You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MrDeaf

Clan Battles MM is crap

30 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
15,290 posts
11,987 battles

Well, it's been pretty crapfor us anyways.
Running into Hurricane and Typhoon clans constantly
We're Storm 1 and we aren't even in rank up battles.

TLDR: So how's your Storm or Gale Clan Clan Battles been going?

image.thumb.png.a13e9c07eb2724536d4b633004f00c06.png

image.thumb.png.8eb57f79805507a3f78e92567779a03e.png

image.thumb.png.bc59d19b34f5b25b7df3ce1b89e99646.png

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,797 posts
10,296 battles

triggered.gif

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
30 posts
3,700 battles

Still don't understand how we can get less (yes, it's only one) points from beating a Typhoon 1 clan then beating a Storm 2 clan.

image.png.8c74ab7237569424a998091ef10ede01.png

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,797 posts
10,296 battles

Not like they were a bravo either... just sayin'

Spoiler

unknown.png

[O7]
Members
1,015 posts
14,165 battles

9-7 record, net gain of 78 points.... clan battles MM is fine. You gained a lot more for winning than losing so you moved up a lot despite a mediocre record. I don't understand the complaint here...

[O7]
Members
1,015 posts
14,165 battles
9 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Not like they were a bravo either... just sayin'

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

their bravo rating could be their typhoon rating and alpha in storm. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
15,290 posts
11,987 battles
17 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

9-7 record, net gain of 78 points.... clan battles MM is fine. You gained a lot more for winning than losing so you moved up a lot despite a mediocre record. I don't understand the complaint here...

It would be nice if Storm 1 clan ran into Storm 1 clans 50% of the time, rather than 20% of the time

also it would be nice to not run into the same clans so often in 2 days. ARP, RNG and SOLO twice? really?

Surely there must be more clans?

Edited by MrDeaf

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,797 posts
10,296 battles
41 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

It would be nice if Storm 1 clan ran into Storm 1 clans 50% of the time, rather than 20% of the time

Yes, this.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
112 posts
9,863 battles

CBs have become uninteresting and stale, not surprised to see the numbers of clans drop off.
Certainly not fun facing the same clans two or three times in a day.
It's the Hurricane experience in Storm!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,200 battles

Clan Battles were set up to feed the best clans the worst clans. Since they removed the reward for merely playing the mode, I doubt many casual clans will bother with the mode. Wargaming seems unwilling or incapable of generating  a fair bracket system for CBs and since they don't care, I don't care. Wish there was a way to "hide" or remove all the associated messages and missions for the mode as that has become the most obnoxious part of every season. Wargaming WoWS is so inept and so out of touch that it isn't even funny any more. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[XBRTC]
Members
2,724 posts
8,695 battles

We started off the night going 1 and 4, and then we made a couple adjustments and went 8 and 2 for the rest of the night.  We even had one battle where we killed the entire enemy team without losing a single ship, and picked up 25 points. Still not quite sure how we made that happen but ... it worked. And it was brutal, like Saturday night in the laundry room at Shawshank.

[NOBLE]
Members
79 posts
7,853 battles

Maybe you need the GREATEST PLAYER TO EVER PLAY THE GAME.  When you find out who he is, maybe you should recruit him.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
107 posts
711 battles

A Clan's color is determined by the highest rating between Alpha and Bravo

Matchmaking takes into account the current team's rating.

So if a clan have their Alpha in hurricane and Bravo is Storm, they will appear as purple even on their Bravo team (which will have Storm level MM)

• Cool 1

[R-F]
Members
58 posts
11,460 battles

We are at storm league with one of our teams but the only way not to play against purple clans is to play our other team which is at gale.  We are ranked 100 on NA server according to wows numbers.  All night we played against CUTER, K, GACHI, etc.. if we lose MM gives us an even harder clan to play against.  FFS WG just tell us no appropriate opponents found can't even grind steel like this.  I don't mind winning some losing some but the MM was stacked against us repeatedly we barely won a match.  Yeah its fun to almost be good enough against top tier clans but we just can't win a match when MM does this again and again like OP.  100 ranked clan loses match to 42 rank clan, ok try a 6 rank clan, enjoy.

Edited by metameta1

[SYN]
Members
7,415 posts
12,523 battles

4 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Since they removed the reward for merely playing the mode

What are you talking about? I would play CBs just for the crazy XP you can earn. They even changed it to earn steel on every win so it's more accessible than before, no longer having to hit milestones to get the steel.

[SYN]
Members
15,290 posts
11,987 battles
3 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

A Clan's color is determined by the highest rating between Alpha and Bravo

Matchmaking takes into account the current team's rating.

So if a clan have their Alpha in hurricane and Bravo is Storm, they will appear as purple even on their Bravo team (which will have Storm level MM)

I'm pretty sure all the clans we ran into yesterday were alpha and their main lineups.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,329 posts
20,200 battles
13 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

What are you talking about? I would play CBs just for the crazy XP you can earn. They even changed it to earn steel on every win so it's more accessible than before, no longer having to hit milestones to get the steel.

I was talking about the signals for playing a match. I don't remember anything "crazy" about the xp, seems it was a set value and not particularly good. I do remember thinking to myself that it wasn't worth the effort. 

[NGAGE]
Members
3,108 posts
8,094 battles

Clan battles have great rewards. 2500 base xp on wins. Bonuses for fxp too. Plus all the league bonuses. Going 9-7 means you average over 1500 base xp. Even going 50% means you are averaging 1500 base xp.

OP, I guess I'm having a bit of a hard time feeling sympathy here - you guys have almost a 60% overall CB winrate this season.  You won over half of your games against these top tier clans too. imo, that's a sign MM is working perfectly. Are you wanting to basically have free wins against lower tier teams? The entire point of CB is to match folks appropriately - looking at your WR here, it is happening.

If you want to club folks, take a triple div to randoms. You will have a better experience clubbing.

[WOLF7]
Members
11,420 posts
7 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

also it would be nice to not run into the same clans so often in 2 days. ARP, RNG and SOLO twice? really?

Surely there must be more clans?

Then who would the elite players have to abuse?:Smile_trollface:

And no, there simply aren't that many active clans, why do you think cross server battles were slid in so fast?

[SYN]
Members
15,290 posts
11,987 battles
26 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Clan battles have great rewards. 2500 base xp on wins. Bonuses for fxp too. Plus all the league bonuses. Going 9-7 means you average over 1500 base xp. Even going 50% means you are averaging 1500 base xp.

OP, I guess I'm having a bit of a hard time feeling sympathy here - you guys have almost a 60% overall CB winrate this season.  You won over half of your games against these top tier clans too. imo, that's a sign MM is working perfectly. Are you wanting to basically have free wins against lower tier teams? The entire point of CB is to match folks appropriately - looking at your WR here, it is happening.

If you want to club folks, take a triple div to randoms. You will have a better experience clubbing.

Uhh, yes?

CB MM is supposed to factor in your clan rating.

If we were winning more of our matches, we'd be in typhoon or hurricane and be able to collect the associated steel rewards more readily, rather than get boinked by MM constantly and not collecting that steel.

[NGAGE]
Members
3,108 posts
8,094 battles
2 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Uhh, yes?

CB MM is supposed to factor in your clan rating.

If we were winning more of our matches, we'd be in typhoon or hurricane and be able to collect the associated steel rewards more readily, rather than get boinked by MM constantly and not collecting that steel.

Maybe a better question is: what CB winrate do you think your clan should have if MM is working as intended?

[SYN]
Members
15,290 posts
11,987 battles
2 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Maybe a better question is: what CB winrate do you think your clan should have if MM is working as intended?

100%, if the tactics are sound and we have higher player skill.

50%, if the opposition team has equally effective tactics and equal player skill.

0%, if the opposition team has better tactics and higher player skill.

And then you should expect to encounter these hurdles and an eventual wall when you are in rank up matches.

If MM worked properly, we should have something like an 75~90% WR until we hit Typhoon 1 or 2.

At Typhoon 1 or 2, I would expect our WR to drop to 50~55%. The primary cause of this would be player skill.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
7,415 posts
12,523 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

I was talking about the signals for playing a match. I don't remember anything "crazy" about the xp, seems it was a set value and not particularly good. I do remember thinking to myself that it wasn't worth the effort. 

2500 bxp on a win, that is very good IMO, don't know about you but I am not good enough to often get 2500 bxp in randoms.

Use some economic flags and camos and you can easily get 20-30k FXP, 30-50k Commander XP in a single match.

I guess I never pay attention to signals, they are so easy to come by I hadn't noticed more or less of such rewards. (just buy them with credits)