Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
fourteenfour

Scenarios, Honor and Glory skimming.

5 comments in this topic

Members
536 posts

Have had more than too many games were one or worse two players take two shots and either just AFK there or steer off into the sunset. There should be some minimum base XP required to get the new temporary currency. Got to love 50xp and lower players just spamming games in hopes they pay off.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[WOLF7]
Members
11,334 posts

Actually I have to agree. I've noticed lots of players either suiciding at the beginning, or sailing far south. Should players really be awarded 80-100 stars for afking in a scenario?

Admittedly this is the easiest scenario to pull thru even with these people, but is it really good for the game? This farming attitude is a large part of what is wrong with the game, perhaps not rewarding it would make sense....:Smile_sceptic:

OP is referring to these players. Both of these BB's drove straight into the northern fleet and died in the first few minutes. I imagine they are simply rolling as many scenarios as possible in any tier 6 they have.

Spoiler

AQkCypH.jpg

nVO71Cn.jpg

Edited by awiggin

[PVE]
Members
674 posts
1 hour ago, fourteenfour said:

Have had more than too many games were one or worse two players take two shots and either just AFK there or steer off into the sunset. There should be some minimum base XP required to get the new temporary currency. Got to love 50xp and lower players just spamming games in hopes they pay off.

It is like this every time they have a event. 

[WOLF2]
Members
498 posts
12,841 battles

I’ve seen a couple of people doing this as well.  I’d say the dumb personal missions for randoms is even worse though.  Seeing BBs firing HE for half the match because they need fires, putting out single fires just so they can use a consumable, etc.  Cruisers yolo because they need spotted ribbons.  Who cares if I’m dead with little to no damage....i spotted 2 of them before they sunk me....i got my 80 points.  They’ve mostly removed this dumb stuff from regular missions and campaign missions, but whenever they do these personal missions people play for the mission and not for the win.  

[SALVO]
Members
19,927 posts
19,892 battles
31 minutes ago, RumpledSteelskins said:

I’ve seen a couple of people doing this as well.  I’d say the dumb personal missions for randoms is even worse though.  Seeing BBs firing HE for half the match because they need fires, putting out single fires just so they can use a consumable, etc.  Cruisers yolo because they need spotted ribbons.  Who cares if I’m dead with little to no damage....i spotted 2 of them before they sunk me....i got my 80 points.  They’ve mostly removed this dumb stuff from regular missions and campaign missions, but whenever they do these personal missions people play for the mission and not for the win.  

I can't blame the players for wanting to play to the missions.  The problem is the missions are dumb and encouraging this sort of behavior.

The thing is that I doubt that they could make the personal missions make more sense without a lot more work.  Oh, perhaps some of the PMs could be made smarter without too much work, but I'm thinking that sometimes for the missions to be better, whatever code that decides what missions to assign would need the ability to pick PMs that made sense for specific ships, rather than by ship type.  For example, fire starting missions can make sense for RN HE spamming BBs, but largely make little sense for any other nation's BBs.  Or DD missions about getting torp hits or flooding hits might make sense for torpedo boat DDs, but not make much sense for any DD that only mounts one rack of torpedoes or possibly has very short range torps, like some mid tier Russian DDs.

It might make more sense (just spit balling here, BTW) to have PMs that were more like "do X amount of damage" (scaled for ship type, but very doable), or "earn Y amount of base XP" (though this one might be difficult for Co-op is the value was scaled more for Randoms. 

I was considering a "earn Z amount of potential damage" (tanking) mission, though it might be a bit unfair for DDs because gunboat DDs probably could handle it but stealthy torp boats actually want to avoid being seen and thus being shot at, thus making it more difficult for them to play normally and fulfill the mission requirements.  But it'd probably be a doable mission for cruisers and BBs, which will normally expect to be shot at.  OTOH (!!!!), a problem with a potential damage PM is that it isn't a mission that you can do by your own actions.  You literally cannot MAKE the enemy shoot at you.  Oh, if you yolo at the enemy, they'll probably shoot you, but you may also get spanked so hard, so fast that you still might not fulfill the mission reqs.  I guess I prefer missions where your own actions have a more direct impact on whether you meet the mission requirements, aside from RNG (i.e. getting hits, starting fires, etc.).

Sign in to follow this