You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
rwelsh98

Computer setup?

12 comments in this topic

[ONV]
Members
11 posts
2,145 battles

So as the name implies, I'm looking for a computer/computer build. I want to learn more about computers so I am learning towards building my own. I would use this computer for gaming(obviously) mostly wows and a little farm sim, and I would use it for work (engineer). Will take any suggestions as my old computer is super out of date and I want to be able to run wows to its max with high fps. 

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day 

[NEMO]
Members
119 posts

Depends how much you wanna spend....desktop or laptop ?

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
1,168 posts
1,103 battles

What's your budget, my dude? You can max WoWs for around $600. Your farm sim will probably need better hardware to max out.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
20,455 posts
13,901 battles

I'm running an old i5 4590 with 8GB ram and a 2GB GTX 960, and I can run WoWS at max settings at 1080p at 60+ FPS. Anything better than my machine will run WoWS just fine.

• Cool 1

Members
292 posts
3,551 battles

I know you want to build but Asus/Strix Scar gaming laptops are kick [edited], quiet, backlit and not that hot. Plus you can take it on a plane when you need "vacation" time with the family. 

Best $1500 spent ever 

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,179 posts
2,956 battles

Best kept secret IMO is 1070Ti GPU. Almost 1080ti levels of performance at a third of the cost. Got mine for 400 bucks and love it to bits. I run WoWS at max settings 4k, and even GPU intensive games I can run at high or ultra with 4k. 

For your CPU I have had no issues with AMD. Intel might be better, but the money you save with AMD can buy you a even better chip than the Intel price equivalent.

I have the Ryzen 7 2700x, 1070Ti graphics card, and 16gb of ram.

Edited by _1204_

[WAG]
Beta Testers
730 posts
6,099 battles

running max settings on wows doesent take much, before i upgraded it i was able to play max settings wows on a ryzen 5 2400G with 16 GB ram. only reason i got a GPU later (RX580 8gb) was for other games.

[WPP1]
[WPP1]
Beta Testers
655 posts
4,404 battles
2 hours ago, rwelsh98 said:

So as the name implies, I'm looking for a computer/computer build. I want to learn more about computers so I am learning towards building my own. I would use this computer for gaming(obviously) mostly wows and a little farm sim, and I would use it for work (engineer). Will take any suggestions as my old computer is super out of date and I want to be able to run wows to its max with high fps. 

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day 

Here is a decent beginners guide.  

Also, go to PC parts picker and ask some questions and look at some build ideas. Quite a bit of useful help there. Basically, your budget determines your build. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/

[WORX]
Members
3,244 posts
14,670 battles

I have previous post on my recommended gaming PC, here ya go. (deja vou)

1. I7 dual core minimum for your CPU
  2. 1050 GTX minimum for your GPU ( WOWS uses %50 GPU in port and %50 CPU in battle)
  3. 32 GB of SD ram (both for gaming and for your job requirements)
  4. A fast refresh monitor, size up to your descretion
  5. Win 10 OS with  64 bits.
  6. 1TB HD room

After you have your machine locked down, THAN you need good ethernet cables to make sure your connection is up to par.

Hope this helps... Pricing depends on your willingness to spend and availability.

GL/HF @rwelsh98

Edited by Navalpride33

[CLARE]
Members
298 posts

Yeah, budget, give us some digits, we don't really care about words.

Edited by ij70