You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
syp_twiz

Changing who gets awarded a "sunk"

66 comments in this topic

[WOLFG]
Members
8,599 posts
7,031 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

And if you're going to play this game and keep your sanity, you have to learn to just ignore idiots.

If there were a list of commandments for WoWs, this would be near the top of the list.

[TDRB]
Members
4,448 posts
12,610 battles
7 hours ago, liangshepherd said:

There is no kill steal. 

That being said, in the future, WG better change most of the "kill x ships" to "deal x damage" so this stop being an issue.

Yes, this suggestion is much better than attacking the OP. 

• Cool 1

Supertester
2,179 posts
9,480 battles
15 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Once again..nice explanation that leaves out the MANY tasks that REQUIRE that lil red ribbon to complete the task or get points. There are MANY!  How can so many people respond to this issue and ALWAYS ignore that??

Because you’ll get those from just playing the game as you would normally. Actively going out and hunting for destroyed ribbons only leads to salt

[WOLFG]
Members
27,136 posts
7,239 battles
50 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Yes, this suggestion is much better than attacking the OP. 

Well yes, but it doesn't do much for the basic premise.

Complaints about kill stealing would just change to complaints about unicum divs hogging all the damage, or people YOLOing in for ramming. 

[YORHA]
Members
4,804 posts
9,480 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Of course it happens. There are idiots who hold fire in order to get the kill.

The mockery isn't so much in the denial that it happens, but in the reaction.

It's kind of like taking your buddy from the city swimming in the river, and him freaking out because he got a leech on his ankle. You aren't mocking him because of the leech, you're mocking him for being a little girl about it.

That's because you are used to those wimpy American leeches.

Now a Canadian leech...

Pacific_lamprey_facing_right.jpg

[TDRB]
Members
4,448 posts
12,610 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Well yes, but it doesn't do much for the basic premise.

Complaints about kill stealing would just change to complaints about unicum divs hogging all the damage, or people YOLOing in for ramming. 

There is no "perfect" solution but pouring salt on the OP is the poorest reaction.

BTW, I did not say I agreed with the suggestion, only that it was better than insulting the OP. As you said there will be those complaining no matter what so just leave it as it is.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
27,136 posts
7,239 battles
7 hours ago, JCC45 said:

That's because you are used to those wimpy American leeches.

Now a Canadian leech...

Pacific_lamprey_facing_right.jpg

Lol but I'm Canadian!

Nothing like having a nice fight with a salmon or trout, finally landing it, and it's black as a boot, with a couple of those things on it....

They bring them in from the lake, we don't tend to have those in the river, once you get a mile or so inland from the harbour. I used to see lamprey warning signs on the beach when I was a kid, but not for quite some time.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,116 posts
15,208 battles

Wow it has been a long time since this topic reared it's head.

[SIM]
Members
4,675 posts
7,770 battles

So you want to get kill ribbons for ships that you don’t kill? :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
115 posts
1,439 battles

That being said, in the future, WG better change most of the "kill x ships" to "deal x damage" so this stop being an issue.

I agree. This isn't DotA. Last-hitting should not matter. There's no need to have the game mechanics do anything to entice people into being more selfish than they would already naturally be. It's a cool stat to have, but it shouldn't be such a big part of so many rewards.

Edited by VictoryInThePacific

Members
441 posts
8,452 battles
On 5/5/2019 at 2:07 PM, mavfin87 said:

Ah, another 'kill stealer' thread in disguise.

You get credits and XP for all damage you do.  Sometimes you get the last shot, and sometimes you don't.

Over time it will balance out. I've gotten kill ribbons for ships that I set fire to at 20% and didn't shoot at again, just because rng decided my fire tick right after someone else citadeled the target was the last bit of hp.  I've had ships that I did 90% of the damage to end up on someone else's.  Everyone contributes.

The race to gank the IJN cruiser is the most fun. Shoot at ship with 25k hp. Shells land just in time to secure the last 127 hp and the kill.  :Smile_trollface:

[SEOP]
Members
1,555 posts
8,233 battles
On 5/5/2019 at 10:56 AM, syp_twiz said:

This has been bothering me and several others.. you can do tons of damage to a ship and get tore to pieces, to have someone else shoot from behind an island and take your kill. It's total nonsense. The correct way would be whoever does the most damage to a ship gets the kill, and 2nd most damage would get a kill assist. Tired of doing missions etc where you need ships sunk to only have them stolen away. can we go to kill / kill assist like EVERY PLANE GAME in the world has? 

it all evens out in the end.  I think most players with half a brain cell are far more interested in seeing that kills are secured during a match and could care less who ended up making the kill.   I often will see a red ship that's down to 10% of its HP and no one from the green team is trying to get it out of the game.  A ship with only 10% of its HP remaining can still deal out damage as effectively as a ship with 100% of its HP.   

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
On 5/5/2019 at 12:56 PM, syp_twiz said:

This has been bothering me and several others.. you can do tons of damage to a ship and get tore to pieces, to have someone else shoot from behind an island and take your kill. It's total nonsense. The correct way would be whoever does the most damage to a ship gets the kill, and 2nd most damage would get a kill assist. Tired of doing missions etc where you need ships sunk to only have them stolen away. can we go to kill / kill assist like EVERY PLANE GAME in the world has? 

Don't worry, I'll always be the one to get the Kill award when I sink you.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,396 posts
4,777 battles

Problem you end up with then is players not 'wasting' salvos on nearly dead enemies because it isn't worth it and there is no reward.

Keep it as it is.

[SCREW]
Members
233 posts
15,727 battles
On 5/5/2019 at 1:56 PM, syp_twiz said:

Thing is, the kills themselves don't really count for much. Yeah, it's frustrating when you need that last one for a kraken, or you're trying to complete a mission, but to be honest, I'd rather players shoot and take out a low HP target and get it's guns/torps out of the game rather than let it slip away and continue to be a threat. The win means more to me than the kill does.