You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Target_1

Possible computer with the new update

9 comments in this topic

Members
57 posts
3,769 battles

as you may or may not know, I can't play right now due to the new update being too much for my laptop to handle

a computer I found at Best Buy for a pretty good price has the following specs.

8 GB RAM

Intel HD 630 

i3 8100... I think cpu speed was 3.10 Ghz

but it was a 32 bit system

would world of warships work on this machine?

[GOB]
Members
332 posts

DO not walk...RUN away from that machine.    Those graphics and that I3 will be dragging [edited].  Also don't even bother with anything 32 bit.  Best buy isn't the place to get a machine... too much markup means old weak hardware.  Amazon has GREAT Business refurbs at prices that will shock you AND most come in Factory refurb boxes to boot.  Just make sure they are Prime

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,930 posts
10,828 battles
5 minutes ago, Target_1 said:

as you may or may not know, I can't play right now due to the new update being too much for my laptop to handle

8 GB RAM

Intel HD 630 

Word of advice when running high graphics game is you want a larger sized laptop that can House good ventilation, or better yet a good desktop. Because with the graphical requirements of ganes like WOWs your graphics chips will run a little on the hot side, which they can usually handle, but never hurts to be certain they will have good ventilation. Reason I mentioned it is because some of the more compactly build laptops lacking good ventilation may be good for checking emails and that kind of thing, but WOWs could quickly raise temperature levels higher than what is recommended.

[POP]
Members
1,467 posts
17,157 battles
26 minutes ago, Target_1 said:

8 GB RAM

Intel HD 630 

you need a 64 bit now 32 bit system was dropped just recently

[CLARE]
Members
323 posts

It has 32 bit OS.  Its value is exactly zero.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,247 posts
2,980 battles

World of Warships has transitioned to only 64-bit, so no. That machine would not work with WoWS. 

It also is a bad idea in general. A good computer tip in general is to buy for what you are going to need, not what you need now. You don't want to be in this same situation 12 months down the road. It doesnt have to be 4k UHD raytracing fancy pants... but it should be something above minimum.

Best of luck, hope you get back out there soon!:Smile_honoring:

[-TAB-]
Beta Testers
131 posts
7,060 battles

Also check new egg for referb  or unbox got a sick deal a year ago and be patients and great stuff will come up.  The guy who said best buy s#&ks doesn't know what he's talking about unbox stuff can be great it's just patients. Also alien has some great deals around holiday there trying to dump all that 1060 and 1070.

Here is something I found with 5 min looking I don't know how low you want to go but this would be a good start 64 bit 1050ti  I5  $459

https://m.newegg.com/product/9SIAHT38MD7290?m_ver=1

Also I am sure you could even find one in the high $300's if you look hard enough

Edited by OppressorUnion

Members
57 posts
3,769 battles

Amazon seems to have lots and lots in the low price area... I guess I'll start by looking there.  Thanks.