You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Steeler_Nation_USA

I now don't care about CV's. My Kitakaze doesn't care.

22 comments in this topic

Members
292 posts
3,590 battles

I have been one of the biggest anti-CV guys out there. I apologize if i made a lot of the pro-CV crowd sad. :-(

I have only been banned twice i think in the last few weeks, for making people feel sad. :-(

The Kitakaze is such a kick [edited]ship at the right BR that guess what for the most part it doesn't care.

It has enough health to stay alive when the big bad CV players try and kill it, it has 12K torps and it shreds little DD's who try and crunch it. 

Plus it has smoke. So in a toast of friendship, for all the CV fanbois out there, lets go 5 KITAs per team!

Happy Weekend!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 6

[WOLF7]
Members
11,420 posts

I'm sure you had a point in mind when you posted this, but I fail to see it......:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 3

Members
1,629 posts
17,078 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

I'm sure you had a point in mind when you posted this, but I fail to see it......:Smile_sceptic:

Hey, he's got a DD that clicks with his playstyle in a manner that works with the current meta.  Don't be harsh.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Members
292 posts
3,590 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

I thought it was pretty well written. hmm. What school district did you go to?

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,049 posts
7,029 battles

Only 4 DDs per team now, so your entire post is ruled offside.

10 yard penalty.

• Funny 1

[IXM]
Members
351 posts
2,113 battles

Glad you enjoy probably the most fun ship in the game before the CV-meta. I'd have to ask though, how much have you had to drink?

Members
292 posts
3,590 battles

16 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

10 yard penalty.

Ok 4 Kita's per team. That will balance CV's out. lol :-)

Members
292 posts
3,590 battles
Just now, Vector03 said:

Glad you enjoy probably the most fun ship in the game before the CV-meta. I'd have to ask though, how much have you had to drink?

Nothing yet. That is why i am semi-coherent. 10AM in the glorious USA! 

• Boring 1

[SBS]
Members
3,862 posts
2,408 battles
39 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

10 5 yard penalty.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,546 posts

Well hey, hope to see you out there in your Kit and me in my carrier DBs. Enjoy - and I am happy you are happy with your ship choice! :cap_like:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,628 posts
14,838 battles

Very nice!

My Asashio doesn't care about CV's either. Why just yesterday I set a personal best in her shooting down all of TWO planes in one battle. Quite an awesome air defense marvel!

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,546 posts
17 hours ago, Khafni said:

Very nice!

My Asashio doesn't care about CV's either. Why just yesterday I set a personal best in her shooting down all of TWO planes in one battle. Quite an awesome air defense marvel!

Congratulations Khafni! Recalling days gone by, the mere fact you got even one shoot down is almost amazing. 

Have you tried carriers yet? 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,628 posts
14,838 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Congratulations Khafni! Recalling days gone by, the mere fact you got even one shoot down is almost amazing. 

Have you tried carriers yet? 

I've "dabbled" in the dark side on public test both before and after the rework. I find them easier to play now but not as lethal.

I bought a five pack of air drop crates last patch and got Saipan. So now I embrace that "dark side" and am having fun playing her. I even DS'd a Benson with dive bombers in one random match. I kinda felt dirty after that as I am a DD main but c'est la vie...

Edited by Khafni

[H_]
Members
1,941 posts
22 hours ago, JCC45 said:

Actually, we tried this the other night and since we deployed as a division and we found a pickup (a Minotaur).  Ah, it was a hoot.........in a 2x2 CV match....    Now, if WG would give the IJN AA ships their AA radar, of which it had when deployed in reality, we'd have an ongoing 6K AA envelope of radar that would increased AA efficiency by 20% when the radar is active for everyone in the zone.....!!!  (WG there is sales hint there !!!!)

Massacring DD's with four of those rapid firing ships is actually rewarding; and, catching a BB "out of place" is an orgasmic joy with four rapid firing ships working together........  The AA in that match shot down 82 aircraft and we didn't lose a soul to that cancer.....  From now on, we are staying together and "just misbehaving" in carrier matches....  Yes, we will lose a few along the way, BUT at least there is some hope.................and a lot of fun.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,546 posts
18 minutes ago, Khafni said:

I've "dabbled" in the dark side on public test both before and after the rework. I find them easier to play now but not as lethal.

I bought a five pack of air drop crates last patch and got Saipan. So now I embrace that "dark side" and am having fun playing her. I even DS'd a Benson with dive bombers in one random match. I kinda felt dirty after that as I am a DD main but c'est la vie...

Hmm... I sort of see it as the light side :-)  The whole toxicity of anti-cv is pretty crazy. Your team mates are ecstatic when you sink cause not only do they get to blame you for the loss, but they're also happy you got sunk. It's almost always a no-win situation. Heck - even if the carrier carries the match (punintended) the team doesn't hand out karma unless they neg you for sinking their targets. 

I just bought Cities: Skylines yesterday. I'm having great fun building cities now instead of destroying things, I'm building things. It's a pleasant change.

But enough side chat - Sub_Octavian's reddit post did nothing to calm the waters. In fact, it did the opposite. It was a bad move, imo, they really do need to get a proper PR person who knows how to say things without saying the wrong things. :-) 

See you on the seas, Khafni!

<we now return you to your original thread> 

• Cool 1

[INR]
Members
1,224 posts
4,060 battles
5 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

It was a bad move, imo, they really do need to get a proper PR person who knows how to say things without saying the wrong things. :-) 

I agree. There are times I've gotten responses to forum posts that I felt were completely dismissive of my concerns. Of course, @Gneisenau013 and @Kami are amazing, and I've had the pleasure of running into Gneisenau in-game once. Too bad I sucked that game and lost my chance to impress. :P

[INTEL]
Members
9,822 posts
27,863 battles
45 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Hmm... I sort of see it as the light side :-)  The whole toxicity of anti-cv is pretty crazy. Your team mates are ecstatic when you sink cause not only do they get to blame you for the loss, but they're also happy you got sunk. It's almost always a no-win situation. Heck - even if the carrier carries the match (punintended) the team doesn't hand out karma unless they neg you for sinking their targets. 

Nothing crazy about it when you think of how much pointless, unstoppable damage you called down on your teammates.

Although, it wouldn't surprise me if they stopped the ability to give CVs neg karma. I mean, they can't detonate or burn and have best AA in the game. Why not stop the negative karma too?

I just bought Cities: Skylines yesterday. I'm having great fun building cities now instead of destroying things, I'm building things. It's a pleasant change.

I love that game. 

But enough side chat - Sub_Octavian's reddit post did nothing to calm the waters. In fact, it did the opposite. It was a bad move, imo, they really do need to get a proper PR person who knows how to say things without saying the wrong things. :-)  

I cant imagine anything he could have said that wouldn't have set off half the playerbase. He really just needed to remind everyone that they were hearing the complaints. That's what he did. Since they are committed to CVs-as-artillery, I doubt anything very interesting or good for the game will come out of the next round of CV adjustments. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,546 posts
12 hours ago, WuYixiang said:

I agree. There are times I've gotten responses to forum posts that I felt were completely dismissive of my concerns. Of course, @Gneisenau013 and @Kami are amazing, and I've had the pleasure of running into Gneisenau in-game once. Too bad I sucked that game and lost my chance to impress. :P

It ALWAYS goes that way - well, most times. I think it's the Star Power effect that affects us. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,546 posts
12 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Nothing crazy about it when you think of how much pointless, unstoppable damage you called down on your teammates.

Although, it wouldn't surprise me if they stopped the ability to give CVs neg karma. I mean, they can't detonate or burn and have best AA in the game. Why not stop the negative karma too?

I love that game. 

I cant imagine anything he could have said that wouldn't have set off half the playerbase. He really just needed to remind everyone that they were hearing the complaints. That's what he did. Since they are committed to CVs-as-artillery, I doubt anything very interesting or good for the game will come out of the next round of CV adjustments. 

I think as it used be said, "The game is afoot" would have been more than enough. 

A simple "We're not satisfied with things as they are" would have been enough. Or even "Hey guys, still working hard on stuff but hey, stuff it, I'm going on vacation."

Can't blame a guy for taking vacation, that's for sure! 

• Cool 2

[HOTEL]
Members
2,018 posts
7,081 battles

Please do bring 5 Kitakazes every game. You still have zero AA and your slow, giant platform is even easier to dunk on with DBs.