Sign in to follow this  
Swadian

Conqueror Double Rudder Commander Build?

Conqueror Last 3 Commander Skill Points  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What skills should I spend my last 3 points on?

5 comments in this topic

[DIEBL]
Members
61 posts
3,631 battles

Running standard Conqueror commander (not Dunkirk with Handyman) and double rudder with UU. Prefer to play aggressive. Current skills are: PT, EM, AR, SI, FP, and CE. Please note, despite playing aggressive I don't often find use for all 4 heals, so fire and flooding aren't my biggest concerns.

Edited by Swadian

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,179 posts
2,956 battles

I do have Dunkirk in mine, and I too run double rudder. 

My build is PT, boosted EM and JoAT, SI, BoS, CE, FP.

I would say it's safe to skip HA. Unless you find it hard to manage DCP, unboosted is fine, especially with all the repair potential. I would also say Vigilance is a hard pass. Double rudder, proper position, and a sprinkle of situational awareness is more than enough for safe torp beats. IMO the only debate is AR vs JoAT. With Dunkirk, I prefer the less-common JoAT build. Without him, it's a tossup. Do you value survival or DPM more? 

[DIEBL]
Members
61 posts
3,631 battles
9 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

I do have Dunkirk in mine, and I too run double rudder. 

My build is PT, boosted EM and JoAT, SI, BoS, CE, FP.

I would say it's safe to skip HA. Unless you find it hard to manage DCP, unboosted is fine, especially with all the repair potential. I would also say Vigilance is a hard pass. Double rudder, proper position, and a sprinkle of situational awareness is more than enough for safe torp beats. IMO the only debate is AR vs JoAT. With Dunkirk, I prefer the less-common JoAT build. Without him, it's a tossup. Do you value survival or DPM more? 

I already have AR and wouldn't forgo it for JOAT, but I find BOS hampering my ability to farm Dreadnoughts, use Heal #4, and maximize DPM with AR. I'd rather take more fire damage and heal it later than take less fire damage and lose out on Dreadnought and DPM. So I'm gonna retrain the Commander by getting rid of BOS for either HA + PM, JOAT + PM, or VIG. Anything but BOS.

The only reason I haven't retrained yet is because HA and VIG are hard sells and JOAT is weak without Dunkirk. However, any of these would be better than BOS because BOS is actually reducing my performance.

Edited by Swadian

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,179 posts
2,956 battles
5 minutes ago, Swadian said:

I already have AR and wouldn't forgo it for JOAT, but I find BOS hampering my ability to farm Dreadnoughts, use Heal #4, and maximize DPM with AR. I'd rather take more fire damage and heal it later than take less fire damage and lose out on Dreadnought and DPM. So I'm gonna retrain the Commander by getting rid of BOS for either HA + PM, JOAT + PM, or VIG. Anything but BOS.

The only reason I haven't retrained yet is because HA and VIG are hard sells and JOAT is weak without Dunkirk. However, any of these would be better than BOS because BOS is actually reducing my performance.

Fair point. Actually come to think of it, I considered doing something similar myself (Swapping BoS for PM and AR (JoAT in your case)). I mean its viable by all means.... Even DE is viable, just not recommended. I still maintain that HA is fairly useless. Between the heals and proper DCP management, fires shouldn't be a huge concern. I would rank vigilance close to DE. Useful sure, but an overall poor use of points and easily mitigated by good performance.

10 minutes ago, Swadian said:

but I find BOS hampering my ability to farm Dreadnoughts, use Heal #4, and maximize DPM with AR. I'd rather take more fire damage and heal it later than take less fire damage and lose out on Dreadnought and DPM...... However, any of these would be better than BOS because BOS is actually reducing my performance.

I'm sure you can see where I disagree with this statement. Medals obviously do not equal performance. To me, less fire damage is less I have to heal which is more battle time. I can agree that JoAT is pretty weak without Dunkirk, and cant say I blame you for opting for AR.... However a 3 minute reload is pretty crippling. Bos/AR/JoAT combos are something to experiment with and research for sure. Even so, any way I can possibly spin it, BoS is not reducing your performance at all (mentally maybe, but not physically).

In the end, you have the right idea. 9* seconds off fire or 9* seconds off of heal... its all close enough to same. Your not trying to swap out SI for Survivability Expert:Smile_teethhappy:. I still stand by BoS, but JoAT and PM will serve you just as well. 

* - Actual values (assuming no other fire time reduction modifiers)

[DIEBL]
Members
61 posts
3,631 battles
7 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Fair point. Actually come to think of it, I considered doing something similar myself (Swapping BoS for PM and AR (JoAT in your case)). I mean its viable by all means.... Even DE is viable, just not recommended. I still maintain that HA is fairly useless. Between the heals and proper DCP management, fires shouldn't be a huge concern. I would rank vigilance close to DE. Useful sure, but an overall poor use of points and easily mitigated by good performance.

I'm sure you can see where I disagree with this statement. Medals obviously do not equal performance. To me, less fire damage is less I have to heal which is more battle time. I can agree that JoAT is pretty weak without Dunkirk, and cant say I blame you for opting for AR.... However a 3 minute reload is pretty crippling. Bos/AR/JoAT combos are something to experiment with and research for sure. Even so, any way I can possibly spin it, BoS is not reducing your performance at all (mentally maybe, but not physically).

In the end, you have the right idea. 9* seconds off fire or 9* seconds off of heal... its all close enough to same. Your not trying to swap out SI for Survivability Expert:Smile_teethhappy:. I still stand by BoS, but JoAT and PM will serve you just as well. 

* - Actual values (assuming no other fire time reduction modifiers)

9 seconds off heal is better than 9 seconds off fire because heal works on fires, flooding, pens, and torps, not just fire. However, I already run premium heal with November Foxtrot so JOAT would only shave 6 seconds off heal. I agree that HA isn't much use on Conq.

The current Victory event rewards Dreadnought as a "heroic achievement" for 160 points. This, combined with increased DPM from AR, rewards players willing to sit out more fires and flooding. If Vigilance spots torps for the whole team, 25% increased detection radius sounds like a good deal.

If I had Dunkirk, I'd take PM + JOAT in lieu of BOS. Since I don't have Dunkirk, Vigilance seems like the winner unless it only spots torps for myself.

Edited by Swadian

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this