Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
PotatoLord73

Tachibana and Mikasa?

35 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

0
[AKN]
Members
8 posts
349 battles

Will these ships do good as credit earners? I want them as part of my collection but want to know if it is worth playing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,560
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,253 posts
10,908 battles

Decent for their tier but remember that the Mikasa is a co-op queen because few humans are stupid enough to get within her secondary range which is necessary to do decent damage with her.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,579 posts
16,977 battles

Tier 3 isn't played for credit.  If you want credit earners save for T6+.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,192
[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
4 minutes ago, PotatoLord73 said:

Will these ships do good as credit earners? I want them as part of my collection but want to know if it is worth playing them.

I usually don't think of Tier 2 premiums as 'credit earners'.  Having said that, Tachibana and Smith are funnier than a barrel of monkeys to play, but not really something to build a franchise around, either.  I've heard Mikasa with a captain with enough points with a secondary build can be funny, too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
944
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,112 posts
4,926 battles
13 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

I usually don't think of Tier 2 premiums as 'credit earners'.  Having said that, Tachibana and Smith are funnier than a barrel of monkeys to play, but not really something to build a franchise around, either.  I've heard Mikasa with a captain with enough points with a secondary build can be funny, too.

Stick AuxArmMod1, AFT, and a Mike Yankee Soxsix on there and let the trolling begin. She's definitely more of a co-op boat, but MAN is that secondary battery hilarious in action once you close with 3.8k of them. Also: Pretty much the only ship where crossing the T is an effective tactic. You've gotta show a LOT of broadside to get every gun on target.

As for credits? Well you won't lose them often, but they don't rake 'em in either. If you want a decent credit earner that doesn't get thrown to the wolves a lot  go for a tier 5 premium like October Revolution, though a non-premium tier 5 or 6 will also do fine. To REALLY bring in the credits you want one of two things: Roma or Ashitaka with Makoto Kobayashi camo, OR a tier 9 premium like Alaska or Jean Bart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,192
[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
9 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

As for credits? Well you won't lose them often, but they don't rake 'em in either. If you want a decent credit earner that doesn't get thrown to the wolves a lot  go for a tier 5 premium like October Revolution, though a non-premium tier 5 or 6 will also do fine. To REALLY bring in the credits you want one of two things: Roma or Ashitaka with Makoto Kobayashi camo, OR a tier 9 premium like Alaska or Jean Bart.

Massachusetts does nicely, and then there's Missouri, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,494
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,996 posts

High tier premiums are the best for churning credits.  The Tirpitz was king for a while, but the Missouri took over after it's release.

The only exception to this are the Tier 8 Premium carriers.  Good luck consistently clearing over 150K in them.  In Co-Op - lucky to break even on weekends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,463
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,510 posts
11,594 battles
34 minutes ago, PotatoLord73 said:

Will these ships do good as credit earners? I want them as part of my collection but want to know if it is worth playing them.

no!

 

neither are good for that, they're for :etc_swear:s & giggles!

 

if you want a credit earner get either Salem, Kii, Massachusetts/Alabama or Alaska!:fish_book: all 4 of these ships can tank a lot of damage and if you get good damage in, you'll average minimum 2-300k  credits per match!:Smile_coin::Smile_coin::Smile_coin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,463
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,510 posts
11,594 battles
12 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

High tier premiums are the best for churning credits.  The Tirpitz was king for a while, but the Missouri took over after it's release.

The only exception to this are the Tier 8 Premium carriers.  Good luck consistently clearing over 150K in them.  In Co-Op - lucky to break even on weekends.

actually I think WG buffed the earning potential. I average around 1-200k in my Kaga/Enterprise even if i only get around 50k damage. maybe they finally gave a bonus for spotting damage but did it in secret?:cap_hmm:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,192
[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
11 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

no!

neither are good for that, they're for :etc_swear:s & giggles!

Yeah, Smith or Tachibana with 10-point or higher captain are giggle machines, imo.  I keep them to Co-Op for that reason, generally.  4.7km concealment and reloads that fast are a bit much for tier 2 randoms.

Edited by mavfin87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
944
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,112 posts
4,926 battles
7 minutes ago, BladedPheonix said:

actually I think WG buffed the earning potential. I average around 1-200k in my Kaga/Enterprise even if i only get around 50k damage. maybe they finally gave a bonus for spotting damage but did it in secret?:cap_hmm:

Yeah I'm not sure there either, but I've been pulling out credit earnings from Enterprise that are just a little below what a decent game in Musashi, Jean Bart, or Alaska will usually net me. I don't know why, but I'll take it. Daddy needs that Henri IV!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,463
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,510 posts
11,594 battles
Just now, mavfin87 said:

Yeah, Smith or Tachibana with 10-point or higher captain are giggle machines, imo.  I keep them to Co-Op for that reason, generally.  4.7km concealment and reloads that fast are a bit much for tier 2 randoms.

same can be said for the Kamikaze/kamikaze R. though many will argue that its seal clubbing and shouldn't count and instead condoned.:cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,463
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,510 posts
11,594 battles
2 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Yeah I'm not sure there either, but I've been pulling out credit earnings from Enterprise that are just a little below what a decent game in Musashi, Jean Bart, or Alaska will usually net me. I don't know why, but I'll take it. Daddy needs that Henri IV!

same here!

 I'm not going to complain if they're being generous. all this means to me is if I manage a really good game with high damage my income will be even higher!:cap_like:

 

plus its a change up from my Salem. man I love the ROF on that thing!:cap_rambo:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,150
[WOLF3]
Members
19,205 posts
17,569 battles

Low Tier Premiums aren't ideal for a few reasons.

1.  Those tiers aren't exactly good in rewards to begin with.

2.  The impact of Premium Ship's costing less in servicing gets more important the higher in tier you get.

3.  Many missions, events, and campaigns count only Tier V as the minimum towards progress, some even Tier VIII or higher.

 

I own Tier III Konig Albert and even Tier IV Imperator Nikolai I.  Ships considered OP, broken for their tiers.  But I never play them because low tier isn't fun enough for me, on top of the 3 reasons I just listed.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,575 posts
2,613 battles

Mikasa lacks a good 2km to her base secondary range to even be competitive in a PvP setting.  Even then it would not be guaranteed unless WG give her improved secondaries in some form or another.
And they are terrified to buff her because they don't want strong secondary ships in the current ruleset.  Bismarck and Massachusetts are both test beds  as to what to do with secondary boats, and we're still waiting for them to be relevant enough to warrant a 11-15 point build that sacrifices survivability so much.

It's good in coop, provided you get a low DD games (DDs are so OP at low tier, they can clean house too quickly, preventing Mikasa to shine), but it's super slow... pray you don't play on "Big Race" map.
Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,888
[_-_]
Members
1,745 posts
4 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Decent for their tier but remember that the Mikasa is a co-op queen because few humans are stupid enough to get within her secondary range which is necessary to do decent damage with her.

Very true, but not necessarily altogether bad.

Mikasa in Co-op with AFT, BFT, DE, and a Sierra Mike flag is remarkably efficient, given the quick turnover of Co-op battles. Just point her into the bigggest swarm of Zerglings and watch the secondary hits pile up. Rinse and repeat.

My Zao captain started life in the Mikasa. My current Mika skipper will go to the Yamato if I ever decide to finish that line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles

I'm going to recommend Murmansk.

Why? You want to make credits. Those tier 2 ships will make low coin for you...however, getting a T8 or so at your low battle count is a very bad idea. You will get stomped by more experienced players, get frustrated, and regret your decision. T5 is the minimum level that you can complete missions, the level of play is moderately harder than T2 yet mistakes are pretty commonplace at this level. You can make decent silver and Murmansk in particular is a decent ship. It has good range so you can disengage and still do good damage. 

Sorry fellow posters, but based on the perceived levels of the OP's experience in the game and coupled with his need for silver, I recommend no more than tier 5.

Edit--if you're dead set on lower tiers, I don't recommend DD's as a starter class and Mikasa is co-op only, good for a few laughs, then as a port queen. If you want a battleship at the lower tiers, Ishizuchi is not bad. It got some decent buffs recently and is pretty fast.

Edited by _Rumple_
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
944
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,112 posts
4,926 battles
12 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

I'm going to recommend Murmansk.

Sorry fellow posters, but based on the perceived levels of the OP's experience in the game and coupled with his need for silver, I recommend no more than tier 5.

Hey, no argument here. Plus, as a bonus, there may be a way for them to get it for free in the upcoming missions of the Russian event as mentioned in the Dev Blog! Of course said method will likely require a tier 5+ to complete, but if it doesn't I'd say go for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[HAG]
Beta Testers
364 posts
5,121 battles

I would recommend a T6 so you can use it in scenarios the big downside to them is the potential to be in a T8 battle which if you are a good player you can hold your own someone with less experience will struggle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,762
[O_O]
Members
5,010 posts
11,252 battles

Tier 2 has poor MM, as well, because of low population. Queue times can be long, and you are very likely to end up with a lot of 3v3 matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles
27 minutes ago, justdags said:

I would recommend a T6 so you can use it in scenarios the big downside to them is the potential to be in a T8 battle which if you are a good player you can hold your own someone with less experience will struggle.

Things to consider: out of the cruisers, maybe De Grasse(good range and all-around jack-of-all-trades ship). Perth is squishy and very bad range, Molotov gets focused and you need experience to play it well, Graf Spee for a newer player, no. Duca has range problems. I could be missing a few. For the battleships, Arizona is not CV friendly and gets CV focused, Warspite maybe but slow, Mutsu and Prinz Eitel you kinda need to know what you're doing, so no also. West Virginia '41 or maybe Warspite gets a good ship vote...*but*... they see tier 8 like you mentioned...and the cost jumps quite a bit when buying pretty much anything T6 and up. Not saying what you propose is a bad idea, but based on cost and the possibility of seeing T8 games and the OP's perceived skill level based on his game count, I still think no higher than T5. Just my 2 cents.

PS---yes, I forgot DD's, but like I said earlier, DD for a new player is not recommended.

Edited by _Rumple_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,976
[RLGN]
Members
10,049 posts
19,462 battles
6 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Decent for their tier but remember that the Mikasa is a co-op queen because few humans are stupid enough to get within her secondary range which is necessary to do decent damage with her.

So true!

5 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

The only exception to this are the Tier 8 Premium carriers.  Good luck consistently clearing over 150K in them.  In Co-Op - lucky to break even on weekends.

‘Getting damage’ isn’t the motivator for me like it seems to be for some, winning is.

Can’t remember the last time I didn’t make book in Co-op, even in high tier ships, though of course it’s harder to do.

5 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

Yeah, Smith or Tachibana with 10-point or higher captain are giggle machines, imo.  I keep them to Co-Op for that reason, generally.  4.7km concealment and reloads that fast are a bit much for tier 2 randoms.

Like someone else said about Mikasa; out-zerg the bots and clean house. If you luck out and there aren’t any torpies, or they all die fast, plow into the bots with Mikasa and rake in the secondary ribbons. She can even give T3 battleships a run for their money, and that close, her secondary... err... Main battery can actually hit things!

44 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

I'm going to recommend Murmansk.

Why? You want to make credits. Those tier 2 ships will make low coin for you...however, getting a T8 or so at your low battle count is a very bad idea. You will get stomped by more experienced players, get frustrated, and regret your decision. T5 is the minimum level that you can complete missions, the level of play is moderately harder than T2 yet mistakes are pretty commonplace at this level. You can make decent silver and Murmansk in particular is a decent ship. It has good range so you can disengage and still do good damage. 

Sorry fellow posters, but based on the perceived levels of the OP's experience in the game and coupled with his need for silver, I recommend no more than tier 5.

Edit--if you're dead set on lower tiers, I don't recommend DD's as a starter class and Mikasa is co-op only, good for a few laughs, then as a port queen. If you want a battleship at the lower tiers, Ishizuchi is not bad. It got some decent buffs recently and is pretty fast.

Murmansk is good boat.

Of course it’s a 19k games experience thing, but it’s such a riot when you’re bottom tier, but all the higher tier ships are sunk, and you’re still alive in your ‘wimpy’ T5 Murmansk at the end.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,944
[ARGSY]
Members
10,192 posts
6,652 battles
6 hours ago, PotatoLord73 said:

Will these ships do good as credit earners? I want them as part of my collection but want to know if it is worth playing them.

Hilarious fun in co-op but not much else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
944
[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,112 posts
4,926 battles

Oh Rumple, you forgot one VERY important tier 6 battleship in that post: DUNKERQUE! Maybe not the best choice for a newer player, I will admit, but there is no doubting that this ship is a BLAST!  She'll teach you how to bow-tank effectively, her AA and secondaries have some real power behind them for the tier if you spec them right, she's fast, she's agile, and those guns may not be the biggest but they can put a hurt on most ships she faces with the right ammo choice. She flexes easily between being a front-line tank that can punish smaller ships and break through the enemy team when top tier, to an agile harasser made for picking off stragglers and dueling her peers when bottom tier.

Yeah, as you can tell, I'm a fan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[HAG]
Beta Testers
364 posts
5,121 battles

Lol I only stopped playing Dunkerque as much when I got my Jean Brate she is a good T6 but will punish an inexperienced player hardly. Warspite is probably the best bet for a T6.

At T5 Texas is good 

Out.Rev's problem is the limited charge damage control (for a new player)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×