same tier or higher.  I cornered a tier VIII CV the other day and 88 shells did ~8k damage.

It really depends on the situation and ships involved. CVs disintegrate with the right shells and angles, but can be a pain to kill otherwise. They're giant, but they do have some amount of armour.

• Cool 1

[NATO]
Beta Testers
2,062 posts
6,203 battles
2 hours ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

It depends really. T10 CV's are very sturdy and quite frankly OP, the rest are pretty fragile.

[A_C_F]
Members
196 posts
3,193 battles
2 hours ago, WuYixiang said:

Spotting, AA, and Potential Damage all need to count toward your XP/Credit gain. Full stop.

Absolutely.  I feel anything that you do that contributes to your team winning in any way should be rewarded.

[IDFK]
Members
54 posts
2,072 battles
34 minutes ago, hipcanuck said:

It depends really. T10 CV's are very sturdy and quite frankly OP, the rest are pretty fragile.

T8 are extremely survivable as well, just can't survive ap from within 10km.  The only issue is actually getting into a range where your ap is flat enough to smack into their broadside, otherwise even T4 CV's can survive for a surprising amount of time against dd's and cruisers closing into range as long as they're running in the opposite direction of them. 

4 hours ago, jags_domain said:

You know what happeneds when thr cv is spotted? Every gun is traind and one shot half health. Yea the cv stays in the back and you would to.

The retooling of their base survivability and the fact they are generally hiding away in the back mitigates a lot of damage.  To shoot at a ship it has to be in range, and if a CV is in the back and spotted only BB's normally have the range to salvo it.  CV's decks are either lolnope or lolpen at long range with no real inbetween.  You can regularly see them bouncing shells from BB's but then the next moment get chunked at just about the same range from the same ship.  They are by far the most survivable ship overall in the game at the moment.

[ACES_]
Beta Testers
339 posts
4,470 battles

so have them run up and hide behind an island. If ca can do it cv could to. And its up to the team to protect them if are helping win

Members
114 posts
5,329 battles
6 hours ago, hipcanuck said:

1 everything is easily spotted with planes in the air and are easy to kill, boo hoo

2 you get xp for secondary damage,its not player controlled 

3  its kinda silly for AAA to stop shooting at planes that come into mid/close range AA zones

[CSALT]
Members
912 posts
7 hours ago, hipcanuck said:

I know the tier viii CVs are difficult for sane tier snd lower DDs and cruisers to kill once spotted.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
7 hours ago, hipcanuck said:

All the tier 10 CVs have armored flight decks which is part of it. If you aren't at an angle where you can put your shots right into the side of their hull your shells are more likely to break or ricochet off the flight deck.

[-WTP-]
Members
1,068 posts
2,021 battles
15 hours ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

I've seen the Midway 1 shotted more than once.  Single salvo will take it full health to blown up at 18km.

Members
92 posts
14 battles
4 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

I've seen the Midway 1 shotted more than once.  Single salvo will take it full health to blown up at 18km.

So it should, not like they risk themselves or expose themselves during attacks like the surface ship plebs.....

[CSALT]
Members
912 posts
3 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

Yes, BBs and AP work well.  DDs and cruisers at the same tier or lower struggle to kill the ships in 1v1 more often than not.

[NGAGE]
Members
3,071 posts
8,073 battles
21 hours ago, hipcanuck said:

This isn't true of all CVs.

The higher tier CVs are pretty armored and with nonexistent fire damage, they are pretty hard to kill if angled.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
9 hours ago, dieselhead_1 said:

So it should, not like they risk themselves or expose themselves during attacks like the surface ship plebs.....

Thing is that if you get within gun range of a carrier and aren't almost dead to begin with, the carrier is probably screwed since they can't do enough damage fast enough to sink anything larger than a destroyer while under fire.

[AR]
Members
78 posts
1,836 battles
On 5/5/2019 at 2:24 PM, HeadSplit120 said:

As far as your other suggestion I have to disagree.  Once were spotted we have no defense other than our aircraft.  Every ship on the map trains their guns on us to take us out.  We don't last very long.  Some CV's already move into the "danger zone" by getting close to center of the map behind an island to reduce flight time.

Wrong. Survive rates of CVs are well in excess of 70% whereas most other ships and ship types are well under 50 or even lower.

The statistics plainly show that CVs are easily the safest, most survivable ships in the game bar none.