You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TwoLate51

CV Match Making just a thought.

15 comments in this topic

[THOR]
Members
198 posts
4,234 battles

Ok let me start this out saying,

1. I have not one game in a CV

2. I have a 48.6 percent win rate.

3. I know I suck and am a potato.

So I saved you from stat shaming me.

Tier 10 CV level you can have two in game each side would this cause?

a. The potatoes getting more frustrated and will play less in tier 10 like me in my 48% win rate.

b. That would leave more quality players in 10 the elite and they are so good I keep hearing this all the time to deal with 2 carriers and have better game play.

The rest of tiers have only 1 carrier per side would this cause?

a. Potatoes like me to play in the potato tiers to get good and have a better experience.

To wrap this up the elite unicum players might get games in 10 that will weed out the potatoes and they can start getting better quality games then they can blame the losses on something else.

Us potatoes can be in the under tiers learning with one carrier the gaming mechanics. I see a win win.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,372 posts
10,928 battles

Tier 10 has a soft one CV per team and a hard two per team.

Limiting tier 10 to a hard one will only increase the queue dumps which are often not enjoyable for anyone.

[WDS]
Members
1,519 posts
8,265 battles
16 minutes ago, TwoLate51 said:

Its kind of sad we have to preface our post with I'm potato before we post but I do the same thing too because I also am a potato . 

16 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Tier 10 has a soft one CV per team and a hard two per team.

Limiting tier 10 to a hard one will only increase the queue dumps which are often not enjoyable for anyone.

Yes and I barley see 2 CVs in tier 10 games anymore with the soft cap I think it works good .

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,372 posts
10,928 battles
13 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Its kind of sad we have to preface our post with I'm potato before we post but I do the same thing too because I also am a potato . 

Yes and I barley see 2 CVs in tier 10 games anymore with the soft cap I think it works good .

Plus how often is that CV a tier 8 in that tier 10 match. Just got out of a match with my Implacable, 8 tier 10, 3 tier 8, and a single tier 9, that was so much fun.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
632 posts
4,551 battles

Still hoping for +/- 1 MM for CVs, and 1 CV soft limit for tiers 6 and 8.  Yes cv queue times would increase but anti cv salt would decrease in equal or greater proportion 

[WDS]
Members
1,519 posts
8,265 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Plus how often is that CV a tier 8 in that tier 10 match. Just got out of a match with my Implacable, 8 tier 10, 3 tier 8, and a single tier 9, that was so much fun.

Yes I play the Massachusetts and I'm in a lot of tier 10 games there is usually one 1 tier 10 CV and when there are 2 it's almost always a tier 10 CV and a tier 8 CV barley ever do I see two tier 10 CVs when I'm up tiered . But when I do that's trouble !!!

[THOR]
Members
198 posts
4,234 battles

Thanks for the replies. I am hoping that some way there can be a way to encourage some like me to play less tier 10 and get better in the lower tiers so those that are really good can play quality games. I know if there were less carriers in lower tiers I would play more in lower tiers.

[RG-1]
Beta Testers
664 posts
2,439 battles
47 minutes ago, TwoLate51 said:

Tier 10 CV level you can have two in game each side would this cause?

a. The potatoes getting more frustrated and will play less in tier 10 like me in my 48% win rate.

b. That would leave more quality players in 10 the elite and they are so good I keep hearing this all the time to deal with 2 carriers and have better game play.

The rest of tiers have only 1 carrier per side would this cause?

a. Potatoes like me to play in the potato tiers to get good and have a better experience.

To wrap this up the elite unicum players might get games in 10 that will weed out the potatoes and they can start getting better quality games then they can blame the losses on something else.

Us potatoes can be in the under tiers learning with one carrier the gaming mechanics. I see a win win.

You don't need to shame yourself like that for what you just said, nor in topics like "I think AA isn't rewarding" and "I can't dodge planes" since those doesn't need your knowledge of the class to do something about.

You do need to "shame yourself" about your CV games if you were saying "CVs are OP", "I can solo win games with CVs" and the likes while not playing even 1 match of CV, sadly this is what most players in this forum says...some smart enough to hide their stats so that their lies aren't exposed.

No to your idea, T10 CV is too strong to have 2 CVs per team and the same applies for other CVs when they're top tier of the match, the only possible solution would be to limit CV MM to be -1/+1 or just +1, a T8 CV can face off against T9 ship with some difficulty but against T10 they're pretty much useless, but to be honest, the CV hype is cooling off, I've played my daily matches for the containers and event and I only faced 2 CVs once with the rest being a mix between no CVs or 1 CV.

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
1,642 posts
18 minutes ago, missile742 said:

Still hoping for +/- 1 MM for CVs, and 1 CV soft limit for tiers 6 and 8.  Yes cv queue times would increase but anti cv salt would decrease in equal or greater proportion 

Other's being "salty" and their feelings, is a horrible reason to create longer queue times for only a specific class.

Imagine if I advocated for cruisers and only cruisers, to have much longer queue times, reducing the number of games they can play in their free time, because I personally don't like cruisers.  Your suggestion is no different.

The other problem with this has been explained by suboctavian (WG) already.  It's a snow ball effect and would eventually result in the MM force creating games with less and less ships in them, 7v7, 6v6, 3v3 etc.  You (even as a non CV) would be included in those horribly force matched games. 

If WG could simply flip the switch and make CVs only 1 per side at all tiers with no really negative effects, they would have done it months ago. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
19,372 posts
10,928 battles
20 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Yes I play the Massachusetts and I'm in a lot of tier 10 games there is usually one 1 tier 10 CV and when there are 2 it's almost always a tier 10 CV and a tier 8 CV barley ever do I see two tier 10 CVs when I'm up tiered . But when I do that's trouble !!!

The problem isn't being up tiered as much as it is the number of bottom tier ships. A tier 10 match with 8 tier 8's is completely different from a tier 10 match with 8 tier 10's.

• Cool 1

[WDS]
Members
1,519 posts
8,265 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The problem isn't being up tiered as much as it is the number of bottom tier ships. A tier 10 match with 8 tier 8's is completely different from a tier 10 match with 8 tier 10's.

Yea well I don't count 3 tier 10 ships in the match as being up tiered as you said . But lately I've been 1 of only 3 tier 8 in the match the rest tier 10 that's being up tiered . There are lots of different combos of being up tiered most aren't that bad I enjoy it you learn from better players and you have the built in excuse I'm a tier 8 .

Edited by clammboy

[THOR]
Members
198 posts
4,234 battles

I don't mind up tier in an 8 to 10 as long as I am not the only one. I think if you are up tier 2 levels  there should be more 8's than 10's. Its when there are only 1 or 2 8's that get really hard.

[SIM]
Members
3,453 posts
5,316 battles
1 hour ago, missile742 said:

This will literally never happen. Any of it. 

Edited by SkaerKrow

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,322 posts
15,120 battles
2 hours ago, TwoLate51 said:

There is nothing wrong with your wr at your number of games. I would be shocked if mine was that good at that number. 

• Cool 1

[THOR]
Members
198 posts
4,234 battles
3 minutes ago, Sweetsie said:

There is nothing wrong with your wr at your number of games. I would be shocked if mine was that good at that number. 

Gee Sweetsie you make me blush. LOL. Thanks. I have been doing more lower tiers to learn more. Tier 10 is brutal for me. I can get decent damage numbers in Hind and Zao or Repub but cant get the win. I have not figured out in 10 where to position to make a difference. I am doing better with that knowing when to push or kite in the lower tiers I mean 5 to 8 tier. Antyway back on topic. Too bad something cant be done to encourage some and like me to play more lower tier to learn more. I really like playing my tier 8 ships but get dragged into a tier 10 and a lonely 8 is painful to try to last most of round. Maybe better incentive in tier 8 on xp or something like that.