Sign in to follow this  
BladedPheonix

Mchale's Navy complete collection now available at Walmart!

13 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,513 posts
11,619 battles

So I was shopping for food today and I spotted an old classic while browsing the DVD section.

Mchale's Navy!:cap_look:

I remember watching this series when I was around 6 or 7 and my Grandpa's house on "TV land" along with hogans Heroes and I love Lucy. 

The series isn't really ment to be serious but its still enjoyable seeing the WW 2 equipment and outfits.  there's also a lot of navy jargon/slang used  as well.

The walmart I was at priced it at $30, which is very nice compared to some of the $40 & $60 series sets they had. (The Nanny, The Adams family, OS Hawaii 5-0)

I'll post ep. 1 for you all to watch and judge if you'd like to maybe add this series to your collection.

If anyone can recommend any other movies/TV series simular to this, please share/list them in the comment section below. 

hope you all have an awesome weekend!:cap_like:

until next time,

I'll c'ya on the Sea!:cap_look:

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,930 posts
10,828 battles

Despite Mchale’s Navy being before my time, I absolutely love that series as well as Hogan’s Heroes! I have all the seasons for a few years now on DVD. Which is nice because I have some friends that are far older than I am, and gives us things to laugh and joke about. As the saying goes, you can’t  beat some of the classics, and I have found that to be delightfully true.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,513 posts
11,619 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Despite Mchale’s Navy being before my time, I absolutely love that series as well as Hogan’s Heroes! I have all the seasons for a few years now on DVD. Which is nice because I have some friends that are far older than I am, and gives us things to laugh and joke about. As the saying goes, you can’t  beat some of the classics, and I have found that to be delightfully true.

IKR? excluding anime & cartoons, most of todays shows lack the cleverness and comedy of 50-60s Tv in my opinion. it seems as if they think if they offend 1 person they offend everyone.:cap_hmm: 

In fact just yesterday I watched a movie from Denmark I saw reviewed by SaberSpark (good/fun channel on youtube BTW) and had to stop the movie because couldn't stop laughing at a scene where the Mc gets shot in a "tender place" by multiple arrows!:Smile_veryhappy: The movie wasn't the best but for the most part the comedy was pretty fun!:fish_aqua:

[BS]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,539 posts
4,063 battles

Its also on YouTube for free. So is hogans heroes.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,633 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

Don't destroy someone's perfectly good emotional rant with silly old facts. Let OP enjoy his find until he stumbles across it on YouTube himself. Hell, it may be on Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon prime for all I know.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
5,885 posts
2,870 battles
4 hours ago, BladedPheonix said:

most of todays shows lack the cleverness and comedy of 50-60s Tv in my opinion.

Amen to that. If you know Hogan's Heroes, then you'll also know about M*A*S*H*. M*A*S*H* is the most brilliantly written TV show I've ever seen; The dialogue is so witty and rapid-fire that the only other show that has ever rivaled it in such a way is Letterkenny.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,513 posts
11,619 battles
6 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

Amen to that. If you know Hogan's Heroes, then you'll also know about M*A*S*H*. M*A*S*H* is the most brilliantly written TV show I've ever seen; The dialogue is so witty and rapid-fire that the only other show that has ever rivaled it in such a way is Letterkenny.

I've seen a few episodes of Mash, they're OK but I'm really into the surgry type of stuff. makes me kinda woozy.:cap_fainting:

Alpha Tester
5,885 posts
2,870 battles
Just now, BladedPheonix said:

I've seen a few episodes of Mash, they're OK but I'm really into the surgry type of stuff. makes me kinda woozy.:cap_fainting:

There's a lot more to it than just the surgery parts. It combines genius comedy with the most incisive and well-written commentary about war I've ever seen, and it gives you a laundry list of great characters to see it all through the eyes of.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,513 posts
11,619 battles
3 hours ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

Some of us are old school. meaning we like to have a physical copy of the product. it also gives money to the creators too. who deserve it for making such a great series!:fish_aqua:

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,513 posts
11,619 battles
1 minute ago, 1Sherman said:

There's a lot more to it than just the surgery parts. It combines genius comedy with the most incisive and well-written commentary about war I've ever seen, and it gives you a laundry list of great characters to see it all through the eyes of.

really? well that's good.:cap_yes:  I'll try it out if I can find it.

[BS]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,539 posts
4,063 battles
10 hours ago, BladedPheonix said:

Some of us are old school. meaning we like to have a physical copy of the product. it also gives money to the creators too. who deserve it for making such a great series!:fish_aqua:

Then why did you link the free youtube in your post? That's kinda the only reason I even mentioned it. 

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,513 posts
11,619 battles
On 5/5/2019 at 10:51 AM, JollyRoger6969 said:

Then why did you link the free youtube in your post? That's kinda the only reason I even mentioned it. 

Because some of the younger guys might not know what I was talking about and I figured I'd give them an example. haven't you ever heard or used a visual aid?:fish_book:

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this