You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
syp_twiz

answer this carrier question...

9 comments in this topic

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
54 posts
4,691 battles

so i have a full squad of bombers from the enterprise, i got the plane buffs etc.. i use speed boost to make a run on a yamato (no fighters around) and use speed boost all the way in on my run, and he cuts down EVERY SINGLE PLANE I HAVE before i can even drop..  I'm going to say this ONE MORE TIME. Tier 8 and tier 10 ships DON'T BELONG IN THE SAME ROUND. There's a bunch of us that are sick of how [edited] this game is getting . go to 2 tier spread on ships.. 3 is absolutely too much. I took a tier 7 atlanta out earlier as top tier and absolutely crushed the enemy team almost single handedly.. a rare occasion as i generally lose 8 out of 10 rounds regardless of what tier or ship i play because the matchmaking and teamplay just absolutely BLOWS on this game. I pay for a premium sub, i buy dubloons, credits, ships etc, but it's like throwing money in the trash, because the game just isn't fun anymore.. my clan participation is going downhill fast. got about 8 clanmates who just quit playing entirely. PLEASE fix the game, and less of the trinkets, sanction battles and nonsense missions.. MAKE THE GAME PLAYABLE for christ sakes. so someone answer me on how i can't MAKE A SINGLE BOMB RUN ON A YAMATO with a tier 8 set of bombers.. i'm waiting. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,645 posts

Yamato AA is not that bad.  There are T10 ships with a LOT better AA than that.  See Mino, Wooster etc, these ships are almost true no fly zones.

That said, you have very few games in your T8 CVs and the AA takes a pretty big step up for T8 CVs vs T6 CVs.  While this is the case, making drops on ships like the Yamato are still certainty doable. I think some more practice would serve to help.

Could you post one of your replays?  Maybe we could watch one and use it to give some helpful advice.

• Cool 1

[WDS]
Members
1,532 posts
8,267 battles
3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Yamato AA is not that bad.  There are T10 ships with a LOT better AA than that.  See Mino, Wooster etc, this ships are almost true no fly zones.

That said, you have very few games in your T8 CVs and the AA takes a pretty big step up for T8 CVs vs T6 CVs.  While this is the case, making drops on ships like the Yamato are still certainty doable. I think some more practice would serve to help.

Could you post one of your replays?  Maybe we could watch one and use it to give some helpful advice.

+1 For a pleasant helpful reply to an obviously frustrated OP . 

[KAPPA]
Members
714 posts
5,649 battles
22 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

Someone please tell me how to make an attack run.

First, are you avoiding flak? If yes, move on. If no, avoid the flak.

Second, was the Yamato alone? If yes, move on. If no, that's why.

Third, are your planes fully upgraded? If yes, good. If no, upgrade them.

Fourth, do you have the plane survivability skills? If yes, good. If no, grab them.

If you answered no to any of these questions, then these are places you can improve on.

Yamato's AA isn't so terrible as to be ineffective, especially with the buffs. This is basically why CVs usually only attack DDs early on, as we have little in the way of targets.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup

[RG-1]
Beta Testers
664 posts
2,439 battles
36 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

so i have a full squad of bombers from the enterprise, i got the plane buffs etc.. i use speed boost to make a run on a yamato (no fighters around) and use speed boost all the way in on my run, and he cuts down EVERY SINGLE PLANE I HAVE before i can even drop..  I'm going to say this ONE MORE TIME. Tier 8 and tier 10 ships DON'T BELONG IN THE SAME ROUND. There's a bunch of us that are sick of how [edited] this game is getting . go to 2 tier spread on ships.. 3 is absolutely too much. I took a tier 7 atlanta out earlier as top tier and absolutely crushed the enemy team almost single handedly.. a rare occasion as i generally lose 8 out of 10 rounds regardless of what tier or ship i play because the matchmaking and teamplay just absolutely BLOWS on this game. I pay for a premium sub, i buy dubloons, credits, ships etc, but it's like throwing money in the trash, because the game just isn't fun anymore.. my clan participation is going downhill fast. got about 8 clanmates who just quit playing entirely. PLEASE fix the game, and less of the trinkets, sanction battles and nonsense missions.. MAKE THE GAME PLAYABLE for christ sakes. so someone answer me on how i can't MAKE A SINGLE BOMB RUN ON A YAMATO with a tier 8 set of bombers.. i'm waiting. 

Hey mate, AA can be pretty strong if the enemy player know how to use it and specially if they build some defences around this.

As an example, the other day I wiped out an entire attacker squad from an enterprise with my Bismarck just because he got too cocky to go for another target that was 3km behind me, he literally flew through my flak wall and I just noticed the ribbon rising from 1~2 to 11 in no time.

As a CV main, there are times where flaks will be undodgeable and you'll end up losing a lot of planes for nothing, this is frustrating but you need to understand that there is also RNG with planes, if you have questions regarding CVs, feel free to ask.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,029 posts
10,064 battles
53 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

1. Yammy has good aa look it up.

2. How you think a t6 ship feels against a t8 cv. Spoiler it sucks

3. The tiering system for mm is a long and constant complaint that short of a 100% increase in player population will not change.

4. You should really look at the SR aura of the YAMMY. If you are using Dive bombers then hate to tell you this. that .1- 1.9 is your entire dive. With the right captain skills and ship upgrade, and the bonus from sector enhancement you can easily spike the Yammy's SR to 1730 damage and 1530 after your 10% armour So if you took any flak or  did not boost through the LR which is from 5.8km -1.9km as it has no midrange aura then yeah you were screwed with your 1900 hp per plane squad.

Next time wait for it to get shot at a bit to remove some of that aa or learn to rocket and strip them yourself.

[SOV]
Members
2,643 posts
46 minutes ago, syp_twiz said:

Some ships you cant attack. Ranger vs any t8 bb is a no go even late game. Try going bow to stern. Less AA and ships close fast.

[MIA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,480 posts
8,156 battles

Welcome to the world of CVs. Have even Bismarcks shoot down retreating tier 10 bombers from green HP and then have to wait half the game to regenerate them back after doing less damage than a Yamato can in one salvo. Know when to sacrifice your bombers to get a few lucky floodings or fires or stick to bullying destroyers. 

[BS]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,539 posts
4,063 battles

Pick and choose your targets. This is something that must be learned especially when bottom tier.

You can make a difference in a t8 cv in a t10 battle it's just a different playstyle than when you are top tier.