Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BushWhacker_12

Operations -- resetting the 5 Stars

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3 posts
9,515 battles

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea for WG to reset the stars on your anniversary day, so you might play them again to earn another 5 stars (+ the rewards) from each op?

This would reward loyal players and not cost WG much of anything.  As it is, you get your 4-5 stars for each op and then you do not play them again, unless you are helping some one else earn theirs.

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
796 posts
17,931 battles

I play the scenarios for the increased credits and experience earnings (over co-op, anyway), but yes, it would be nice to have the stars re-set once a year.

[USCG]
Members
363 posts
14,543 battles

Yes, that would be a nice idea/bonus. 

[-BMV-]
Members
311 posts
15,244 battles

A couple of months ago, in another thread i suggested this:

A weekly reset of stars and rotation prizes for Scenario battles. With the current system, once you achieve 5 stars and earn all that is to be earned, there's really nothing else that could encourage anyone to keep trying them. It could be anything from flags, signals or consumables to small amounts of Coal or Steel.

Dunno what you all think.

Edited by Sidelock

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,634 posts
7 minutes ago, Sidelock said:

With the current system, once you achieve 5 stars and earn all that is to be earned, there's really nothing else that could encourage anyone to keep trying them.

Operations provide fantastic XP.  In turn, running 19pt captains in them, provides some pretty serious elite captain XP, to make more 19pt captains.

[-BMV-]
Members
311 posts
15,244 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Operations provide fantastic XP.  In turn, running 19pt captains in them, provides some pretty serious elite captain XP, to make more 19pt captains.

Yeah, but not everyone is interested in that (i know its sounds weird, but it is). That's why i suggested a rotation on prizes too alongside the weekly star reset to at least have another incentive to keep playing them.

Members
849 posts
14,844 battles

Didn't they bring out some combat missions specifically for earning a few extra rewards in scenarios sometime ago? I thought it was going to become a regular thing, but it only lasted maybe a month.

[PVE]
Members
2,884 posts
21,449 battles
27 minutes ago, Sidelock said:

Yeah, but not everyone is interested in that (i know its sounds weird, but it is). That's why i suggested a rotation on prizes too alongside the weekly star reset to at least have another incentive to keep playing them.

GCs incentive is to have you play random...scenarios are an alternate mode for people that don't like random that pays out better than co-op but not a mode they want to make so profitable (such as weekly prizes) that a lot of people stop playing random.

"A lot" may sound like an exaggeration but there are a lot of people that only play a few games a day & would love to spend that time doing a scenario that was as profitable as a random...& if they don't get the 5 stars right away it could suck up most of their usual random weekly play time.

OPs anniversary reset sounds like a legitimate request...or some other yearly date instead of specifically the anniversary if they don't want the scenario resets to interfere w/other missions/challenges they have going on for the anniversary.

Sign in to follow this