Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

You got some splainin to do! ( ram advice guys ) :UPDATED

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

222
[GOB]
Members
306 posts

Ok so some people tried to explain ramming to me..  I THOUGHT I got it but just now I was getting my buttt kicked from all sides and I knew I was a gonner so I turned hard and at full speed rammed another NC right in her side dead center full speed and I died and it sailed off.  I was told that you cause the FULL HP of your ship in damage when you ram and it still had 25K left...we BOTH have a 66K HP Max....  Well??

 

UPDATED.......  I just tried it again when I came up against another NC after 3 straight brawls and I was beat to hell but the new one was FRESH....  I knew I wouldn't survive a single volley so I spun and hit her ...This time the bot died.

Edited by Col_Nasty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
248
[MEIST]
Members
1,063 posts
4,213 battles
3 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Ok so some people tried to explain ramming to me..  I THOUGHT I got it but just now I was getting my buttt kicked from all sides and I knew I was a gonner so I turned hard and at full speed rammed another NC right in her side dead center full speed and I died and it sailed off.  I was told that you cause the FULL HP of your ship in damage when you ram and it still had 25K left...we BOTH have a 66K HP Max....  Well??

They had on the ramming signal. That allows them to survive a ram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
222
[GOB]
Members
306 posts
1 minute ago, jager_geist said:

They had on the ramming signal. That allows them to survive a ram.

Bots use signals????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
248
[MEIST]
Members
1,063 posts
4,213 battles

Put up the replay. I don't think bots use signals. Never had one survive a ram.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
368
[BS]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,534 posts
4,059 battles
9 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Bots use signals????

Next time look for flags on the ship. Pretty sure awhile back they added captains skills and flags. Could be wrong about the flags part Deffinatly not wrong about the captain skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
222
[GOB]
Members
306 posts
18 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

Put up the replay. I don't think bots use signals. Never had one survive a ram.

Not sure how to share it but I just watched it and there was no signal and it sailed away.  I will try to attach it here.  It was a crappy round.. made the wrong move to go for the NC and a Cruiser was absolutely caving in my sides so I had to kill it then focus on the NC

20190504_161118_PASB012-North-Carolina-1945_22_tierra_del_fuego.wowsreplay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,494
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,996 posts

One answer here is that you hit the TORPEDO PROTECTION with your nose.

Another is something I noticed a couple times -- ramming did no damage to the enemy, but killed me.  In fact, the bot HP didn't go down at all.  Sorry, I didn't save a replay and would need to go through dozens of replays to get to it.

But I need to flush out the radiator in the Jeep, so that's not happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
248
[MEIST]
Members
1,063 posts
4,213 battles
30 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Not sure how to share it but I just watched it and there was no signal and it sailed away.  I will try to attach it here.  It was a crappy round.. made the wrong move to go for the NC and a Cruiser was absolutely caving in my sides so I had to kill it then focus on the NC

20190504_161118_PASB012-North-Carolina-1945_22_tierra_del_fuego.wowsreplay

It wouldn't fully play for me. So, I have no idea what happened in that ram. I never had a bot survive. Maybe the torp protection like said above had something to do with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
709
[INTEL]
Members
1,228 posts
10,862 battles
4 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Ok so some people tried to explain ramming to me..  I THOUGHT I got it but just now I was getting my buttt kicked from all sides and I knew I was a gonner so I turned hard and at full speed rammed another NC right in her side dead center full speed and I died and it sailed off.  I was told that you cause the FULL HP of your ship in damage when you ram and it still had 25K left...we BOTH have a 66K HP Max....  Well??

 Weird thing happen on rams occasionally. A few days ago I slammed my Lyon into the side of a bot Colorado on Narai. It was about 1/2 hp and took zero damage while killing me.

 About 6 months back I was playing a DD and rammed a red DD trying to run from me, right in his stern. Zero damage and actually drove my bow up onto his fantail.

Edit: And on that subject. Just after I posted the above I rammed the CO in Narai in its starboard qtr from behind, with Duck of York, killing it while taking no damage to myself

Edited by Ares1967

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,135
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,594 posts
15,896 battles
2 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Bots use signals????

Bots get ALL the Captains skills and ALL the signal flags, plus they cheat on top of that. If you don't believe me watch how Bot DDs go directly for the nearest ship even though they can't see it. It was even worse when we had Bot CVs, their planes would fly right at you, but at least that's over now.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
709
[INTEL]
Members
1,228 posts
10,862 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Bots get ALL the Captains skills and ALL the signal flags, plus they cheat on top of that. If you don't believe me watch how Bot DDs go directly for the nearest ship even though they can't see it. It was even worse when we had Bot CVs, their planes would fly right at you, but at least that's over now.

 You mean how bots will sometimes start dodging torps even if you dont have them targeted? Or have their guns pointed right at you and fire the instant you get detected? I dont mind it in Co-op but in ops where its already 7 vs 30+ it can be infuriating. I've also noted the bots in Aegis appear to to react to IJN torps more than they do others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,998
[INTEL]
Members
9,806 posts
27,863 battles
4 hours ago, JollyRoger6969 said:

Next time look for flags on the ship. Pretty sure awhile back they added captains skills and flags. Could be wrong about the flags part Deffinatly not wrong about the captain skills.

Yup, especially in operations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,135
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,594 posts
15,896 battles
1 hour ago, Ares1967 said:

 You mean how bots will sometimes start dodging torps even if you dont have them targeted? Or have their guns pointed right at you and fire the instant you get detected? I dont mind it in Co-op but in ops where its already 7 vs 30+ it can be infuriating. I've also noted the bots in Aegis appear to to react to IJN torps more than they do others.

Bottom line ….. Bots cheat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,192
[WOLF1]
Members
4,327 posts
30 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Bottom line ….. Bots cheat.

The trick to torping ships in Co-Op is make them commit to the first rack, and then dump the other one.  Let their pre-knowledge work against them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
637
[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,480 posts
8,156 battles

I wonder if this has something to do with ramming applying as flood damage and bots being able to DCP instantly as soon as that damage would be applied. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×