You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
13579bc_bc

For yall who are grinding the tokens, Lazo or Victory banner?

36 comments in this topic

[5D3]
Members
59 posts
3,534 battles

I was looking around in the armory and I noticed that I could either spend 1500 tokens on Lazo or, I can get victory banner camos for three tier 8 USSR ships

What are your thoughts? Which one would you get?

[PVE]
Members
670 posts
5,708 battles
3 minutes ago, 13579bc_bc said:

I was looking around in the armory and I noticed that I could either spend 1500 tokens on Lazo or, I can get victory banner camos for three tier 8 USSR ships

I would get Lazo for crew training and its better match making

• Cool 2

[USCG]
Members
363 posts
14,543 battles

I’m going for the Lazo. Not a big fan of WGing’s “3D” camos. 

[WOLF7]
Members
11,372 posts

Tier 8 perma camo is really nothing special, more a convenience than anything. It's only -10% to service, you can get that with a flag.

If WG were realistic and weren't trying to push players to tier 10, increased service cost discounts should start at tier 8 -25% Tier 9 -35%

Edited by awiggin

[SOFOP]
Members
745 posts
6,755 battles

Haven't done the math but you may be able to get Lazo and a victory camo....not sure.  Probably not all 4 but most people dont have 4 tier 8 tech ships they regularly play anyways.  I'm going to get lazo and then see what's left cause hey, free premium is free.

Edited by Old_Baldy_One

[WOLF7]
Members
11,372 posts
2 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Haven't done the match but you may be able to get Lazo and a victory camo....not sure.  Probably not all 4 but most people dont have 4 tier 8 tech ships they regularly play anyways.  I'm going to get lazo and then see what's left cause hey, free premium is free.

30 days averaging 50/day =1500. Unless you are rocking out max hard difficulty and not missing a day, you probably can't get 2k tokens without buying. 

[N-W-T]
Members
1,362 posts
5,740 battles

The Lazo doesn't seem that impressive. I'm already past the Chapayev and no interest in Soviet DDs, so not interested in camo...but I can see an argument for those if you're going up those lines in not having to burn expendable xp camos.  I'm going for the crates since the camo isn't that great and crates give you coal and possibly dragon flags.

• Boring 1

[SOFOP]
Members
745 posts
6,755 battles
50 minutes ago, awiggin said:

30 days averaging 50/day =1500. Unless you are rocking out max hard difficulty and not missing a day, you probably can't get 2k tokens without buying. 

The event is going for 2 months i thought... 8.3 and 8.4 for Victory.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,605 posts
8,668 battles
2 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Only 8.3 will be awarding victory tokens, though.

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts

I went for the Victory camo for the Vladivostok. Might save up for one for the Chapayev. Need to see what Russian ships I have perma camos for. I know I have one for the Kiev from one of the anniversary collections.

Members
3,182 posts
3,520 battles

I need to see how far I get before I decide. 

[WOLF7]
Members
11,372 posts
13 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

The event continues thru 8.4, the rewards change on 8.4. No more tokens.

You can spend the tokens till the end of 8.4, you simply can't earn any.

Edited by awiggin

[-K-]
Alpha Tester
435 posts
10,973 battles

Lazo gives a free non-premium Soviet crate every day for playing it. More chances to win the Soviet BBs if you're into that.

• Cool 2

[VETSN]
Members
230 posts
3,849 battles
6 minutes ago, Dianeces said:

Lazo gives a free non-premium Soviet crate every day for playing it. More chances to win the Soviet BBs if you're into that.

Not just that, but flags and coal to boot.  I’m not a huge tier 7 fan, but I really like the Lazo.  It can hold its own in 8/9 games and dominate at high tier.  It’s a fire starter and a tack driver at distance.  It has no armor against a BB but as long as you play smart, you can deal out a ton of damage.

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
2,463 posts
11,867 battles
1 hour ago, 13579bc_bc said:

I am aiming for the Lazo. Not grinding hard for it though; if it happens then it happens. 

The main reason for grinding the ship is because I don’t enjoy any of the Russian T8s that the premium camos are for. I have grinded than all already, except the BB.

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[TDRB]
Members
2,507 posts
7,253 battles
2 hours ago, 13579bc_bc said:

I prefer to play operations so another T7 cruiser, premium to boot, will be my choice. Plus this will shorten commander grinds to 19pts. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,388 posts
12,745 battles

Going for the Lazo, not certain I can get it though.

Members
11 posts
5,324 battles

LAZO:  It's Horse S#@$$. Armor like Paper-mache! ANY other Level 7 Cruiser can tear you to pieces!! And your shots... they can't get over any but the flattest Islands.. and when you do spot a ship. your rounds will float a fair amount. They have good accuracy 'but' even doing a Citadel will only net you about 1200DM - Crazy low numbers. I've rarely seen such low damage Guns (even tho the stat's say otherwise??).  Unless you just want it for your Port Collection... don't waste your time - or money. (Fiji is far and above the way to go.. or any other Lvl7 actually.)

-------------

After ~20+ missions, I am finding that as long as you can hide real good. Lazo does OK against Destroyers. But it is very Challenging... have to say that's maybe the best part of the ship for those that really want a Challenge! 

Lazo.jpg

Edited by CaptainDragonScales
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
9,807 posts
27,863 battles

Lazo! Gonna be good in operations

[AAA]
Members
621 posts
7,125 battles

Lazo is a weaker Shors but the daily creates are nice

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
8,789 posts
4,157 battles

Camos.  I could give a rat's patootie about a flag.  Ship might be nice but doesn't seem possible for all of the above. 

Otoh, I'll wait until the end of earning before making a decision.

Beta Testers
1,690 posts
3,820 battles

Taking a break and doing the blitz’s version. Which has the Ise which is still missing from Wow’s PC. Have fun everyone with the event

[WOLF3]
Members
19,236 posts
17,583 battles

Probably the Perma-camo if you have any of those ships that they got them for.

You can replicate the Lazo play experience with Tech Tree Schors in that very same tier.  You play them exactly the f--king same way.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,645 posts
5 hours ago, 13579bc_bc said:

:Smile_great:Got Lazo  now going for camo

• Cool 2

[KNMSU]
Members
5,303 posts
5,541 battles

I got the Lazo, but am unimpressed. That's the stinky part of the Russian cruiser tree, and most people don't want more of it.