Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Muninn77

Selling the Vladivostok

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

213
[STURM]
Members
440 posts
3,816 battles

So over the last couple of days I've been trying to make this ship work, and I just can't. My conclusion is that it takes twice the skill to be worse than a Massachusetts or Bismarck, with no significant advantages over those two and many crippling weaknesses. Basically, play one of those two instead, or play the Izmail. That thing is a blast, and doesn't  have to be a victim to tier 10 ships.

My question is, if I sold the Vladivostok right now, would I need to research her all over again if I decide in the future to give her another try, or to free EXP to the tier 9 or 10? I'm not hurting for port slots or credits, so it dosn't really matter one way or the other, but I'm curious if the game will still record me as researching it, even if it isn't in port when it becomes a full tech tree ship.

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,354
[NDA]
Supertester
5,149 posts
15,295 battles

I'm not sure can even sell the ship till the whole line is released. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,572
[WOLF7]
Members
11,366 posts
19 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

I'm not sure can even sell the ship till the whole line is released. 

This^

You can't sell it till the line is available.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
213
[STURM]
Members
440 posts
3,816 battles
25 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

I'm not sure can even sell the ship till the whole line is released. 

 

5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

This^

You can't sell it till the line is available.

Yep, just found that out.

On one hand, this means my question is irrelevant and it will be researched come heck or high water.

On the other, I have to have this POS in my port for longer than I want.

Thanks, both of you, and have a +1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
61
[TAZ]
Members
436 posts
27 minutes ago, Muninn77 said:

 

Yep, just found that out.

On one hand, this means my question is irrelevant and it will be researched come heck or high water.

On the other, I have to have this POS in my port for longer than I want.

Thanks, both of you, and have a +1.

You should be able to dump the PoS around the 24 of this month with the update (I think full branch drops then)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
529
[WDS]
Members
1,477 posts
8,231 battles
1 hour ago, Muninn77 said:

 

Yep, just found that out.

On one hand, this means my question is irrelevant and it will be researched come heck or high water.

On the other, I have to have this POS in my port for longer than I want.

Thanks, both of you, and have a +1.

Maybe its good it will give some more time to make a final decision you might end up liking it stranger things have happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
213
[STURM]
Members
440 posts
3,816 battles
35 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Maybe its good it will give some more time to make a final decision you might end up liking it stranger things have happened.

If I want a nine 406mm gun tier 8 BB that specializes at bow tanking around 11-12KM to offset the bad accuracy and thin sides, I'll just play the Massachusetts and get the same alpha strike with better DPM, secondaries, AA, range, accuracy, heals, damage control, turning circle and torpedo protection.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just absolutely done with the ship. Hopefully, WG might buff it in the next patch, or not. If they don't, I'm gonna get some credits back.

Edited by Muninn77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,632
[TASH]
Members
5,087 posts
9,302 battles
48 minutes ago, Muninn77 said:

If I want a nine 406mm gun tier 8 BB that specializes at bow tanking around 11-12KM to offset the bad accuracy and thin sides, I'll just play the Massachusetts and get the same alpha strike with better DPM, secondaries, AA, range, accuracy, heals, damage control, turning circle and torpedo protection.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just absolutely done with the ship. Hopefully, WG might buff it in the next patch, or not. If they don't, I'm gonna get some credits back.

I think that's more to do with the fact that Massachusetts is (borderline) overpowered.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
551
[TOG]
Members
3,408 posts
17,733 battles

Funny, I've doing pretty consistently well on the Vladivostok. 14 games at 71.43% W/R. The difference between the Vlad vs Mass/Tirpitz/Bismark.  Mass/Tirpitz/Bismark depends on AOE of secondaries. 9-11 km is the sweet spot.  You have to go to point black range, which in this case is under 6 km for the Vlad's advantage (damage control short cool down) to be effective.  Learning when and how to close in is going to be the skill you have to learn to be effective in this ship.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
944
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,112 posts
4,926 battles

I started out really iffy in Vlad the Often Impaled, but I think I've got her figured out now after I discovered this one little trick:

APPARENTLY, and nobody tell the devs I found this out, they might nerf it if they catch wind of people knowing, there's a hidden stat in the Russian battleships that give them a +5% buff to all stats AND +20% RNG bias if you have the Soviet National Anthem, Soviet March from Red Alert 3, or anything performed by the Red Army Choir playing in the background. I'm not sure if that applies to all Russian ships, but it definitely does with Vladivostok.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×