You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
nastydamnanimal

Legendary mod

10 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator
1,315 posts
637 battles
19 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

How do I get the legendary mod for mino? 

Hey Captain,

You must complete the personal combat mission steps (5 steps) to get the unique upgrade for the minotaur. 

The wiki is a great place to look for information like this. http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades#Enhanced_Smoke_Generator

• Cool 3

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
473 posts
6,228 battles

If you have 600 ironium from the space battles in 0.8.2, you can buy it in the armory.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
1 hour ago, nastydamnanimal said:

How do I get the legendary mod for mino? 

46 minutes ago, Kami said:

Hey Captain,

You must complete the personal combat mission steps (5 steps) to get the unique upgrade for the minotaur. 

The wiki is a great place to look for information like this. http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Upgrades#Enhanced_Smoke_Generator

Besides the wiki above, here is the original article. The name was changed just before release from Legendary Upgrade to Unique Upgrade. These are side grades and are to provide an alternative play style. So you will usually give up some other upgrade in the slot the UU is mounted in.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/modernizations-x/

Here's the mission chain.

Stage 1: 100,000 XP

Stage 2: 8M credits

Stage 3: 15k Free XP

Stage 4: Win 15 battles

Stage 5: 40k Base XP

Do stage 4 in co-op as it is easy there. Even stage 5 is not too bad in co-op, but goes faster in PvP.

40 minutes ago, nastydamnanimal said:

Thanks and is this available for sale somewhere?

23 minutes ago, DanielLeary said:

If you have 600 ironium from the space battles in 0.8.2, you can buy it in the armory.

This.

You can no longer earn Ironium, but can spend it until patch 8.4 drops (May 29th-ish). This is the first time you could buy a UU. The UU missions do not end, so you have time.

Here's the math done for the UUs and the Minotaur specifically.

• Cool 3

Members
28 posts
1,331 battles

What happens when you get 2 legendary mods? I bought Sima's for the ironium, but I'm doing the personal combat chain as well... I wonder what happens when I finish it, do I just receive another one?

[PVE]
Members
14,935 posts
9,477 battles
5 minutes ago, Banished_Privateer said:

What happens when you get 2 legendary mods? I bought Sima's for the ironium, but I'm doing the personal combat chain as well... I wonder what happens when I finish it, do I just receive another one?

Yes, you will get a second one. It will only work for the Shimakaze, so will be a back up in case you sell one, as far as we know.

Members
28 posts
1,331 battles
5 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yes, you will get a second one. It will only work for the Shimakaze, so will be a back up in case you sell one, as far as we know.

I heard support can recover if you sell/destroy legendary mod, so kinda useless really. Also, I never equipped that Shima mod when I realized it's pretty much trash, only used for certain situations and comes with huge disadvantages... 

[CUTER]
Members
2,456 posts
11,320 battles
6 minutes ago, Banished_Privateer said:

I heard support can recover if you sell/destroy legendary mod, so kinda useless really. Also, I never equipped that Shima mod when I realized it's pretty much trash, only used for certain situations and comes with huge disadvantages... 

It can be a pain, but I transitioned to it for 12km and 16km torp options.  I dont like her on F3s as it just cant stay up with me.  Start by planning your next torp launch.  Which quarter of the ship are you expecting to dump the torps?  [CTRL]+[X] to lock the tubes on a desired angle and go from there.  You can go back to your guns and they will not be locked.  Close quarters torping you aim by turning the ship, shes plenty agile enough for that to work.

The upgrade rewards players that plan ahead.

Members
28 posts
1,331 battles
1 minute ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

It can be a pain, but I transitioned to it for 12km and 16km torp options.  I dont like her on F3s as it just cant stay up with me.  Start by planning your next torp launch.  Which quarter of the ship are you expecting to dump the torps?  [CTRL]+[X] to lock the tubes on a desired angle and go from there.  You can go back to your guns and they will not be locked.  Close quarters torping you aim by turning the ship, shes plenty agile enough for that to work.

The upgrade rewards players that plan ahead.

There are much, much better and superior upgrades for other Tier X ships, 10% for Shima's torp reload with huge negatives is just not worth it really. I also love to play very aggressively, so I play mostly with 8km torpedoes and strike at my targets from 5.6-6km. Radars, sonars and planes are an issue, but as you say: "play ahead" and predict. Some time ago when I checked, my win rate on Shima was around 60% and avg. dmg was pretty high. I think the numbers went a bit down since my last check, but when I had 100-160k dmg game after game, sure it was giving a big satisfaction.